kathmandu Employee Reviews

good culture
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA18 March 2018
my team is very supportive
I worked as a christmas casual which was three months contract but I did learn a lot from the others within those three months with their supports.
regular meeting to keep up product knowledge
Pros
fun place to work at
Cons
sometimes gets bored if its too quiet
Typical retail
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia14 March 2018
If you've worked retail then you know what every retail job is like.
The store i worked in had some great staff and some not so great.
Fun opportunities to travel if you submit applications and great staff discount.
Fun workplace!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD7 January 2018
Excellent workplace with great incentives. The management at the rockhampton store was cruel and unforgiving. Other than that; it is a great place to work and I highly recommend anyone to apply so such job
small shop, good pay
Retail Assistant key holder (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC20 July 2017
was a good working environment but i had to leave due to personal issues. the shop its self was poorly set out which made it very difficult to be able to help with all customers needs
Was a really enjoyable job, I got to work with really great people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney6 April 2017
In short, a typical day at work would involve assisting clients, processing sales, neatening the store, checking for stock, replenishing stock.

I learnt how to provide excellent service in a multinational setting.

The management communicated well with staff and supported us in our roles, with our development and progress at the heart of their intentions.

The Culture was 'light' but it was expected of you that you do your job properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different clients.
Typical day
3IC (Current Employee) –  Loganholme, QLD5 May 2015
Kathmandu mainly attracts customers who are intending on camping, travelling or those who have travelled many parts of the world. The stories and experiences these people share with you are interesting and an enjoyable part of the day. The apparel and range of stock that kathmandu offer have specific benefits and features and its vital that staff can confidently provide the correct information of these particular products to customers. Throughout the store, all stock is to be merchandised according to the company standard.
Pros
meet friendly people who have travelled alot
Cons
work every weekend
fantastic support from area management and a fun laid back but very professional environment i loved my time at Kathmandu
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gisborne NZ25 February 2014
Customers were always a priority. Checking deliveries for customer orders entering on system. phoning customers if order in while greeting every customer clean up store to keep at an extremely well presented store.
Drive Sales
staff meeting with store target set
I loved my job and our crew were very easy to get along with.
Hardest part of my job was when it was quiet and we had targets to reach.
Most enjoyable part was when it was really busy and shop environment alive.
I also loved our staff get togethers after work always so much fun .
Pros
fantastic team environment with extra training opportunities
Cons
not enough hours as I was part time
Productive job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremantle, WA9 February 2014
My typical day involved serving customers on the till, helping out with the stock take and any other tasks. I learned a lot about outdoor equipment and how a clothing retailer works. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who stole clothes but the best part was talking to customers.
Productive, working in team environment, support from managers and staff, helping customers, building rapport
3IC (Former Employee) –  NORTH RYDE NSW12 January 2013
A typical day at work would be in the morning we would tidy the store, see if we need to restock etc.
If i was opening the store in the morning i would prepare the tills, do stock reports, refill reports, banking. During the day if calls came in i would answer it could be a customer enquiry or another store calling wanting to do a stock transfer. Deliveries would come in i would except it into the system so then we could later mark off the stock and be able to put it out on the floor.
And when it came closing we would tidy up the store, then i would close the tills and do the counting and do a store summary report and enter that into our log book for reference to see how we did for the day. Once done then i would close up the store and leave.

What i have learnt during my time at Kathmandu do was learning different software, working in a different industry and gaining experience in being in a role as 3IC as i never had previous experience, Kathmandu gave me an opportunity and were willing to train me and give me the experience that i have always wanted in a 3IC role.

I loved working there i had great Managers and the staff were amazing, The managers and staff were quite supportive.
I guess the hardest part of the job was time management. The managers were so supportive that they would help if the job got too much and i did the same for them if they needed any help.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something different, gaining so much experience and knowledge while working at Kathmandu. And also working in a friendly team environment,

The reason why i left my
  more... job was because i am looking for work in Melbourne full time.
And it was not what i was looking for. I loved my job but i feel i need to be more challenged in my next role.
Pros
free lunches when we did stocktake
Cons
long hours but only when we needed to prepare for sale time.