KCGM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KCGM Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
Hello I recommend kcgm, I hope I could have a on going job at kcgm. Because I got really well at kcgm,staff are very good to work with and work just so hard due to weather conditions. I would like to be in a team . I did sentry work also I worked as a cleaner by myself and is a big job I have high standards and integrity that must be met .
I don't think it is acceptable to ask your staff to work 10-11 hour days for minimum wage and then cut their lunchbreaks out with the direction 'eating on the fly should be more than sufficient'. I understand targets need to be met, but human beings need breaks in order to keep their minds fresh, especially when working with heavy equipment. Luckily for me, I was a contractor and got to keep my lunch break but I did feel bad for the rest of my team. Workplace bullying wasn't handled seriously enough in my opinion and certain members of the team tended to act above their station and speak down to others which was a little disheartening to watch. Training could have been a little bit more cohesive in my area as well, as each person seemed to have their own way of doing things. That being said, we had monthly BBQs which was great and the team members who enjoyed working as a team were fun to be around. My direct manager was also fantastic and I felt lucky to have her. The best part that came from working here was the ability to work lots of hours. I really enjoyed getting my pay at the end of each swing.
great place to work and good town. Work was challenging and I learnt a lot from my time there. Ideal place to start as a graduate Geologist as you can move around.
Long hours but your around amazing people to keep you busy . 98% of people you meet are friendly , it's a great experience definitely would do it again.
I left for family reasons, but if it wasn't for that I'd still be there.
The people were great, despite the trouble KCGM had over the last few years, I was home every night, none of this FIFO b/s.

You can catch up with workmates after work... if you want to.

I never dreaded going to work in fact most days I looked forward to going in.

If
Pros
The people working there, are diamonds.
Cons
4hrs from the beach.
Produclive place to work, and learn a lot of thing from everyone.
Its been a good team and a good people around me.

Job not hard but the weather was really hot.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
The mine has challenges but has a good work home balance. New management is making changes in a positive way, Location is great in the goldfields and there is plenty of work in the area.
Used to be a great place to work but recent management changes and events have seen a serious decline in job security and satisfaction.
Takes way too long to be trained on different equipment and despite policy changes to change the old ways, there is still too much favouritism happening.
Pros
Good place to learn the mining game.
Cons
Recent events and changes in management have made KCGM a much less secure or pleasant place to work.
Great training
Good roster 7 on 7 off

Close to home

Job security

Safe place to work

Good equipment

Good management

Good people to work with
got chance to be a leading hand on a gold mine and gained valuable experience , learned how to manage large group of people with varying strengths and weaknesses
Pros
all good colleagues to work with
Cons
long hours when having a young family
KCGM is dedicated to thorough training of new personnel into the mining industry. The high level of training given to all operators is reflected in the high standards achieved onsite.
Good workplace, friendly workmates.
The mine site is near to town which is only ten minutes by driving from town.
KCGM, has taught me how to meet deadlines under strict time management, act with a sense of urgency with out feeling over whelmed by the job list. i have met a lot of people and this has showed me how to be a team member and how to think differently about doing things and also how to communicate to others!

KCGM strives on thinking beyond just a specific job , so that new ideas make out job easier and enhance the way we work to continuing improving production and to improve ergonomics in our work life.

With what i have learnt i have been giving an award.

I thought out side the box by helping my team manage the lab conduct samples better and in a safer manner.
Pros
courses are free
Cons
no where to improve/enhance your skills
nice place to work
I learn everything with a good training department

We been manage well

my co workers was great and coming from every where

long hours sometime hard

fun and nice people to work with
Good company to work for. Locally based so home after every shift.
Pros
Home after every shift.
Cons
Lower than industry wage average
A typical day at work was very exiting being part of a team environment within the security first aid section.
What I learnt was that safety is paramount within the company and safety is big part of the company.

The co-workers were great to work within the team environment because with out a team keeping together the wheels will full off.

Do recall the job being hard due to everyone new there job description and we all helped each other.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and communicating

with different people from different ethnic backgrounds
Pros
4 days on 4 days off roster
Cons
long hours but great management and easy going environment best part of the job was making life long friends and the hardest part of the job wasintense weather conditions
Pros
plenty of water breaks
Cons
I learnt alot about safe mining practices,.how to be a better and more productive truckie within OH&S guidelines.

Most co-workers are great, everybody gets along well..

Hardest part of the job is sitting around and not being able to be productive due to too many workers not enough equipment, too many casuals etc..being close to a township also has its delays and demands on the mine.

For some strange reason only a small select number of people learn to operate certain machinery which creates a lack of skilled workers to fill in for those that are sick, or on holidays etc, especially now with the recent pay cuts, a lot of shovel/loader/dozer ops are leaving big gaps to fill and in a hurry.

With the recent paycut there are also more trainees on site than long term operators and so inexperienced drivers are training the trainees,..its just a matter of time before incidents and a lack of safety could become commonplace.

Best part of the job is being kept busy all day/nite,.no time for boredom,..when theres lots of dirt to move its non-stop, and thats great.
Pros
being 5mins drive from home
Cons
roster change, big paycut from previously good salary!