KCGM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KCGM

KCGM Employee Review

I'd go back!

I left for family reasons, but if it wasn't for that I'd still be there. The people were great, despite the trouble KCGM had over the last few years, I was home every night, none of this FIFO b/s. You can catch up with workmates after work... if you want to. I never dreaded going to work in fact most days I looked forward to going in. If

Pros

The people working there, are diamonds.

Cons

4hrs from the beach.

Same location

Great place to work for...

Had 5years altogether at KCGM loved every minute,8 minutes from home and great people around you,long as yo did your job well they looked after you.

Pros

Great team of people

Cons

Very hard to climb the ladder

Long days

I don't think it is acceptable to ask your staff to work 10-11 hour days for minimum wage and then cut their lunchbreaks out with the direction 'eating on the fly should be more than sufficient'. I understand targets need to be met, but human beings need breaks in order to keep their minds fresh, especially when working with heavy equipment. Luckily for me, I was a contractor and got to keep my lunch break but I did feel bad for the rest of my team. Workplace bullying wasn't handled seriously enough in my opinion and certain members of the team tended to act above their station and speak down to others which was a little disheartening to watch. Training could have been a little bit more cohesive in my area as well, as each person seemed to have their own way of doing things. That being said, we had monthly BBQs which was great and the team members who enjoyed working as a team were fun to be around. My direct manager was also fantastic and I felt lucky to have her. The best part that came from working here was the ability to work lots of hours. I really enjoyed getting my pay at the end of each swing.

I love kcgm

Hello I recommend kcgm, I hope I could have a on going job at kcgm. Because I got really well at kcgm,staff are very good to work with and work just so hard due to weather conditions. I would like to be in a team . I did sentry work also I worked as a cleaner by myself and is a big job I have high standards and integrity that must be met .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KCGM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

KCGM Reviews by Location

• KCGM
  • I'd go back!
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?