KCGM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KCGM

KCGM Employee Review

Once great company.

Used to be a great place to work but recent management changes and events have seen a serious decline in job security and satisfaction. Takes way too long to be trained on different equipment and despite policy changes to change the old ways, there is still too much favouritism happening.

Pros

Good place to learn the mining game.

Cons

Recent events and changes in management have made KCGM a much less secure or pleasant place to work.

Same roleSame location

Safe, Productive work place.

KCGM is dedicated to thorough training of new personnel into the mining industry. The high level of training given to all operators is reflected in the high standards achieved onsite.
Same location

Great place to work for...

Had 5years altogether at KCGM loved every minute,8 minutes from home and great people around you,long as yo did your job well they looked after you.

Pros

Great team of people

Cons

Very hard to climb the ladder
Same location

Long days

I don't think it is acceptable to ask your staff to work 10-11 hour days for minimum wage and then cut their lunchbreaks out with the direction 'eating on the fly should be more than sufficient'. I understand targets need to be met, but human beings need breaks in order to keep their minds fresh, especially when working with heavy equipment. Luckily for me, I was a contractor and got to keep my lunch break but I did feel bad for the rest of my team. Workplace bullying wasn't handled seriously enough in my opinion and certain members of the team tended to act above their station and speak down to others which was a little disheartening to watch. Training could have been a little bit more cohesive in my area as well, as each person seemed to have their own way of doing things. That being said, we had monthly BBQs which was great and the team members who enjoyed working as a team were fun to be around. My direct manager was also fantastic and I felt lucky to have her. The best part that came from working here was the ability to work lots of hours. I really enjoyed getting my pay at the end of each swing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KCGM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

KCGM Reviews by Location