KCGM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KCGM Job Security & Advancement reviews

Australia19 reviews

Clear
4.4Work–Life Balance
3.7Job Security & Advancement

great place to work

great place to work and good town. Work was challenging and I learnt a lot from my time there. Ideal place to start as a graduate Geologist as you can move around.

I'd go back!

I left for family reasons, but if it wasn't for that I'd still be there. The people were great, despite the trouble KCGM had over the last few years, I was home every night, none of this FIFO b/s. You can catch up with workmates after work... if you want to. I never dreaded going to work in fact most days I looked forward to going in. If

Pros

The people working there, are diamonds.

Cons

4hrs from the beach.

Challenging place to work

The mine has challenges but has a good work home balance. New management is making changes in a positive way, Location is great in the goldfields and there is plenty of work in the area.

Once great company.

Used to be a great place to work but recent management changes and events have seen a serious decline in job security and satisfaction. Takes way too long to be trained on different equipment and despite policy changes to change the old ways, there is still too much favouritism happening.

Pros

Good place to learn the mining game.

Cons

Recent events and changes in management have made KCGM a much less secure or pleasant place to work.

Good work place

Great training Good roster 7 on 7 off Close to home Job security Safe place to work Good equipment Good management Good people to work with

enjoyed the learning experience

got chance to be a leading hand on a gold mine and gained valuable experience , learned how to manage large group of people with varying strengths and weaknesses

Pros

all good colleagues to work with

Cons

long hours when having a young family

Productive and Fun place to work

Good workplace, friendly workmates. The mine site is near to town which is only ten minutes by driving from town.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KCGM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

KCGM Reviews by Location