KCGM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KCGM Work–Life Balance reviews

Australia19 reviews

Clear
4.4Work–Life Balance
3.7Pay & Benefits

Great place to work for...

Had 5years altogether at KCGM loved every minute,8 minutes from home and great people around you,long as yo did your job well they looked after you.

Pros

Great team of people

Cons

Very hard to climb the ladder

Long days

I don't think it is acceptable to ask your staff to work 10-11 hour days for minimum wage and then cut their lunchbreaks out with the direction 'eating on the fly should be more than sufficient'. I understand targets need to be met, but human beings need breaks in order to keep their minds fresh, especially when working with heavy equipment. Luckily for me, I was a contractor and got to keep my lunch break but I did feel bad for the rest of my team. Workplace bullying wasn't handled seriously enough in my opinion and certain members of the team tended to act above their station and speak down to others which was a little disheartening to watch. Training could have been a little bit more cohesive in my area as well, as each person seemed to have their own way of doing things. That being said, we had monthly BBQs which was great and the team members who enjoyed working as a team were fun to be around. My direct manager was also fantastic and I felt lucky to have her. The best part that came from working here was the ability to work lots of hours. I really enjoyed getting my pay at the end of each swing.

great place to work

great place to work and good town. Work was challenging and I learnt a lot from my time there. Ideal place to start as a graduate Geologist as you can move around.

Amazing place

Long hours but your around amazing people to keep you busy . 98% of people you meet are friendly , it's a great experience definitely would do it again.

I'd go back!

I left for family reasons, but if it wasn't for that I'd still be there. The people were great, despite the trouble KCGM had over the last few years, I was home every night, none of this FIFO b/s. You can catch up with workmates after work... if you want to. I never dreaded going to work in fact most days I looked forward to going in. If

Pros

The people working there, are diamonds.

Cons

4hrs from the beach.

Productive place to work

Produclive place to work, and learn a lot of thing from everyone. Its been a good team and a good people around me. Job not hard but the weather was really hot.

Pros

free lunches

Challenging place to work

The mine has challenges but has a good work home balance. New management is making changes in a positive way, Location is great in the goldfields and there is plenty of work in the area.

enjoyed the learning experience

got chance to be a leading hand on a gold mine and gained valuable experience , learned how to manage large group of people with varying strengths and weaknesses

Pros

all good colleagues to work with

Cons

long hours when having a young family

important start of my career

KCGM, has taught me how to meet deadlines under strict time management, act with a sense of urgency with out feeling over whelmed by the job list. i have met a lot of people and this has showed me how to be a team member and how to think differently about doing things and also how to communicate to others! KCGM strives on thinking beyond just a specific job , so that new ideas make out job easier and enhance the way we work to continuing improving production and to improve ergonomics in our work life. With what i have learnt i have been giving an award. I thought out side the box by helping my team manage the lab conduct samples better and in a safer manner.

Pros

courses are free

Cons

no where to improve/enhance your skills

productive

nice place to work I learn everything with a good training department We been manage well my co workers was great and coming from every where long hours sometime hard fun and nice people to work with

Good company and good core values

Good company to work for. Locally based so home after every shift.

Pros

Home after every shift.

Cons

Lower than industry wage average

saftey supervision

long hours but great management and easy going environment best part of the job was making life long friends and the hardest part of the job wasintense weather conditions

Pros

plenty of water breaks

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KCGM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

KCGM Reviews by Location

• KCGM
  • Work–Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?