Kennards Self Storage
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kennards Self Storage Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Hard to find a good work/life balance with this company. Alot of hours are spent working alone as most centres operate with only 2-3 staff memebers.
Bonuses & incentives are good when targets are reached.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Long hr, weekend work, no real cover for sickness= emergencies
Terrible Management - most arrogant unprofessional and some of them appear to have mental issues. Terrible place to work at. They hire you as an assistant manager but in reality you will be a cleaner. It Includes cleaning toilets after customers. Heavy lifting including customers stuff when they don't pay and disappear.
Currently employed full time as a centre manager they are Good to work for on a daily basis............if it wasn’t for the travel time I would stay there
The culture you have to buy in like a religion... you need to drink in the Orange cool-are because if you don't you are singled out and while they encourage ideas if you offer any you will be shot down... unless you can take your way though don't bother
Pros
Money
Cons
Long lonley days
There is a lot to learn running a storage facility, keeps you on your toes with a lot of varied tasks to keep you busy mentally as well as physically.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Working at Kennards Self Storage, is an interesting part of my job career.
I've been learning how to manage a centre by myself, dealing with reservations trough the phone, online, or face to face.

I've been dealing with case of delinquency ( when customer is not able to pay) , doing inventory of a unit, and place the items into auction.

Everyday is a different day, new situations, every single customer has different needs which we try to meet.

The hardest part of the job I believe, is when I had to deal with case of delinquency, because we always try to not reach the point of "no-return" where we have to sell the items, but sometimes is necessary.

The company is very open to do as many training as needed to ensure everyone of us reach the same level of understanding, and being responsible.

What I also love from this job, is meeting everyday different people,with different case.

It gives me the chance to open my mind more, and find different solutions according to each one of the costumers.
The office is very nice and the people there are easy going. I was only a work experience student doing my HSC, they helped me out with the work my teacher provided.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kennards Self Storage?