KERRY Employee Reviews

you're pushed out of your comfort zone
Accounting & Finance intern (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry22 May 2019
worked as an intern for 8 months. had great fun, the HR team is absolutely brilliant and are highly motivated in facilitating a balanced work/life experience for all employees. Remuneration is quite good and you are constantly engaged in new projects (which some you will be expected to present top managers). overall, its a company that pushes you to be the best version of yourself. if I had one bad comment to make about the company is that its located in Tralee (finance department) which summers are amazing but winters are dreadful and the coffee at the canteen inst the strongest.
Pros
great remuneration
Cons
HQ in Tralee
Kerry is the worst company I have ever worked for!
Machine Operator/Dept. lead (Former Employee) –  New Century, KS13 May 2019
Kerry has very very poor communication and very poor management. management wants NOTHING to do with the floor. upon hired for dept. lead, I was thrown to the wolves and forced to do packaging, beacuse the job i applied for was given to a current employee (good ol boy system). working with no direction, no training and poor attitudes not to mention hired under a false job.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Lack of support from management, high turnover
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 May 2019
Constant change, no follow through, No accountability , No support
Negative work environment, No improvement on issues, high turnover in production staff and in office
Cons
No recognition for work
The job is very demanding physically, but can be very rewarding looking past all the hours.
Production Worker-Wet Mix Operator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, IA 5063023 April 2019
Need badge to get in. Very physically demanding, but a worthy workout.
Learned about ingredients that go into the food we digest and why they are important. Understand the strange words that people see in the ingredients on a label!
Can communicate the management really well, not always fixed but at least you're listened to.
Fast paced yet plenty of slow paced jobs. People need to learn how to balance that to make things smoother.
Learning the computers to run the multi rooms, labs, some paperwork.
Able to talk to people and work together pretty well.
Pros
Ability to advance
Cons
6 days a week, lots of 12 hours, 8 hour turn arounds a lot
Very busy and fast paced job.
Production Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Byesville, OH18 April 2019
Shift transition.
Shift kickoff production meeting.
Check staff and floor status while checking for any safety issues.
Meet with manager.
Check & sign charts/forms.
Conduct PVC tour.
Help with breaks conduct next PVC tour.
Prepare reports & check timecards.
Maintain floor presence.
Conduct last PVC tour.
Prepare shift transition notes.
Shift transition.
Prepare all production reports and email to pertinent personnel.
It was a nice place to work at but the manager wasn’t the right person to manage to me
Slurry operater (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI17 April 2019
I was only there for 4 months until I got into it with the manager cause I was help someone out which was my job and he front me out so I left and I called forger before I left so if I need them again I will be alright
Pros
We got three 15 minutes breaks
Cons
Short 15 min breakes
Hardley ever gey days off
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Byesville, OH14 April 2019
Work is simple but you cant ever plan anything due to all the mandatory Overtime . I was told that I was only on 2nd shift temporarily and have been stuck on it for almost a year now
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Hardley any days off unless u use vacation time
Lack of Direction
N/A (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI12 April 2019
After a tumultuous 18 months, Kerry is at a crossroads on what it will be. Transparency from leadership is lacking and the company cannot decide on a vision as evidenced by the upheaval.
Pros
Flexibility with regard to remote working
Cons
No career pathing
It's a very big comany
RD&A SENIOR SCIENTIST (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI8 April 2019
Kerry is a very large company. You get a lot of exposure to many different things, and the day-to-day work is varied, and enjoyable. The people you work directly with are friendly and caring. But the internal chaos is very high. There is not a unified way-of-working among the business units, which will change how customers interact with different parts of the business. They largely only grow through acquisition, which much less emphasis placed on organic growth. This means a lot of profit that could be used in upgrading plant capacity or facilities to really be "best in class" is instead focused on bringing in new technologies. In the end, even though you work hard, a lot of the times you're just a number. Best advice, to be successful, you have to have a vision for yourself, and be your best advocate.
Pros
Yoga classes, friendly people
Cons
High turnover, beauracracy
Continuously changing keeps the job fresh and exciting
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI8 April 2019
Opportunities at Kerry are plentiful. It is a great place to work if you want to experience multi facets of your job description and move throughout the organization.
Empresa sem cultura, cada planta é de um jeito
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Barueri, SP5 April 2019
Cresce por aquisição e com isso tem grande dificuldade em estabelecer uma cultura.
kool,laid back workplace
Room blending operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WI2 April 2019
good job to work at for sure, not to much i can say, very good co-workers, upper management has a great open door policy, i have only good things to say about kerry as a company
Overbearing management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI27 March 2019
Lots of new higher management with a different way of doing business. Has no tolerance for how things were done before, to the point of belittlement. If you newly came from a specific company you are golden, trying to recreate that company at Kerry.
Awful place
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, IA19 March 2019
The turn over is horrible, no training, no improvement programs, and porr management that wants to blame hourly employee's. I would never suggest anyone tries to work here.
I liked the people I worked with
FORK LIF (Former Employee) –  Gridley, IL13 March 2019
I learned how to drive a forklift and a little of the shipping and receiving. We got a new supervisor the year in a half I was there and she didn't know much about supervising or the type of work that she was supervising over.
Overall, a good place to work
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Gridley, IL4 March 2019
The company takes care of its workers, with good pay and benefits. Management was not the best, as they did not see the big picture. They were not always aware of what was happening on the floor, either.
Overall work experience that carries
General Laborer/ foreman (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI2 March 2019
Overall work experience that Kerry is good. The lower manager team is very good to the employees and they try their best not to make them work over but due to the people, men are laying out they still have a business to run. I will still be working there wasn’t one closing the doors on February 20, 2019 and put me in a place where I have to look for new work if there were still open I will still be working at Kerry foods
Pros
Good management staff and easily to talk to them on a daily day there at work
Cons
Other employees laying out on whatever they feel they need to
Great place to get into!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MN1 March 2019
I truly enjoy fixing machinery and equipment. The job is pretty straight forward with a lot of material to support repairs when there isn't direct knowledge available. Management will listen to concerns and complaints, but don't seem to do much about them. Most of direct management seem to have a hands off approach to supporting the employees.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, decent work/life balance and nice people to work with.
Cons
Very little action from direct management with regards to issues raised.
Unique and global project
Process Manufacturing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Luxembourg26 February 2019
During my experience in Kerry, I had the opportunity to travel in many countries globally to meet the project requirements. I met impressive people, but also came across cultural differences. This helped me to grow my communicational skills, as the major part of my job was to communicate with these people, in order to extract valuable information. Additionally, the project was quite intense, with very strict deadlines and time limitations, including traveling time, which required both attention to detail as well as critical thinking in order to maintain the big picture. Time and project management, organizational skills, communication and hard work under pressure were part of every day activities. Overall, I would say that I had the chance to be involved in a unique global project, and this helped me grow professionally and personally.
Poste évolutif
COMPTABLE CLIENTS (Former Employee) –  Villeneuve-d'Ascq (59)25 February 2019
Les missions du poste ont évolué au fur et à mesure, plus de responsabilités.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KERRY. Our community is ready to answer.