KIDSTUFF
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KIDSTUFF Employee Reviews

Management are really nice and it was a great fast paced workplace. Clean store. I got to work the Christmas causal, most thing i loved about it was that i love Christmas time, and i got the pleasure to work in an awesome Kids store .
One of my favourite jobs, Christmas is mad but the people I worked with and the shops vibe was fun to work at. Merchandising galore and laybys. Get good at gift-wrapping.
Really enjoyed working here would have been nice to get more hours, it was an inclusive and fun environment ensured that everyone was able to seek help.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not many hours for casual
Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. Management could be better. Very quite workplace and was constantly sent home early. Not much room to grow. Only enjoyable part of the job was the other staff.
i learn how to operate the till the enveiroment was amazing i love working with chridren so it was great to work in a chrid stort to help parents forfill chrstmas wishlists
No support or communication from upper management. Heard UM talk about my team as if they were nothing . They take no responsibility for their mistakes so they point the finger at others 30 min lunch , rarely had tea breaks as they only run on skeleton staff No team member support after dealing with high stress situation. Expect alot but offer so.litylev
Pros
Working in positive team and bring able to bring out your inner child
Cons
Low pay, even lower staff discounts, no growth within the company, llack of communication
Kidstuff was a great place to start work experience. Very convenient and flexible hours combined with good colleagues and managers meant an enjoyable, if brief experience.
Working as a casual for Kidstuff has been an eye opener. Good customer service goes a long way at Kidstuff. Most employees are young adults looking to gain experience whilst studying or establishing a new career. For those who are looking for a desk job. This is not the job for you! A typical day at work will involve merchandising and assisting customers to find their ideal gift or product. I learned that you sometimes need to go out of your way to please a customer (eg. carefully opening packaging just so that they can see how the product works.) Management can be frantic especially during stocktake. Don't be surprised to experience being micro-managed from time to time. The workplace culture is usually encouraging as long as you are on time with your shifts. The hardest part of the job is carrying heavy loads and climbing ladders. The most enjoyable part is helping customers find the perfect purchase and making them happy!
Pros
Discounts on purchases at Kidstuff
Cons
Parking
Management sucks, communication sucks, there s nothing good about this company, communication of staff to staff is not clear. It's like high school and people only cover their own butts
Pros
There are none
Cons
Management that you with sucks, nothing worse than a boss that screams at you
Great place to work in terms of gaining friends and meeting new people. met some of the kindest co-workers here. However this was overshadowed by a seemingly unwillingness or lack of organisation that ran through the management. In my personal experience, I wasn't trained properly and was thrown straight in the deep end, which fared decent for me because I did have past retail experience. This however would not be ideal for someone who is employed here as the first retail role.
Pros
great hours, friendly people
Cons
general organisation
In this job, I learnt many things. I learnt that it is important to sustain healthy relationships with all your co-workers and always be professional about everything. It is a necessity to always be on the ball about everything, and that will reinforce a better work-life for you in the end. Nobody enjoys working, but it's a part of life and something we all have to do so you might as well do it right and work hard. If you're confident about your work, you're confident about yourself.
Pros
Getting into a healthy constant habit of working.
Cons
Coming in frequently on short notice.
The employer offers good opportunities for young staff and has a good culture although this is sometimes overshadowed by 'profit' considerations. Lower management is enthusiastic and staff are keen despite a corporate attitude which seems to exist in upper management. the only serious problem is a "storeroom mentality" which means the stores are cluttered and time is wasted restocking; an improvement would be to simply eliminate storerooms in favour of increased shop floorspace. Overall a good place to work especially for those who have a positive outlook for customer satisfaction and who enjoy excited children.
Pros
Playing with the toys
Cons
High expectations within an unpredictable sales environment.
They will chew you up and spit you out the minute you resign or question work stndards.The companies integrity goes out the window when ot comes to safety or any HR related matter. They have no staff respect and expect you to complete maximum work with little breaks.
Pros
Customers are the best part
Cons
Minimium breaks, no toilet breaks and no head office supporf
Minimum hours offered, difficult/demanding customers, award pay rate and penalties, minimum required breaks, high performance standards monitored by head office, most staff are really friendly an easy to work with, i personally had a great experience with the managers i worked with.
Pros
flexibility, range of skills learnt
Cons
limited shifts available
Great work place .set targets golds & I am sales focused who can work on my own or in a team environment. I am able to communicate with all people and enjoying working with the public. I am very reliable and honest. I have good phone manner and able to complete tasks.
Pros
Lunch 30 minutes
Cons
4 hours a day
No to days at kidstuff are ever the same its is an exciting place to work filled with excellent customer service and happy little faces everywhere.