KIDSTUFF
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KIDSTUFF Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate5 reviews
Australia5 reviews
Really enjoyed working here would have been nice to get more hours, it was an inclusive and fun environment ensured that everyone was able to seek help.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not many hours for casual
Working as a casual for Kidstuff has been an eye opener.
Good customer service goes a long way at Kidstuff. Most employees are young adults looking to gain experience whilst studying or establishing a new career. For those who are looking for a desk job. This is not the job for you!

A typical day at work will involve merchandising and assisting customers to find their ideal gift or product. I learned that you sometimes need to go out of your way to please a customer (eg. carefully opening packaging just so that they can see how the product works.) Management can be frantic especially during stocktake. Don't be surprised to experience being micro-managed from time to time. The workplace culture is usually encouraging as long as you are on time with your shifts. The hardest part of the job is carrying heavy loads and climbing ladders. The most enjoyable part is helping customers find the perfect purchase and making them happy!
Pros
Discounts on purchases at Kidstuff
Cons
Parking
Management sucks, communication sucks, there s nothing good about this company, communication of staff to staff is not clear. It's like high school and people only cover their own butts
Pros
There are none
Cons
Management that you with sucks, nothing worse than a boss that screams at you
Minimum hours offered, difficult/demanding customers, award pay rate and penalties, minimum required breaks, high performance standards monitored by head office, most staff are really friendly an easy to work with, i personally had a great experience with the managers i worked with.
Pros
flexibility, range of skills learnt
Cons
limited shifts available
Great work place .set targets golds & I am sales focused who can work on my own or in a team environment. I am able to communicate with all people and enjoying working with the public. I am very reliable and honest. I have good phone manner and able to complete tasks.
Pros
Lunch 30 minutes
Cons
4 hours a day
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KIDSTUFF?