KIDSTUFF
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KIDSTUFF Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant6 reviews
Australia6 reviews
Management are really nice and it was a great fast paced workplace. Clean store. I got to work the Christmas causal, most thing i loved about it was that i love Christmas time, and i got the pleasure to work in an awesome Kids store .
One of my favourite jobs, Christmas is mad but the people I worked with and the shops vibe was fun to work at.
Merchandising galore and laybys. Get good at gift-wrapping.
Great place to work in terms of gaining friends and meeting new people. met some of the kindest co-workers here. However this was overshadowed by a seemingly unwillingness or lack of organisation that ran through the management. In my personal experience, I wasn't trained properly and was thrown straight in the deep end, which fared decent for me because I did have past retail experience. This however would not be ideal for someone who is employed here as the first retail role.
Pros
great hours, friendly people
Cons
general organisation
The employer offers good opportunities for young staff and has a good culture although this is sometimes overshadowed by 'profit' considerations. Lower management is enthusiastic and staff are keen despite a corporate attitude which seems to exist in upper management. the only serious problem is a "storeroom mentality" which means the stores are cluttered and time is wasted restocking; an improvement would be to simply eliminate storerooms in favour of increased shop floorspace. Overall a good place to work especially for those who have a positive outlook for customer satisfaction and who enjoy excited children.
Pros
Playing with the toys
Cons
High expectations within an unpredictable sales environment.
They will chew you up and spit you out the minute you resign or question work stndards.The companies integrity goes out the window when ot comes to safety or any HR related matter.

They have no staff respect and expect you to complete maximum work with little breaks.
Pros
Customers are the best part
Cons
Minimium breaks, no toilet breaks and no head office supporf
No to days at kidstuff are ever the same its is an exciting place to work filled with excellent customer service and happy little faces everywhere.