Kilcoy Pastoral Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kilcoy Pastoral Company Employee Reviews

Very great place to work and gain certain kind of experience or work long time depending on how ambitious you are. Pay is good and there are opportunities to diversify and try other departments as long as you are willing to work.
The work is extremely taxing on the body but the relationships you are able to build with different ethnic people is an extreme highlight. The politics of the company are a tough one and the management is sketchy. A supervisor was let go due to harassment but was rehired 12 months later- putting a lot of the women who had filed the complaint in a state of disparity. The elder workers who had been the most loyal are stood down indefinitely with no reason as to why or when or if they are able to return. The harassment is disappointing. And I’m not just focusing on the men. The women are also just as much perpetrators. But if your looking for the place where affairs are acceptable then you’ve found your job sight.
Pros
The job culture and money
Cons
The hard working hours and unappreciative management
Fast and repetitive hard work, paid peanuts and treated poorly. Management have no clue... only bark orders from the comfort of the office.. Also to many chiefs not enough Indians.
Pros
The co-workers, all try make the most of it.
Cons
The company is the con... paid peanuts
I worked in a kilcoy meat factory process, for a several month and I have experienced. This industry is very rewarding for hard working,sacrificing time and family to earn money.
Many various culture people working in that company. Korean, Phillipino, Taiwan, Aussie, Chinese, African, We tried to talk in English, and close to people each other Aussie people are always tried to treat other culture people kindly The supervisor has alway smile and Took care another co-worker
Terrible management skills, terrible company to work for in general! Management has no idea what they are doing ! Pays are shocking and no where near what you should be receiving!
learned lots of different roles mostly enjoyable place to work hrs are long 10+ long driving distance pays very well good management very understanding and are willing to help as much as they can in any situation
Pros
having a tab for lunch
Cons
10+ hrs
long hours twelve to thirteen hours most days, pay was very good for what you did and mangeent were pretty relaxed as long as you got your work done onn time.
its OK working there but sometimes they're not fair. specially if workers are sick H.R wanted them to go to work and prove them they're sick. but some supervisor and managers are good
its hard work but pays good. there is progression no tolls driving to work 4days on and 4 days off and can do extras if I wanna making lots of friends cuz people are nice the bosses even no me name
Pros
roster
Cons
offal
Kilcoy Pastoral Company is an excellent company which is well know for its pure Angus meat production. They provide great customer service and look after their employees explicitly.
Pros
Stable work with rewarding salary.
Cons
Long hours, intense repetitive work.
KPC. Was a good work place It was safe and healthy work place and everyone knew each other and got along well All jobs got done properly and with out any dramas and when there was problems they where dealt with in the right way and quickly and it prevented more issues
Great work / Life balance, well paid, but work is hard. Excellent people to work for and work with. Opportunity to progress for those that are patient and looking for career paths.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not too many
KPC is hard work but with a good roster of 4 days on 4 days off I can rest up or spend time with the kids. I can also do extra days when the bills come in. The works hard but I can do a few more jobs now want to try and learn all of them if i can. The guys I work with a real good people and i like seeing them everyday.
Pros
money is good
Cons
10hour shifts can sometimes be long
good place to work if you have a 457 visa. If you stick up for yourself they do not like you. Most enjoyable part are the people you work with. I would not recommend to work there if you have the hot weather
i id not enjoy my time working for Kilcoy Pastoral Company as their was no chance of career advancement and unfair treatment of long serving employees
Pros
roster was good
Cons
management
I do not like working here. I wanted a change from mechanics, but i miss it. Working here is not for me. I push hot sides of beef all day for approx 10 to 12 hours per day. I have applied for a leading hand position but was unsucessful. I wasnt informed why.
Pace is too hectic. Core management are only people with job security, everyone else is expendable. Shifts are all 12 hours. The hardest part of the job is all of it all of the time. Only work here if you can't find work elsewhere, you won't be here long unless you are the type who would enjoy working in a prison rock breaking gang.
Pros
wages are generous
Cons
You will age two days for every one day of work
run buy a bunch of sticks who think they are better than everyone els and have double standards and they make it really hard on australians to work there reall good work but not the right ppl running it
Good stable job, good paying. Location not a problem if you'd like a move to small country town otherwise a lot of traveling involved on a dangerous highway if you live on the coast closer to more populated areas.
I started working here from 2005- 2012 it was a good fun place to work everyone was nice and friendly