KinCare Employee Reviews

Staff are not listened to, Rostering system is terrible
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tasmania11 April 2018
The clients are lovely and it's always a pleasure to help them but unfortunately the company does not care about their Home Care Workers leaving big gaps between shift's so they don't have to pay travel, Taking shifts away and leaving you with an hours work a day, The current rostering system is a joke and not working at all, management do not seem to care, client's preferences for a couple of regular home care workers to attend their services is ignored and most times clients are not even told who is coming or what time which makes it hard for them when they have appointments to attend.Kincare promises a lot but rarely delivers and lets staff and clients down on a regular basis.
Pros
The clients are lovely and it's great to be able to help them
Cons
Terrible rostering system, big gaps between shifts, management don't care.
Scheduling biases and poor company to work with
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 January 2018
Kincare have lovely clients who are all very nice but the problem is there are only minimum shift in this company sometimes you can get up to 9hrs a week shift. If you are looking for a stable job that can sustain your financial needs then dont this is not probably the right company for you. There are no proper support for staff in the field specially on a weekend when after call sometimes do not answer important calls. Clients do mot have a regular time for care and as they say they dont bother calling the office to know as no one answers their call. There is bias in the scheduling as other support workers get as much as 30hrs a week while others can only have 9hrs. You soenf more time in driving sometimes you have to drive 40kms away from your house to work for a 30mins shift and of course they wont pay for the gas as you only have 1 client.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Very low working hours sometimes a max of 9hrs a week.
Employee (Former Employee) –  South Australia23 January 2018
Require right people for right roles.

Currently inadequate.

Cost - Frustrated employees, services provided are inadequate.

Would I recommend to family - most definitely not.

Huge culture change required.
great customers
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Medowie NSW22 January 2018
arrive at customers house, fine out what had happen since I was there last. and start doing there house work or take them to the shops or do there personal care.
Pros
great customers
Cons
not anther money
Very good
Disiablity Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Taperoo SA23 October 2017
Nice and healthy environment for job. I was more then one year and I am very happy to their job environment. Management and other colleague very helpful.
They look staff well
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS21 October 2017
I have only beem with Kincare for short time and have found that they really do care about their staff and clients
Am very happy with the level of professionalism
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lots of travelling
No support for workers
Home care worker (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT17 August 2017
I think it's lacking support for workers. No flexibility, very short time between the clients. You spending more time driving then working. Rostering need to be seriously review. Some people doing rosters very unfriendly, I tried to avoid communicating with them. Management is quite good.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Rosters just do not make sense, to difficult to reach office
Great job to work in the Community with Clients and very rewarding.
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS19 July 2017
Great Business KinCare in the North of Tasmania.
Clients were all absolutely lovely and a pleasure to work for in my 2years with KinCare.
I loved my job with Clients but sometimes rostering system was not always great with big gaps of 2 hrs or not always knowing how many hours for the day you would get. Generally and mostly though I felt most looked after if sick or need of time off.
Pros
Feeling rewarded in my job.
Cons
Hours changing without much notice
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD28 May 2017
Kincare is a wonderful place to work. They look after their clients and offer them a service that comprises of really lovely carers and nurses. It is a good business.
Pros
You can choose your availability
Cons
Not enough hours
Provide domestic assistance to the elderly
Community Care Assistant in aged care (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 May 2017
Provide respite support for the elderly clients
Take them to their appointments or help them do their shopping
Engage in conversation with the elderly clients
Complete domestic household task
Pros
we get paid for the amount of kilometres that we use
Cons
racist clients
Good
Transport assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 April 2017
Very good work place, well managed, direction, diversity and safe work place. pity only casual position are available.
Good work culture, very rewarding and pleasant scheduler.
Pros
Good pays, good people
Cons
Casual
Support worker
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hills District NSWp15 February 2017
Loved working here, girls where amazing carers, would love another position like this role, flexible and great people.
Great place to work for. Having one on one with my clients is the best part of my day.
Home care worker (Current Employee) –  Deakin ACT10 January 2017
A day at work can bring laughter and joy. It can also bring sadness and tears. I have learnt that caring for other people can help them continue on living there lives happy and stress free. Management is a tough one as they are trying to help everyone at once.They try to help each and everyone of us. As well as keeping clients happy. Co workers are great, we all do our best to help the clients and to inform the worker about any concerns and what they have done. There is really no hard parts except when leaving a client alone and knowing they have no family or friends to come visit. Enjoyable part is giving the client the opportunity to live in there own homes and seeing a smile on there face when leaving them.
Pros
free training
Cons
long days
Great company to work with
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS6 November 2016
Great company to work with love the clients still get your family time as well. Looking after the clients as social support taking them out shopping a coffee. Cleaning the clients houses giving them independent also
I just want to be in a happy place
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deakin West ACT11 August 2016
I just want to be in a work place with great team work excellent communication skills and awsome co workers. Family friendly. Work family and life are very important to me.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Long hours underpaid work
Great clients to work with
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD15 July 2016
Working at KinCare was overall a good experience. Whilst I did not have the working hours I desired, working with the clients was the best part. They were all so friendly and happy to work with.
Made some great friends whilst working there.
Management was OK at times.
My reporting supervisor was good. She would listen to any concerns I had.
productive and great team of people
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 June 2016
My typical day at work is getting up at 6am to think about my day and organize myself. then i go to my first clients house say good morning and ask how they are. In my job Ive learned to pace myself more and not rush and drive fast to get to a client accidents happen.
Ive learned how people are effected in our community by not seeing anyone eg family ,friends, neighbors . they feel isolated because they don't drive anymore.and love to see there support workers. my co-workers are nice people although we don't see each other very often as we work alone one on one with our clients.the hardest part of our job is when a client passes away that you have seen for a long time . the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have company support a click away and other staff to ring if I need them, the clients and there families are great and we meet up with them sometimes at the clients house. It makes me happy to see clients faces light up when I sometimes turn up with a coffee for them ( which is aloud now and then by kincare ).
Pros
On going education, staff meet ups and essentives along the way
Cons
Not enough work
Poor company to work for
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 May 2016
No respect for clients or staff, no support for staff out in the field, negative environment to work in.

Bullying not identified or handled by management and is rife through the office. If you call in sick, some of the office staff talk in a negative way about you. If clients call in to complain or change an appointment some of the staff complain because they have to make changes to the clients appointments and find field staff to cover.

Sadly, the management in Sydney may not be aware of what is currently going on despite attempts to bring the issues to their attention.
Pros
Cons
No support
Good and fun workplace
Home care worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 April 2016
Excellent organization, where you can learn and improve your skills. My typical day is busy and always I can learn new things everyday
I am think they have good managements and supervisors.
I really enjoy my job everyday
Pros
km payment
Cons
long hours driving
Great Job
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Whyalla, SA2 November 2015
Great Job to work at, I did night shifts caring for patients and administrating medicine when required. It was located in Whyalla, and I left Whyalla to move to Naracoorte and had to leave this job behind.
Pros
Good team, good people and patients.
Cons
Overnight, casual.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinCare. Our community is ready to answer.