KinCare Employee Reviews

Not great
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  NSW29 March 2019
Do not take a job here unless it is a temp role as you will be able to escape.

The management and above are not interested in the care of others except for the money they receive for it.
Do not apply with WA office
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth North21 October 2018
Worst company stay away !!

Pay is always incorrect
No support
Clients never happy with company
No communication
Roster never flowing
Training is irrelevant of job
Pros
Clients
Cons
All of the above
No communication and lack or care
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mid North Coast NSW26 August 2018
Lack of communication. Management and other office staff do not respond to requests or enquiries regarding client issues or scheduling. An attitude of if I ignore it for long enough it will go away.

Scheduling is atrocious - no idea of locations, time to travel etc. Some scheduling staff are rude and with biases towards some workers (ie some workers are complaining about too many hours and others have nowhere near enough hours to make it a worthwhile job).

Lack of empathy for clients or workers.

Clients' biggest gripe is that they are not notified of a change of worker or time.

They do not walk the walk and it seems that nobody is held accountable.

The company has grown too quickly and they have lost focus on their clients.
Pros
Beautiful clients who deserve better
Cons
Nil responsibility regards workers and customers
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 August 2018
A typical day at work involves navigating unsafe work conditions, inefficient schedule logistics, incompetent implementation of policy, disrespectful team members including management and other workers, unpleasant gossip and inconsiderate policies including travelling long distances and unreasonable demands.
Pros
distance from management and other workers
Cons
Unpleasant and contentious environment
Lost sight of what is important
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 August 2018
Management has lost track of what the business should be about - Providing excellent customer service and supporting employees. Cost cutting has created huge workloads for Care Managers, Schedulers and office staff with no support or assitance from management.

Promises are consistently made but never kept.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management, workload
Staff are not listened to, Rostering system is terrible
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tasmania11 April 2018
The clients are lovely and it's always a pleasure to help them but unfortunately the company does not care about their Home Care Workers leaving big gaps between shift's so they don't have to pay travel, Taking shifts away and leaving you with an hours work a day, The current rostering system is a joke and not working at all, management do not seem to care, client's preferences for a couple of regular home care workers to attend their services is ignored and most times clients are not even told who is coming or what time which makes it hard for them when they have appointments to attend.Kincare promises a lot but rarely delivers and lets staff and clients down on a regular basis.
Pros
The clients are lovely and it's great to be able to help them
Cons
Terrible rostering system, big gaps between shifts, management don't care.
Scheduling biases and poor company to work with
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 January 2018
Kincare have lovely clients who are all very nice but the problem is there are only minimum shift in this company sometimes you can get up to 9hrs a week shift. If you are looking for a stable job that can sustain your financial needs then dont this is not probably the right company for you. There are no proper support for staff in the field specially on a weekend when after call sometimes do not answer important calls. Clients do mot have a regular time for care and as they say they dont bother calling the office to know as no one answers their call. There is bias in the scheduling as other support workers get as much as 30hrs a week while others can only have 9hrs. You soenf more time in driving sometimes you have to drive 40kms away from your house to work for a 30mins shift and of course they wont pay for the gas as you only have 1 client.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Very low working hours sometimes a max of 9hrs a week.
Employee (Former Employee) –  South Australia23 January 2018
Require right people for right roles.

Currently inadequate.

Cost - Frustrated employees, services provided are inadequate.

Would I recommend to family - most definitely not.

Huge culture change required.
great customers
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Medowie NSW22 January 2018
arrive at customers house, fine out what had happen since I was there last. and start doing there house work or take them to the shops or do there personal care.
Pros
great customers
Cons
not anther money
Very good
Disiablity Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Taperoo SA23 October 2017
Nice and healthy environment for job. I was more then one year and I am very happy to their job environment. Management and other colleague very helpful.
They look staff well
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS21 October 2017
I have only beem with Kincare for short time and have found that they really do care about their staff and clients
Am very happy with the level of professionalism
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lots of travelling
No support for workers
Home care worker (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT17 August 2017
I think it's lacking support for workers. No flexibility, very short time between the clients. You spending more time driving then working. Rostering need to be seriously review. Some people doing rosters very unfriendly, I tried to avoid communicating with them. Management is quite good.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Rosters just do not make sense, to difficult to reach office
Great job to work in the Community with Clients and very rewarding.
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS19 July 2017
Great Business KinCare in the North of Tasmania.
Clients were all absolutely lovely and a pleasure to work for in my 2years with KinCare.
I loved my job with Clients but sometimes rostering system was not always great with big gaps of 2 hrs or not always knowing how many hours for the day you would get. Generally and mostly though I felt most looked after if sick or need of time off.
Pros
Feeling rewarded in my job.
Cons
Hours changing without much notice
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD28 May 2017
Kincare is a wonderful place to work. They look after their clients and offer them a service that comprises of really lovely carers and nurses. It is a good business.
Pros
You can choose your availability
Cons
Not enough hours
Provide domestic assistance to the elderly
Community Care Assistant in aged care (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 May 2017
Provide respite support for the elderly clients
Take them to their appointments or help them do their shopping
Engage in conversation with the elderly clients
Complete domestic household task
Pros
we get paid for the amount of kilometres that we use
Cons
racist clients
Good
Transport assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 April 2017
Very good work place, well managed, direction, diversity and safe work place. pity only casual position are available.
Good work culture, very rewarding and pleasant scheduler.
Pros
Good pays, good people
Cons
Casual
Support worker
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hills District NSWp15 February 2017
Loved working here, girls where amazing carers, would love another position like this role, flexible and great people.
Great place to work for. Having one on one with my clients is the best part of my day.
Home care worker (Current Employee) –  Deakin ACT10 January 2017
A day at work can bring laughter and joy. It can also bring sadness and tears. I have learnt that caring for other people can help them continue on living there lives happy and stress free. Management is a tough one as they are trying to help everyone at once.They try to help each and everyone of us. As well as keeping clients happy. Co workers are great, we all do our best to help the clients and to inform the worker about any concerns and what they have done. There is really no hard parts except when leaving a client alone and knowing they have no family or friends to come visit. Enjoyable part is giving the client the opportunity to live in there own homes and seeing a smile on there face when leaving them.
Pros
free training
Cons
long days
Great company to work with
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS6 November 2016
Great company to work with love the clients still get your family time as well. Looking after the clients as social support taking them out shopping a coffee. Cleaning the clients houses giving them independent also
I just want to be in a happy place
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deakin West ACT11 August 2016
I just want to be in a work place with great team work excellent communication skills and awsome co workers. Family friendly. Work family and life are very important to me.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Long hours underpaid work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinCare. Our community is ready to answer.