KinCare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KinCare Employee Reviews

Australia54 reviews
Lacking communication
My experience with KinCare - management was poor. Lack of support to both the client and the care worker. Minimal ongoing training provided. Paid well, including travel time.
Disorganized management, stressful
Very unorganized management, favoritism between management and support workers, overloaded with work with no breaks in the day. Workers live on gossip and chinese whispers
Work
A good place to work
Lovely clients, good work mates and good bosses

Money is reasonable and they allow flexibility in the job which is great

I love the uniform too 😊
Not happy with the management
Company doesn't care about their employees . Not happy with management and the salary they give to their workers. Very much underpaid and not enough hours .
Don’t go there!!!!! Not paid enough
Team leaders are overrated, no support , H R , no help pay is not good heaps of kms put on car and you always have to check your pay as always wrong and than have to wait fortnight to get back pay after chasing it up with your team leader , and good luck getting on to her !!!!!
Fun people to work with
Kincare is a fun work space to be in with supporting people, always growing and learning. Flexible on how you can work and always willing to help make improvements
Pros
Wfm
Good team environment. Management is really helpful. Kincare is improving.
I have worked here for just a short time but I am pretty pleased with the work environment so far. Our NCC team in particular is fun and helpful. Being new and feeling lost at times I always had someone willing and ready to help out. I have been encouraged by many here to ask for help when I need it. There are a few frustrations with clients, the field staff, as well as with Kincare the company but nothing too stressful so far. Kincare obviously still has a few kinks to workout but it sounds like they have made a lot of progress in recent years and we have regular team meetings where open discussion is encouraged and we are allow to speak freely of any issues or concerns we may have. Love that we get stretching breaks throughout the day and that the managers lead!
Top Heavy Management
Very high work load and less pay. Focus is on profit and not on people. Management conflicts and politics affect the frontline staff. Nice location and working conditions though. Good training.
Pros
Nice working conditions.
Cons
Management conflicts and politics affect the morale of staff.
Kin Care will for ever be the best company that I enjoyed working for in Australia. I am sad that I have to say goodbye to Kin care.
One of the best company I have worked for. It’s so relaxed and u r ur own boss.(clients r ur boss).best part is knowing that u r gonna make a difference by just caring and smiling with ur clients .loved my team leaders and some rostering teams. It can be painful to deal with rostering team sometimes but their job is stressful so I understand.
It's community work
The company really look after their employees ...They supply uniforms,gloves, hand sanitizer.
Unfortunately for me lots of driving for minimal hours in the community
It was a good Company
Little chance of advancememt but the clients were mostly lovely the staff were nice and the uniform was especially good was a shame w hen they hired new staff as hours would drop dramatically
Okay
I was a employee for 6 months there and I can say I did like the job it was the management who say they will support you but don’t. They pick on you for the littlest things it’s ridiculous.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad management
Appalling company
I am a previous employee, I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy! The management are lazy and uncaring and extremely unprofessional. One of the managers spends more time at home than she does in the office actually doing her job. The pay is ridiculous and they don't pay for all the travel required. They don't accommodate for their workers and won't give their workers the number of hours they are contacted for. This would have to be the worst company possible in the aged care sector, stay away from them it totally isn't worth it
Pros
Elderly customers are lovely
Cons
Poor management, bad hours, bad pay, unreliable work
Good company to work for
Provide great services to home bound clientele, good company to work for, good staff support, friendly and caring environment.
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping the clients
Very impressive
Work as a carer with disabilities.I very realiable.And flexibility.I love my job and like to care people.We work as good team.I am feeling confident with work.
Enjoyable and rewarding job
I worked at KinCare for just under 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed working here. There were struggles along the way but we all worked hard and were recognised and rewarded for the efforts. KinCare WA is fortunate enough to have a great team who are knowledgeable and passionate about the industry.

I had some issues towards the end of my employment here but reflect positively and am thankful for the learning opportunities and advice I have received along the way.
Pros
Flexibility. Great team
Cons
Staff turnover
No more to say. I was only there 6 months. I did feel that there was a lot of pressure on rostering staff. I wish I could get a job back there. I had a great time working there. Although with my self opinion I did feel I didn’t fit in all the time but I think that’s just me.
Pros
Great culture. Excellent location
Long travel distances
This company sends you on long travel distances I worked for them for over 12 months I travelled around 600 km a FN unpaid they will not pay any travel time or Km if there is over an hour between clients
They don’t pay anything to your first or last client so most of the time my first client was over 50 km away then you

work in that area then unpaid all the way home do this every day it’s around 1000 km unpaid

a FN scheduling did not care how far they sent you I complained often , sometimes I’d have 2 hour gaps in between clients so I’d have to wait around , $21.50 was not enough money to do this kind of work , lots of cleaning involved , never seen any other workers , half the time u could not contact management or they never returned your calls , glad to be out

If ur thinking of working for Kincare. Think long and hard it’s not worth it in the end
Pros
Clients are lovely
Cons
Long travel distances unpaid
A great place to work
A great place to work, with exceptional leadership and friendly co-workers. A really great culture where people work in collaboration with each other and always willing to support one another. Feel rewarded and challenged every day. Fantastic benefits, flexibility and opportunities for career progression with the support of your co-workers and leaders.
Not great
Do not take a job here unless it is a temp role as you will be able to escape.

The management and above are not interested in the care of others except for the money they receive for it.
Do not apply with WA office
Worst company stay away !!

Pay is always incorrect

No support

Clients never happy with company

No communication

Roster never flowing

Training is irrelevant of job
Pros
Clients
Cons
All of the above