King's College Employee Reviews

Bad Environment, Unprofessional Management
Barista (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 September 2019
Worst experience I've ever had in London working as barista.
Colleagues very unprofessional, service very poor and no standards to follow.
Very often I had customers complaining about the quality of food that I reported several time to my Management, and nothing changed and has been done to improve.
productive and motivating workplace
Postdoctoral Associated Researcher Modern Moves (Former Employee) –  London3 September 2019
It is a productive and motivating workplace very inspiring. the working group as great, library is excellent, colleagues are very collaborative and I would be happy to go back
Productive work environment
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA10 June 2019
During my time working as a peer tutor for King's College, I would be matched with a tutee and they would inform me in what they needed help with. I would then create lesson plans and teach students the fundamentals of accounting and management.
Didn't listen to employees
CAREER SERVICES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  North Carolina17 May 2019
It is imperative to listen to proven experience in order to be successful. King's failed in several ways, mostly by not having the best interest of students at heart. Also, staff would be hired, told one thing, given one expectation and then the script flipped. Bad choices lead to the school closing.
Relaxing time spent with good people; allowed to study or do homework during free time
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA16 May 2019
The post office is very slow paced, it is used for federal work study or can be for out of pocket spending. Allowed to study or do homework during free time for classes
Good things to say, nothing else
Temp (Former Employee) –  London15 April 2019
Good things to say, nothing else. Nice environment and great people to work with. Perfect for any student to experience work environment while attending school
good superviory staff in the department
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA8 April 2019
King's College provides a small campus, family-like, pleasant atmosphere for its students and staff alike. It prides itself in high academic standards and one-on-one attention to all students.
Productive environment where coaches want to succeed and have their student athletes perform at the best of their abilities
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA7 January 2019
Great management .
Athletic director is great.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to mentor student athletes both on and off the field.
Great student jobs
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London2 November 2018
With a fair living wage, and enjoyable working environment, Great job for students. Flexible work and temp positions available. Perfect for students at KCL.
No oportunity
Program Manager/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC11 September 2018
The college will be closing December 21, 2018. There is nothing to offer. I worked there for 18 years. There will not be any new hiring opportunities at the college.
a college dedicated to its mission
Assistant Dean of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA16 August 2018
At King's a phrase that could often be heard "we teach our students not only how to make a living but also how to live." This was obvious in the day to day interaction with faculty, students and administration. The college was welcoming and inclusive and constantly adjusting to the changing workplace by updating curriculum, technology adding experienced faculty and constant mentoring. A fast paced work place in a market that had several colleges "that looked like King's" made the recruitment of students ever more challenging.
Pros
great spirit on campus
Cons
not inclined to promote from within
Staff is wonderful to work with.
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA19 June 2018
King's College is a great community who is willing to work with one another. I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to work on a college campus.
Awesome Place to Work
Phonathon Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA30 May 2018
Being a Phonathon caller at King's College was amazing because we worked relatively small amounts but received so much in return. Besides being compensated, we learned communication and problem solving skills in a controlled and friendly environment. This really helped me open up and become more comfortable with talking on the phone and talking to strangers.
Pros
Free Food
Professional place
Spanish teacher (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
I really very happy to work for King's , I would like to have more courses with them because to teach to Kin's students is good fun and I learn a lot .
Fun environment with great opportunities for experience
Social Media and Promotions Director (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA29 April 2018
A typical day at the radio station would consist of putting together a one hour radio show, a news story and a video promotion for our social media pages. In my experience I have learned how to work better as a team and also individually. I am able to manage my time better and know more about the programs/technology. WRKC is a relaxed, comfortable environment to work in with band posters covering the walls and records stashed in the back room. The hardest part of my job is getting everything done. Although our station is a college radio station there is always a lot to do; someone always needs help. The most enjoyable part of the job, though, would be the same thing. The work might be hard but i find it rewarding to work together on something you care about to get it all done.
Pros
Scholarship, Experience
Cons
Heavy work load
Pagan a tiempo pero una alta carga de trabajo
Assistant Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire24 April 2018
La carga de trabajo es muy alta.
La gestión del trabajo podría mejorarse.
Being a lab aide is great
Student Lab Aide (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA16 April 2018
it gives you go work experience. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I love working here. Helping the new students is exciting and keeps you on your toes.
Summary
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA5 April 2018
King's is a great place to work with excellent education benefits if you have children. The inflexibility in hours, though, is very challenging for those of us who have families to tend to.
Great Experience
Approved Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA26 February 2018
This was a very rewarding position. The management was excellent and very supportive and the students I worked with were very knowledgeable and professions. It was a pleasure to work with the students and guide them toward their profession.
King's College
Office of Career Planning, Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA6 February 2018
What an exceptional place to work! My role is temporary, but the work life balance is amazing. My co-workers were more than willing to collaborate on projects with me and assist when I needed help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at King's College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2