Kingfisher Bay Resort Employee Reviews

Made a home
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fraser Island QLD23 September 2017
Management was to chaotic no one was in a higher position long enough to make any real changes.
But loved my living and the family and culture of the island
It Could be a wonderful business to work for if they knew how to keep higher up management
Work culture very disappointing,starts with higher management unfortunately
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingfisher Bay Resort20 June 2017
Disappointing that drug and alcohol issues amongst staff are not dealt with accordingly. The same culprits continue to get away with bad behaviour.

Management appear to say the right things but there is no follow through
Pros
Barge ride to and from the island
Cons
Management and HR not supportive, turn a blind eye to unacceptable behaviour from some of their staff
So much potential, but staff are not looked after.
Waitress and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fraser Island QLD23 February 2017
Staff village is very run down! Rooms on arrival are filled with cobwebs and sand (great first impression) Meals are very hit and miss. Lunch being served down a hill with a bus service that is either early or late, but never on time. Very inconvenient if you've worked late (majority of us, as we all work Hospo hours) They have 1 washing machine for the live on staff! Many of us. Very high turn over of staff! Some only lasting weeks or even days. Not much you can do on Rdos besides drink. Rooms no aircon. Only thing that keeps people going is the people you meet here. Wouldn't recommend relocating here for a job! Pay is under and many of my hours aren't paid for. Gym room is run down with most equipment broken and unable to use.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Pay, food, activities, general store
So much potential, but bad management holds it back.
Purchasing Officer (Former Employee) –  Fraser Island QLD27 July 2016
So much potential to be an iconic destination, but bad and I mean very bad management is running the place. Need to employ a qualified and experienced Group GM to lead the place to success, not a wannabe.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Great atmosphere, all the staff are very friendly
bar attendant (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD12 May 2016
overall great place to come a work and a good company to work for. the live on staff accommodation is excellent with the bonus of the staff gym, the staff bar and facilities provide great entertainment
Pros
all resort activities are free for staff
Cons
sandflies
It was an enjoyable place to work.
Night Auditor /Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Harvey Bay QLD australia20 November 2015
There was a lot of variety in what I did every night they were exciting and challenging, it was a lovely place to work and learn about the environment, very supportive team.
Pros
Free usage of sport equipment
Cons
Staff accomomdation was my problem, as needed a private, quiet room due to my type of work(nights)
great job poor management
Guest relations Agent (Former Employee) –  Fraser Island22 September 2015
job was excellent possibly the best job i have ever had, management and failure to further my career hindered my personal growth, after 3 years of outstanding service with awards to my name, i still couldn't further my career. so i decided it be best to leave the company to advance my career elsewhere.

pay rate well below standard wage of 20.22 per hour, and that was a level 6 pay rate.
Pros
free transfers
Cons
poor wages and pathetic management
Kitchen
Bartender/Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Fraser Island2 February 2015
A fast paced kitchen that was great to learn in. The staff are lovely and the island staff accommodation is remote but beautiful.
Good people, Good workplace
Bar Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  kingfisher bay resort11 August 2014
i learnt a lot of handy tips and tricks to being a bartender by a lot of good co-workers
Pros
free dinner
Cons
no chance of progressing
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay, QLD16 March 2014
Can be fast pace.
How to deal with guests.
Good to work with.
Great to work with.
Trying to please guests.
Pleasing guest.
Pros
Traveling by boat
Cons
Waiting for boat
Knowledge
Retail / Café Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fraser Island, QLD7 January 2014
When working at Kingfisher Bay Resort, I learnt close to everything I know about working in retail. The management and co-workers are very helpful and will give you the right training for you to carry out your job.
Pros
Meeting heaps of new people
Cons
Long hours and a long travel home (if you do not live on the island)
Beautiful job
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay, QLD 46552 December 2013
Loved the job itself but the people weren't very kind and good to work with.
Pros
Beautiful island
Cons
So far away
Productive And Fun Workplace
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland Australia14 January 2013
I was a Food and Beverage Attendant at Kingfisher Bay Resort, I would work some shifts from 1 pm to 1 am in the morning but I very much enjoyed my time there as it was a relaxed place to work and with having fun and an organised team to work with. I learnt many new skills whilst working there, working behind a bar to organizing wedding events with my co-workers, the management over there were very helpful and if we needed anything we could talk to them,we were left to do our own job knowing we had been given a full overview of what to do. The hardest part of the job was the long hours but there wasn't anything hard about the jobs we had to do. The most enjoyable part was meeting the guests of the resort,helping them in anyway we can to let them enjoy there stay, having a well organised team with a fun vibe to go with it to.
Pros
staff village, meals were provided, uniform also.