Kingfisher Bay Resort
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kingfisher Bay Resort Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Very stressful, not enough staff, Nothing new thing to learn, because everything is the same going on within past 20 years as all the staff is from India or old people with old ideas, only good for the new starters to learn, get experience For few months and join other companies... not good for experience ones as big fish out there won’t teach you help you or let you grow, just to save their job and position
The hr and management are terrible, I was paying for breakfast and dinners and not receiving them as I worked those hours, got let go without warning or warnings, got told it was my one on one month meeting then all the sudden I've been fired, they wanted me to leave with in the next couple hours watched me pack all my belongings like I was a criminal and was going to escort me to the barge without being aloud to talk to other staff members, I'm still owed about 40 hours under payment that I was already supposed to receive but haven't the only contact me back when I threatened fair work or aca news
good working environment.
working life is balance.

there is benefit for staff.

relation between staff and management is good and cooperative.

salary is good as well.
a typical day at work is fast paced busy and always on the move i have learned a lot in kitchens food prep,organization,cleanliness working productively and efficiently the chef was always showing us new skills every day and how to think on our feet the hardest part of the job was being able to do long hrs and split shifts and not a lot of home time the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people having a great work team and the occasional traveling for functions
Management was to chaotic no one was in a higher position long enough to make any real changes.
But loved my living and the family and culture of the island

It Could be a wonderful business to work for if they knew how to keep higher up management
Disappointing that drug and alcohol issues amongst staff are not dealt with accordingly. The same culprits continue to get away with bad behaviour.

Management appear to say the right things but there is no follow through
Pros
Barge ride to and from the island
Cons
Management and HR not supportive, turn a blind eye to unacceptable behaviour from some of their staff
Staff village is very run down! Rooms on arrival are filled with cobwebs and sand (great first impression) Meals are very hit and miss. Lunch being served down a hill with a bus service that is either early or late, but never on time. Very inconvenient if you've worked late (majority of us, as we all work Hospo hours) They have 1 washing machine for the live on staff! Many of us. Very high turn over of staff! Some only lasting weeks or even days. Not much you can do on Rdos besides drink. Rooms no aircon. Only thing that keeps people going is the people you meet here. Wouldn't recommend relocating here for a job! Pay is under and many of my hours aren't paid for. Gym room is run down with most equipment broken and unable to use.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Pay, food, activities, general store
So much potential to be an iconic destination, but bad and I mean very bad management is running the place. Need to employ a qualified and experienced Group GM to lead the place to success, not a wannabe.
Pros
Potential
Cons
overall great place to come a work and a good company to work for. the live on staff accommodation is excellent with the bonus of the staff gym, the staff bar and facilities provide great entertainment
Pros
all resort activities are free for staff
Cons
sandflies
There was a lot of variety in what I did every night they were exciting and challenging, it was a lovely place to work and learn about the environment, very supportive team.
Pros
Free usage of sport equipment
Cons
Staff accomomdation was my problem, as needed a private, quiet room due to my type of work(nights)
job was excellent possibly the best job i have ever had, management and failure to further my career hindered my personal growth, after 3 years of outstanding service with awards to my name, i still couldn't further my career. so i decided it be best to leave the company to advance my career elsewhere.

pay rate well below standard wage of 20.22 per hour, and that was a level 6 pay rate.
Pros
free transfers
Cons
poor wages and pathetic management
A fast paced kitchen that was great to learn in. The staff are lovely and the island staff accommodation is remote but beautiful.
i learnt a lot of handy tips and tricks to being a bartender by a lot of good co-workers
Pros
free dinner
Cons
no chance of progressing
Can be fast pace.
How to deal with guests.

Good to work with.

Great to work with.

Trying to please guests.

Pleasing guest.
Pros
Traveling by boat
Cons
Waiting for boat
When working at Kingfisher Bay Resort, I learnt close to everything I know about working in retail. The management and co-workers are very helpful and will give you the right training for you to carry out your job.
Pros
Meeting heaps of new people
Cons
Long hours and a long travel home (if you do not live on the island)
Loved the job itself but the people weren't very kind and good to work with.
Pros
Beautiful island
Cons
So far away
I was a Food and Beverage Attendant at Kingfisher Bay Resort, I would work some shifts from 1 pm to 1 am in the morning but I very much enjoyed my time there as it was a relaxed place to work and with having fun and an organised team to work with. I learnt many new skills whilst working there, working behind a bar to organizing wedding events with my co-workers, the management over there were very helpful and if we needed anything we could talk to them,we were left to do our own job knowing we had been given a full overview of what to do. The hardest part of the job was the long hours but there wasn't anything hard about the jobs we had to do. The most enjoyable part was meeting the guests of the resort,helping them in anyway we can to let them enjoy there stay, having a well organised team with a fun vibe to go with it to.
Pros
staff village, meals were provided, uniform also.