Kings Transport Employee Reviews

great support team - Transport co-ordinators
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury SA5 March 2018
Transport co-ordinator staff are very helpful and allocate jobs with in timeframe from given jobs.

Very friendly team and always willing to help or assist in anyway possible
Pros
subsidised petrol and etoll
Cons
constantly on the move and sometimes lunch while moving to next job
absolute rubbish company to work for no loyalty shown whatever. Management washes its hands of all problems and payments deducted from wages illegally
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 January 2018
If you are thinking about working for these guys be warned!!
They'll say anything to get you on board then treat you like rubbish!
Also they have tricks and outright thieving ways to take money from your wages.
Avoid at all costs!!
Pros
Easy to get work
Cons
Very unprofessional
Truck driver .hc lic
Truck Driver/Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA6 January 2018
I worked at kings transport for 5.5 years loved working with kings did not whont to leave got redunded they looked after me like i was famley ... i hope i can work for them again in the future
Pros
Long hours just whot i needed
Cons
Long hours but whot i whonted
Don't Even Bother With Kings
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 December 2017
Very poor pay
No support for drivers
Boys club culture
If the allocator doesn't like you then you are never going to get a decent job allocation (in other words you will go broke)
No idea about logistics
They promise the world and give you nothing
Extremely good lip service but that's about it.
Pros
Cons
The entire company is a con
Not recommend
Subcontractors (Former Employee) –  Victoria3 November 2017
Here is what i learn from king you work for them but they get the money you only get 15 percent of the job I just I asked the customer how mach the pay for each pallet then I check my pay not even half only 15 percent .for subcontractors not recommend but only work if their car and full time or hourly rate it's just working for free if subcontractor
They wont pay you correctly
Woolworths driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 October 2017
On average I am underpaid 1 hour per week by this wonderful company. If you are really lucky they may back pay you half of what they owe you, of course you practically have to beg for even that!
Just a job
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Rydalmere NSW23 October 2017
Picking and delivering goods all over Sydney.Can be rush sometimes due to the nature of the package being delivered.Can be frustrating due to traffic in some area.
Pros
Good working time
Cons
Terrible pay
Storeman / Receiving / Driver (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC17 October 2017
1. Unpredictable at times as other clients could be added to your work load.
2. I have learned to be flexible in my approach to my assignments.
3. Management is a must as each job is to be finished by the end of a working day.
4. Great group of workers and friends, easy to work with. Happy bunch.
5. Traffic is the hardest part of the job. Especially if there is a time limit to finish all deliveries on time.

6. Delivering all items in good time, to a good client base and their positive attitude that makes my work day most enjoyable.
Pros
Happy Clients
Cons
Traffic Flow unpredictable for on time delivery
great allocators
owner driver (Former Employee) –  Salisbury QLD19 September 2017
good place to work, lovely team always back the drivers, would recommend this place to any one they pay tolls and phone calls great hourly rates would go back any day
Pros
friendly operators
Great for personal developement
Sales Executive/Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Kilburn SA15 August 2017
Daily i spend time working on existing accounts and gaining more business out on the road.
Ive learned alot about self management and personal development.
Management was incredible for the most part of my Kings journey.
Hardest part is also the most rewarding but coming up with solutions for customers anytime day or night, weekends or weekdays.
Up until recently I have the most amazing manager. He was supportive and really motivating. He was and is my mentor.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Current Management
Not too bad of a place to work for
Truck Driver/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA18 May 2017
Management could be a little rough sometimes but they have a multi-million dollar company to run. They do care about their employees and do regular reviews to make sure everyone is happy. It was a hard job physically but it was good pay and steady hours.
your on boss as you are on the road
Self-employed Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT4 May 2017
driving
multi deliveries
customer service
a various of culture in the company
i enjoy the driving and meeting new people
hardest part dealing with traffic
Pros
n/a
Cons
they look after there employees
HC Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC30 April 2017
l have NOTHING bad to say about Kings Transport they really do know how to treat there employees no matter what level or field you work in they send someone to your work place they ask how you are and if there is a miner problem they are right onto it l would recommend them to anyone.I no longer work there because l did wrong by the company but that has no reflection on my personal feelings to this company do the right thing by them and it will be reciprocated every time
Pros
Good money great company
Cons
con doesn't work there lol......There's no con
I'd rather not comment
Contract Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
I'd rather not say anything about Kings Transport as an employer or a potential employer. People should make up their own minds about the companies that they work for.
Abuse for for bringing up issues with pay rates for runs
ADHOC Courier (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 March 2017
A company that could do a lot better if their management had better
communication skills. Rather than call their employees whingers for complaining for earning they had been promised and not received.
To be told to your face your a whinger is not very professional, especially for a company that so called prides itself in its work force. I have worked there for only a few months and have only once earned what we were originally promised in earnings. Every time I confront them the work is increased for a day or two then it returns to jobs that pay peanuts. With the right people looking after you at the control center you can make good money, get the wrong personal dispatching jobs can be the difference of making $70 a day or $180 a day. Its a shame because majority of staff working there are nice people. Kings go through a lot of couriers and a constantly advertising for new ones, and now I know why. The job itself meeting new people is the best part of the job.
Pros
Country drives and meeting new people
Cons
Management that dont care your just a number. Running cost
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Laverton VIC17 January 2017
Very weird hours, u have no idea if u have just a pm job,wat time u start as u get a message in the morning latest around 10:30 a.m , to start at 1 pm and u still don't know which route you are going on untill you reach the depot and see the run sheet. Some times I was without a fuel card and once had to pay for diesel from my own pocket to b told to get reimbursement , but never happened, was missing 10 hours pay , never got fixed, and the run was sometimes from Laverton to Chadstone to pick up and delivery in that area too in peak hour traffic, delivery in apartments without lifts, I left because I work better when I am well planned for the day and which this job lacked , however I liked working in the country areas and beautiful views , worked on Sunday with penalty rates nearly 12 hours but got paid for only 8.5
Pay is good but not exactly what you work
Pros
Country drive
Cons
Mismanagement, less notice for job work area
boring.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW15 January 2017
A typical day involved delivering bricks to various sites around Sydney and unloading then reloading until all allocated jobs are complete and preload for the next day.
Cons
long hours, fussy customers
Fun workplace
Courier (Former Employee) –  Campbellfield VIC5 January 2017
Great company to work for always paid on time worked for the company for about a year learnt more about melbourne and getting around
Bad pay
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW14 September 2016
I worked 2days 7 and a half hour a day spent $100 on petrel and $28 on tolles and kings told me I'm getting paid $139 for the two days work and to top it off payday was last Friday the 9th and still haven't got paid or my pay slip called them to day said they would fix it by end of day I called them at 4.45 and they left for the day so I'm with out pay again.:.: THINK TWICE WORKING HERE
was a fun workplace to work in with great people to be around and very helpful
Pick packer (Former Employee) –  Laverton VIC18 July 2016
my day at work would be fun, i love pick packing and could see myself doing it for a very long time, my co workers were like my family they were supportive and helpful.