Kingston Estate Wines

Kingston Estate Wines Employee Reviews

1.5Job Security & Advancement
just another job between jobs
TRUCK DRIVER / EARTHWORKS (Former Employee) –  Kingston-On-Murray SA9 April 2017
non-existent supervisor interaction and plenty of verbal abuse for not being able to read incompetent peoples minds. instructions on daily tasks expected of me were never offered to me, to this day i am even unsure of the amount of hours i was expected or allowed to work each day/week
Pros
nothing sticks in my mind
Cons
zero communication
Hard labour but very rewarding
Cellar Hand (Former Employee) –  Kingston31 March 2015
I was there for less than a month, but i learned many skills and did lots of jobs. Every week i usually did something different for the first week i did tanking, which is where i filled up tankers full of wine, i found this job the most enjoyable while working there. The second week i did red jetting, which is where you spray juice at the grape skins with a high-pressurized hose in a tank to break them up so they can go to the presser to be used to make wine. One day I also had to carry 25kg bags of additives up the stairs to top of the tanks pour the bags into the tanks and these tanks sometimes needed up to 100kg, so i had to make multiple trips up and down the stairs which was the hardest job i did while working there. Then the last job i did was cut open oak bags and pour them out on the ground into a big pile which lasted a week because there were so many bags, which was quite boring because it was just repetitive work.

The manager and my co-workers were good and i never had any problems with them.

Overall, most of the work is hard labour and you are on your feet all day, but the pay is very rewarding.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Shift work, short duration of work
good money, good workmates
Cellar hand (Former Employee) –  Kingston-On-Murray, SA18 October 2014
typical day at Kingston Estate Wines, work starts on day shift at 7.45 AM in the cellar, and finishes at 4.15 pm, day shift is not is not classified as a shift and you have to pay for your own half hour for lunch, afternoon shift starts at 4.00 PM and finishes at 12.00 AM and finally night shift starts at 12.00 AM and finished at 8.00 AM.

I learnt how to do a lot of things at Kingston, they taught me how to transfer wine from one tank to another, do splitter set ups from two way up to eight way, i learnt how to load and unload tankers. i learnt how to work off site.

management could be better, i know they have a hard time but some of the work job notes come out with huge errors like doing a two way splitter job from one tank on one side of the winery and the other on the complete opposite side. or if you are going to transfer wine into a tank and it supposed to be empty, but is in fact full.

i think the hardest part of the job is night shift, being away from family for a full two weeks, being grumpy and wanting to kill everything in sight if you get woken up.

the most enjoyable thing about the job is the work mates, they are a highly sophisticated group of people who are highly intellectual and are able to have a good laugh with you.
Pros
they have vending machines
Cons
they have hard hats