Kleinfelder Employee Reviews

Happy to be here
Senior Professional (Current Employee) –  Colorado Area21 May 2019
I find my position to be very busy, stressful at times, but overall very satisfying.
I have learned a great deal working with my team and other teams while here. Kleinfelder has allowed me to take on responsibilities outside my traditional responsibilities and this has provided me with career growth I have not had with previous employers.
I have a manager that is supportive and direct. Goals are discussed and established together, guidance is provided, constructive feedback. My manager is current with the industry and does a good job of ensuring the tools needed to be successful in the role are available to us.
I really like the people I work with, it is a great team that gets along well. It is nice being able to take time off and know you are being covered.
I really enjoy that even though we all sit in different locations geographically that I know this team. Upper management makes effort to bring the team together for in person meetings.
Pros
telecommute as needed, commuter benefits, flexibility, food at meetings (donuts, bagels, muffins), Kudos wall
Cons
personally my commute can be challenging, but the flexibility to work from home occasionally does offset this issue
Awesome workplace with great culture
Lead Word Processor/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UT10 May 2019
Kleinfelder is an awesome place to work with a great culture, fantastic management, excellent pay with advancement opportunities and training when needed. They recognize there is a balance of work and life, but they also expect hard work and team players when the job calls for it. They really appreciate skill and talent and reward you for it. Iit’s Just a great place to work!
Pros
Great people, fantastic benefits, great pay
Cons
Sometimes overtime is required, it can get pretty stressful when a deadline is approaching, but if you’re a team player this shouldn’t be a problem.
Good company with mobility to different regions.
Senior Technician (IV) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 April 2019
The social culture leaves much to be admired. work pace is manageable and company vehicles are a huge help financially. Attaining extra certifications is encouraged.
Worst management ever
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY16 March 2019
This company is cheap and makes every effort to scam as much money out of their employees as possible. Mediocre pay, substandard benefits and incompetent management. It used to be an EASOP company, but no more. Upper management had a huge share of the company and decided to cash out. Shame...
Awful managment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UT26 February 2019
Management did not treat employees fairly. Woman especially were not given fair treatment and borderline harassment.

False promises of pay increases and any kind of dishonesty required for their own interests. I was promised certain amounts for certifications until after I got them. Luckily, other companies value those certs.

Be ready for 4 hour shifts every 4 hours and find out where you are going the night before around 5pm. You won't know if you are working sat-sun until 5pm friday night and you could be working overnight.

The materials department is a sinking ship.
Pros
My direct supervisor and lead technicians were great. I did feel like it was a team culture, I was able to participate in great projects that built my resume and gave me great contacts
Cons
less than 30 hours a week, Unfair treatment, awful health insurance especially 401k, told because we went bowling we have great benefits.
A good place to grow your career
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX31 January 2019
Kleinfelder is a place for teamwork. We work hard and play hard as a team. Management is supportive if you show you are giving your best effort. Folks who just want to coast will struggle here, we are a performance driven organization.
Pros
good culture, teamwork, face paced, gives back to community
Alot of chance for advancement.
Soils Technician (Former Employee) –  Lane City, TX31 January 2019
I worked on a reservoir project, It was very busy 10 plus hours a day 6-7 days a week. Pay was great and management was great too. Hardest part was working 6-7 days a week and commuting 45 minutes each way to work. I learned a lot about lab soil testing.
Pros
good money
Cons
demanding of your time
Amazing
Staff Professional (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX and Tulsa, OK9 January 2019
I worked for Kleinfelder for 3.5 years and loved it. A lot of flexibility to learn at your own pace and in your own direction. Offices all over that allow for advancement and relation at need.
Decent work place
SENIOR GIS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY4 January 2019
Decent work place. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. Kleinfelder is an integrated, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, innovative problem-solvers dedicated to doing the right thing every day, on every project.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
managment poor
I enjoyed my time at Kleinfelder
Program Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX31 December 2018
Kleinfelder is a good solid company. They have a great staff of young engineers and scientist. When I worked there they were employee owned but have since been sold. There was a senior leadership change which seemed to be working really well.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Was having trouble with overhead costs and staffing
Kleinfelder
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJ30 November 2018
Good place to work, good management on the projects I worked on. I would recommend this company to others. Lots of offices and opportunities to latch onto.
Not in office. In the field.
Soil & Concrete Field Tester (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV23 October 2018
Great boss, Bad Organization for scheduling working hours. Work was never consistent. They had no time frame for sleeping in between jobs. A couple people had a Problem doing there job.
Worst management ever- inept and unprofessional
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO12 October 2018
Hired as a Mid Level Inspector, worked like a dog performing testing. When I asked about why, was told it would only be for a little while. The job description mentioned nothing about testing. Management does not care about their employees. Management does not have a clue about how construction works. They do not give you the proper materials to do your job. Your manager will walk right by you and not acknowledge or say anything to you. The Denver, Pueblo and Colorado Springs offices have the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. People don’t quit their jobs because they hate their jobs- they quit because of bad management
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Very busy environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV28 September 2018
My manager was great to work with. Co-workers friendly and enjoyed my employment with them. Until the economy went bad and was let go. But it was great while it lasted
Lack of Work
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 September 2018
The company is very hierarcial and top heavy. If you are entry to nearly mid level and not an engineer, don't expect to be given work. It's up to you to obtain work and constantly reach out to people to keep your head above water. If other offices are not willing to spread out their work to you, then it looks bad on you and your utilization. It's a shame that other offices aren't willing to share work because they just want to keep their own teams busy...when the team you're working with isn't busy.

What I've learned working here is that you constantly need to follow up with people, because if you don't you won't get anywhere.
Pros
Good benefits, lunches provided during meetings, people are friendly, good work/life balance
An employee-owned company where one where one can decide one's career path
Staff Professional II, Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO2 September 2018
I personally have a great balance between field work and office work as a mid-level employee. I've been reimbursed for numerous trainings by Kleinfelder. Kleinfelder's management works hard to keep people billable during downturns rather than firing them. Kleinfelder has about 2,000 employees which makes it flexible to pursue new avenues but more sensitive to market fluctuations. The most enjoyable part of my job has been collaborating with some truly brilliant people and learning from them.
Pros
Employee ownership: everyone has skin in the game
Cons
Smaller-sized company with some growing pains.
Fun and Collaborative
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/COLLECTIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV27 August 2018
When I worked at Kleinfelder, it was a fun and challenging workplace with a very collaborative team environment that made it an enjoyable place to work.
Small EP company with great culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2018
Kleinfelder is a great company that cares a lot about it's people. It is a multi-discipline engineering company with offices all over north america (US and Canada).
Worst management I ever worked for.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO30 July 2018
The Pueblo office is the worst. If you are looking for employment there, don't. All they care about are billable hours. Lots of shoddy equipment and the lab is a disaster area. The office manager is terrible. No direction at all. Compensation is horrible. Benefits are marginal. If I could I would give it a zero star rating.
Pros
Benefits are OK
Cons
Everything else
fulfilling career
Kal-Co, Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA16 July 2018
It was exciting to be part of The Team; assisting bringing projects to completion, learning the nuances of materials testing, being surrounded by some of the best minds in various disciplines of the engineering firm.
Pros
Cross departemental support, good communications, reliable infrastructure.
Cons
Corporate restructure/refocus, downsizing.