Kmart Employee Reviews

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search See all 17,868 reviews
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 November 2018
productive and fun workplace to work especially as a first job and the money is good and if youre young and good at your job you get more shifts and a better reccommendation
Day to day
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 November 2018
A typical day tasks would include me stocking and restocking shelves, ordering clothing in the correct order, cashier and helping customer when they need help finding anything.
Productive work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Forster NSW11 November 2018
i was still in school and it was good to try new things and get some experice with thing aqnd working in a team was good and helping customers was fun
Pros
got to meet new people
Constant engagement in new tasks makes the job constantly enjoyable
Kmart Customer Service and Wharehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 November 2018
a typical day at work often involves arranging stock onto shelves or opening the contents of boxes off pallets and ready to go onto the selling floor. I learned to use iniative and many retail and sales methods. The culture of the workplace and its environment is lacking. The quality of people i worked with were poor. the hardest part about the job is constantly working hard and doing other peopes jobs when there not trying. the most enjoyable part about the job is that there is so many different things to do i rarely get bored.
Pros
generous break times
Cons
short hours
Work Place
Kmart Retail Employee (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 November 2018
Great workplace, especially for young people who have never been employed. Flexible hours to cater to your availability. Big management team, easy communication.
KMART IS Imploding On Itself
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 November 2018
A Typical Day At Work - Arrive to staff who are quick to whinge about the store happenings, other staff, even some managers and their personal business. Then run your bejeeses off to do your own job plus what these staff have not done but should have even when it is not a part of your job description, being very careful not to be seen leaving your position to do the other staff's jobs because you know you will get screamed at right in your face right there no matter who is around, customers etc. You do it for the team, the store, the company, the customers but you also do it because you know you will also get screamed at right in your face if it is not done. Otherwise there is poor to no communication.

What I Learned, the Workplace Culture is - my previous comments plus how to juggle a shocked like interest while not actually participating. Knowing that everyone gets a turn at being bullied Most not all of the Managers play favourites and allow their fav's to do pretty much whatever they like then reward their laziness, lying bullies. There is very poor communication.

The Hardest Part Of The Job is - the workplace culture, the constant anxiety about when you are going to be screamed at, when the filthy gossip is going to be about you. Knowing that nothing you do is going to be noticed, recognised or rewarded. There is no real communication.

The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job is - own self satisfaction that I've done all I can do, I give 110% each and every shift and for the most part the customers (Even some staff) still being able to have a laugh.

**The managers
  more... are so time poor working in excess of a 50hour week each and every week. Communication is poor to none, it appears across Kmart at all levels. There is something VERY wrong within Kmart.  less
Pros
Mature age employment
Cons
Never being recognised. Management not caring
Good for a casual job, but not something to stay in
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Casula NSW7 November 2018
As a student Kmart has been a great workplace and has provided me with flexibility around my studies. More recently however, management has gone downhill, there is a lack of organisation and a lack of appreciation for the work that is done. Too much is expected of you and not enough is given in return.
Great Job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD3 November 2018
The company is a wonderful environment to work in. Kmart is a great place to work as you will work in a different environment and culture in every store that you work in.
Good job, poor management/culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 November 2018
This could have been a really great job, but unfortunately the management in my store at the time created quite a nasty and unstable culture. Scheduling and organisation was also quite poor. However, the pay was fairly good for a first job and the hours were very manageable.
Pros
Manageable hours, fair pay
Cons
Poor management
Good Job, lack of securiy
Filler (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW30 October 2018
Although working at Kmart was good, as you get older managers attempt to give you less shifts. This creates difficulty in everyday life as the lack of income is painful.
very professional and everyone has something that they need to do.
Cashier (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 October 2018
* i have learnt customer serve
* how to use registers.
* very popular
* and being able to learn different areas.
* kmart id always busy so you would not see people doing nothing.
Fun work place
Team Member (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC28 October 2018
Good work place, alot of theft at the store but that's with the location of the store I work at too.
A range of things to do from working out the back or working on the floor.
Pros
5% off at Kmart, coles and other stores
Cons
Short hours
Good workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corio VIC26 October 2018
Good workplace to work at.
Have learned how to be work in different teams.
The most enjoyable part is being able to work with colleagues that I was able to get along with.
Organise clothes and size them and keeping the store neat.
Rosters are a bit too random and either get 5 shifts or 1 or none.
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
Don't get rostered on and shifts get cancelled less than an hour before.
Productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 October 2018
Kmart is very much a place looking to increase productivity, sometimes at the cost of other things. In saying this I have enjoyed working here and have learned a lot.
Good to work while studying
Casual Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Central QLD22 October 2018
Working with a lot of young people was good socially, the managers were very easy going but I wasn’t getting many hours. Each shift I would get would be three hours long.
Cons
No hours
Good first job
Casual Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD20 October 2018
Pretty good working environment and definitely a good first job, however it takes about a year to really start working here as the training is poor, they just stick you in front of a computer when you first get a job for hours and don’t actually give you any practical training, at least in presentation work. Management can be poor at times at my place of work, however some team members can be difficult, especially the newest employees who rarely ever call in if they aren’t coming to work and just don’t show up leaving the managers quite stressed. Our particular store has a no talking rule which is a bit unfair as it is only our store who enforced it and basically forces us to be very isolated during our shifts even though we are meant to be a “team”. The pay is very good and customers are usually tolerable however you witness some violent behaviour from customers and team members have even become victims of violence from customers but the managers are very understanding in situations like these and offer all the assistance they can and always make sure they’re employees are okay and put measures into place to keep team members safe. As you get older you tend to get less shifts if you remain a casual team member and the shifts are short. I haven’t come across any opportunities for advancement to higher roles. Kmart is a good first job as you always get paid correctly and on time and you get short shifts and they are very flexible with other commitments, however there is very little opportunity to advance in this job, management can be poor and experience with customers can be  more... off putting. Ps. If you are a customer please don’t hit on staff it’s really uncomfortable and don’t get into fights in the middle of our store it’s really annoying and you make yourself look like an idiot. Thanks :)  less
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, good atmosphere and supportive team members and management, Ktv, catching people stealing and telling them off lol, good customers most the time who are thankful for your service
Cons
Managers are often too busy to carry out their jobs thoroughly, short hours, no opportunity for advancement (in my case), training could be better, ineffective stretches we have to do before every shift, being bashed for catching people stealing, witnessing people yelling swearing and fighting in store
fun workplace and fun staff
Online picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 October 2018
had a fun day at work, i learnt that it was all about the customer and that their perception always comes first. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a fun team.
I loved working at kmart
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver Vic17 October 2018
kmart was a great environment, work was consistent. When I worked for kmart I felt very welcome, supervisors were extremely caring and easy to work for.
Productive and very fun environment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW16 October 2018
The company provides an amazing work evvironment. It is a great place for a first job and a long period of time job. The team is nice and they make sure to help everyone.
Productive workplace but not many hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Endeavour Hills VIC16 October 2018
Productive workplace with supportive team members but not many hours were given while working there. Management was good but could give out more help during shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K