Kmart Employee Reviews

Awful place to work, horrible customers however supportive management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW16 May 2018
An 'okay' place to work, supportive management but horrible clientele. Also, lacking job security and bad pay, not worth the stress or hassle of working here.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Horrible customers
Wonderful management
Store Team member/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  New South Wales11 May 2018
Excellent place to work to gain experience and learn new things within the customer service department. Depending on management. A variety of new things to learn.
Pros
Happy environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Kmart was a great work envoronment and very fast paced, which i love.
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 May 2018
At Kmart I loved Unpacking stock and filling cages, it was a great job! I would go back in a heart beat as long as I got paid the right amount for my age.
I recommend working at Kmart if you don't like to be bored at work and love running around the whole store.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Under paid
Fast paced warehouse
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Burwood NSW7 May 2018
I learnt new things working in different departments , from apparel to entertainment and the babys section , restocking new items and stacking shelves , sorting out sizes etc.
Pros
Early Finish
Cons
LONG hours
Easy job, barley any shifts.
Sales Assistant in the Apparel Department (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD6 May 2018
Good casual work, However Partime or Full time isnt an option. Shifts arent common due to the exesive hiring and budget.

Managers are easy to talk to, even about personal issues.
Pros
15 min breaks to an hours
Cons
Not enough shifts
depends on management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC5 May 2018
I worked for a kmart in Victoria and it had wonderful management that knew what they were doing and could express what they wanted in the right way. I have now transferred to a nsw store and the management is terrible and everyone's moral is down and nobody really wants to be there because of the constant blame being thrown at you because they deflect it from themselves
Pros
amazing friends
Cons
bad managment if there is bad managment
It is fun and has a great job culture. However, I wish they give shifts to all employs as evenly and fairly as possible.
Retail (Current Employee) –  Mandurah WA3 May 2018
A typical day at work is physically demanding but fun. But I haven't worked in 5 months and I feel that the one I'm currently employed picks favorites with their employees and doesn't give shifts to certain people.
Pros
Tea room, friendly enviroment
Cons
not enough shifts
Good for starting career.
Cash Register/General staff (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW1 May 2018
Good place to start, lean alot and get along with people really well, nice environment to work in, customers can be a hassle sometimes but overall a good experience.
Average
casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnybank QLD30 April 2018
Kmart is a great place to work if you are only wanting a casual job between school or uni and just need some extra cash. However, i found that if you do not apply yourself to become a manager or are not full time staff, once you get to a certain age your shifts are cut right back. bit unfair.
Fun place to work with
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 April 2018
No complaints enjoy my tenure with Kmart
Fun loving Team on floor
All my Co-Managers were good and helpful
Good work culture but Salary standards need to go up with responsibilities
Store Management is good but No clue about Higher Level Management
Having Great CEO
Teamwork
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valley View SA26 April 2018
The team work and staff help one another and I enjoyed working at Kmart Ingle farm, I stopped working here as my hours decreased as they hired younger staff.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Less hours
Work place culture in Kmart.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxenford QLD25 April 2018
The culture at Kmart is amazing though when working on the service desk and dealing with angry customers, we are not supported by management for enforcing the policy they provide us with. The hardest part of the job is having to problem solve and multitask on the spot, especially when you are flat out - though it does provide excellent skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers you can have transactions that ruin your day when the customer responds badly (very badly) or they can absolutely make your day.
Pros
Fabulous staff, discount + bonus cards
Cons
management have unrealistic expectations, push for too young incompetent team members to replace you when you become too expensive.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford VIC25 April 2018
serving customers
getting moved to different departments
customer service
general merchandise
cash handling
working with different nationalities
was hard to get to permanent partime/fulltime
Pros
incentives
Good job
SIM Manager/ 2IC (Current Employee) –  Hornsby NSW24 April 2018
Great place to work family first great work life balance all the higher management very easy to talk to right down from ceo to store management holidays aloud in school holidays
Pros
Family and life balance
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mildura VIC21 April 2018
I learnt some basic retail skills and social skills
I enjoyed going to work and being able to advance my skills in retail and help customers with whatever they required to the best of my ability
Good work atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD20 April 2018
The boss in charge of Kmart Mount Sheridan was supportive when I was working. He would always ask how I was and if I knew what I was doing and if I was ok doing it.
Great
customer service (Former Employee) –  Brunswick VIC19 April 2018
Great company made me feel very safe and Aw cure a at a young age they'd were very understanding of life at such a younger age let me off for Christmas
Productive and enjoyable work environment, good people
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 April 2018
For a typical day at work it can be pretty standard, go in get what needs to be done, done. But working at Kmart I enjoyed walking into work and working with people I love. I loved the atmosphere and the customers, I knew basically everything there is to know about Kmart which made it so much more fun to work there. I learned so much working there. Every shift I had I learned more and more about the workplace, the company, the people, the customers. The management is fair, everything is set up with a different manager which made it so much easier to work with your own manager. The hardest part of the job was being a casual I wasn't getting the time and hours I was hoping so it got hard when I needed more hours but they weren't available to me. What i loved most about Kmart is the company of people that surround you everyday at work, it was so fun and always a laugh, I also love customer service and obviously with a big company it was something very popular with the job so I also enjoyed helping customers find what they need and leave with a smile.
Pros
Easy and fun work environment
Cons
Long hours, small breaks
constant change in management makes it difficult to maintain work flow
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Greensborough VIC18 April 2018
constant change in management makes it difficult to maintain work flow. Other than that, its a fun and exciting company to be a part of with extensive training and benefits for all employees
Kmart is a good work place, good people, fun, enjoyable and organized
Worker (Former Employee) –  Casuarina NT17 April 2018
Good and safe working environment, very organized, lots of mangers, good people to work with, nice customers. Good payment, fair bit of shifts they give
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Didn't really enjoy it much, not much shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K