Kmart Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  South Adelaide SA19 September 2018
A typical day working at K-Mart is full of productivity, mostly positive customer interactions and wonderful banter with co-workers.
I've learned so many things working at K-Mart. I've developed amazing customer service, which continues to evolve every day.
The management team are simply amazing.
The hardest part of the job is getting up in the morning. Once you're there, time goes fast because you're constantly doing something. There is never a dull moment.
The most enjoyable part of the job, by far, is the environment; the people you work with, customers you deal with, where you are, what you're doing.
Overall, working at K-Mart is a highly enjoyable experience and it's an honour to work there.
a really positive work environment
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 September 2018
Whilst working at Kmart, i experienced a positive and fun working environment and developed a range f new skills that increased by work ethic. The managers were always nice and helpful and fellow team members always pleasant to work with.
Pros
flexible work hours
productive
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Truganina VIC10 September 2018
nice place to work a little bit pressure on the work happy that i have learned all the warehouse duties how to work efficiently in a team everyone is good at the work
forever changing
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 September 2018
going through changes all the time, you just get used to doing the job then they change it. it is the friends you make there that make the day bearable.
Pros
friendship's you make
Cons
changing all the time
was enjoyable
Apparel sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Mildura VIC6 September 2018
kmart had strong guidelines . I worked in apparel where the standards were very high . I unpacked stock and out put it on show . worked to planograms.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Figtree NSW6 September 2018
Kmart was fun, the discounts were great too it was good getting insiders on what new stuff was coming in which was a score when shopping. I loved my work friends, they were great
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service- Greeting (Current Employee) –  Karratha WA5 September 2018
I've learnt a lot when working with Kmart and I Learnt something new every day when working with them. Such convenient hours, such amazingggg staff and was a great workplace to be in.
it was alright
Team member (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA29 August 2018
wporking there was alright, they are very supportive and everyones willing to help but when u miss a shift or dont seem to know what ur doing they wont give u shifts for a while making it pointless for u to work there
Pros
discount and good pay
Cons
too many team members giving u barley any shifts
Wasn't the best, not the worst
CASUAL STAFF (Former Employee) –  Tarneit VIC26 August 2018
Typical day for the one 3 hour shift every 2 weeks? Fold clothes and put returns away. Was promised a future part time/full time position but it never came and the shifts were sporadic
Productive, customer focused and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minto NSW23 August 2018
The Kmart, retail environment is a very diverse culture that thrives off excellent customer service and prides on its strong team culture. The most enjoyable part of working at kmart is the fun environment that it provides for not only its customers but team members.
Extremely poor management with no respect for their workers
Team member (Former Employee) –  Aspley QLD22 August 2018
Kmart has been an incredible start to my career. It is unfortunate that as the years passed, management changed, and it became a place you wished you were never apart of, with managers showing no sign of respect for their workers. If you're after 3 hours a week every week, this is the job for you!
Pros
5% discount
Cons
No hours, no job advancements, poor management
was good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW16 August 2018
it was a good job for a beginner
managers were really understanding
not enough structure desired for what I was looking for in a customer service job :)
Productive workplace
Casual Sales (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT14 August 2018
I loved working at kmart it was such a great learning experience for me as an individual I highly recommend working there such a fun outgoing field of work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Customers
They hire too many people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC14 August 2018
I was hired at the same time as around 6 other people. You start off with a nice amount of shifts but they will do another intake the next month and your shifts are cut down to 1 per week.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No shifts
Productive and fun workplace
RETAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW14 August 2018
The role of an Kmart employee consisted of assisting customers through enquirers and checking out, filling the shelves with stock and being a good member of the Kmart team

I have learned skills that are essential when dealing with customer service such as patience, respect and clear communication
Great place to work!
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 August 2018
My typical day at work would include assisting customers to the best of my ability in order for them to have a positive experience and feel good about shopping at Kmart.
I have learnt how to work as a part of a team and how to deal with all different kinds of customers.
Apart from managers frequently being moved to different stores, management is good.
Workplace culture is great, we are like a family.
Pros
Great team
Cons
inconsistent managers
a typical chain working environment
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 August 2018
didn't make a considerable amount of money and opportunity for up skilling was not made available to me. Met some good guys that I could work with and enjoyed the opportunity of being able to train up some apprentices that were keen to know more about the trade. Was a very chain like work place where it was the same procedure day in and day out with the same kind of work that became boring.
Mildura store review
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Mildura VIC9 August 2018
The store set up used to be a lot more efficient. now everything is stacked up into little sections and everything is really tall and confusing. The facing and organisation of stock could be better. While working there I was taught efficient and correct ways to face and fold up stock. The management at Kmart are nice and friendly, but when i worked there they were not very efficient and hard working. I haven't worked at Kmart for a couple years now but the Mildura store all around is managed well and efficiently.
Pros
friendly team members
Cons
Long shifts and little care
Good if you're a senior
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Gambier SA6 August 2018
I worked here as a young high school student and never got trained, spoken to by other employers, and everyone just assumed I knew what I was doing. I got 3 hours a week. Cried every time I had to "work"
Great management and professional staff.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD31 July 2018
Kmart management look after there staff as they advise and make us do warm ups in the morning or at night. They’re understanding if you need to change a shift due to sickness or family emergencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K