Kmart Employee Reviews

Good for a first time job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW17 July 2018
This job allowed me to work to earn some money and study. Provided me with the flexibility I needed to put my studies first so I was able to have time for just study.
I learnt a lot about customer service, but in my position, there was too much leniency towards poorly behaved customers.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the poorly behaved customers, and having worked at a young age like many of the other staff, there really should be a lot more security to prevent those people from returning.
The best part of the job was being able to mingle with people from all walks of life and earn experience.
Management was rarely bad but they did make poor decisions regarding hours and staff.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Poor management
good place to meet people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  chadstone16 July 2018
Gives you a good opportunity for career advancement and to make friends. The pay isnt that good. Hours are flexible for when you are a student. Management generally okay
Productive and fast paced environment to work in.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Rosebud VIC16 July 2018
I loved working with a big group of people including the customers. I learnt many skills such as time management and being responsible for myself within the work environment. overall it was an extremely positive experience.
Productive and Opportunistic
Retail (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 July 2018
Was good to work for and gave plenty opportunity to update position if wanted. Shifts were easy to cover and work was easy to keep up with. Shifts became exhausted though and management seemed annoyed when rostered on unavailable days and had to cover.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work.
Fun Friendly Work Environment
Exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Lidcombe NSW 214112 July 2018
Team work, Customer service Cash handling
Staff Stocking.Being a family. Respecting one another. Approaching customers when in need, Handling customer service.
Great
Casual Team Member - Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD12 July 2018
I enjoy working with the people, great environment to work in. I've been at the store just over three years and have been on the same role/department the whole time. Ive been trained in other areas however I don't get shifts in the trained area. It is often overstaffed in my department meaning I get minimal hours. Management is inconsistent
Pros
wages, bonus
Cons
Poor Management, Not enough hours, sometimes overstaffed
Very Cool Workplace
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD11 July 2018
A day in the life of Kmart is a very fast paced working environment, I enjoy working within a team and assisting each other in any difficult situations that may arise.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD10 July 2018
Great working environment and i felt very welcomed and part of the team. There was often miss communication from supervisors as to what tasks i needed to complete, considering that i was a school based trainee. But overall it was an awesome environment to learn and engage in hands on tasks.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
racial profiling
Great Staff, Terrible Hours
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Casula NSW9 July 2018
The staff and management at Kmart Casula are great however all GM staff are only being given around 3 shifts per week that run at 3 and a half hours which brings in minimal money. We aren't being trained elsewhere despite asking numerous times.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Short hours
its alright
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 July 2018
I feel like it was such a big corporation and in the end made it real hard for me to keep personal relationships with my fellow employees. and personally I didn't like the work culture.
Fun work environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD30 June 2018
It was an excellent place to start working and to develop customer service skills with daily interactions. Flexible work hours as it is such a big company.
My review.
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Laverton VIC28 June 2018
When you ask for something the team leaders and management are will to help you.I was off work for six weeks to have a operation and because i was causal i really thought i woundn't have a job to come back to but i did have a job to come back too.
Unorganised
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lidcombe NSW26 June 2018
I was so lost at this job. My first day, they didn't seem to expect me to be there and they were very brief with instructions. I was given two sets of instructions and left me confused.
Roster is only available if you go in store which was very hard. Other workplaces inform you of shifts.
It was so difficult to get in touch with managers.
Culture was okay, not extremely inviting and felt so much alienation.
Hours are so short 3-5hours and barely get any shifts.
Pros
Easy to hide away and not do work
Cons
Short hours, little to no shifts, lack of communication and alienation
nothing much to say
Casual Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW24 June 2018
recovery of floors, customer service and aid, cleaning, consult with calls from customers, problem solving solutions, retail environments, management of some is total dictatorial with pushing limits to employees and going back on their words, disrespectful to the employees with no empathy
Pros
worked with friends
Cons
management
Great place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC19 June 2018
Great place to work at, Staff were really helpful and friendly. Managers were extremely helpful and very easy to get along with. Customers were very nice.
Pros
Staff discounts
Unfair
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Queensland17 June 2018
After falling ill for a few months as a casual I came back to no shifts and basically told it was not their problem. Management team only gives shifts to the very young staff.
Good job for student
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Jandakot WA14 June 2018
Initial training consisted of 1-2 shifts working alongside a more experienced worker. This was not enough. A lot of b*tching and politics made working very tiring and stressful, but a change in management has brought peace to the warehouse. Can easily work around a uni timetable. Breaks aren’t long enough to eat properly. The work is physical but not too hard, and the people are friendly.
Pros
Great people. Union and above award rates. Good work culture.
Cons
No aircon just fans Very hot in summer, Breaks aren’t long enough to eat when you take the time to walk all the way to the break rooms
Relatively productive workplace but never required
Customer Service and Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW13 June 2018
Typical day at work usually consists of serving customers to satisfy there needs. Thus the main experience I have learnt is the growth of my customer care levels. Furthermore there are not many hard parts to the job but the most enjoyable is meeting new people including staff and customers.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
possibly not providing shifts due to 'sharing'
Another great Coles company to work
Senior Systems Engineer - Contract (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2018
This was where I first started in the Coles group roles, and ultimately led me to project management at Coles HQ. A wonderful experience with a great manager.
Pros
Diverse projects
Work experience.
Sales & Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 June 2018
As above, it was just work experience. I've never been employed. However while I was there it was a very nice place to work. Very nice people who took the time to show me the ropes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K