Kmart Employee Reviews

Found 1,220 reviews matching the search See all 18,635 reviews
Production and enjoyable workplace.
Back of House / Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altona VIC19 March 2019
A typical day at Kmart would involve working within a group environment of approximately 6-8 people out the back of the store. As a team, we would work through pallets by unboxing and processing the stock, allowing it to be ready to fill by the workers on the floor.
The most enjoyable part of working at Kmart is the environment and the relaxed management team.
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
Job insecurity & lack of hours.
Great Place to Work
Retail Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 March 2019
Culture is really good and management really do care about you and your family. If you to the right thing by Kmart, they will look after you. A great place for young people to start work and gain experience with sales, retail, point of sale and customer service skills.
Pros
Treat you like part of the family
Cons
Can be repetitive, but you need to ask to be moved around to gain variety in other departments of the store.
very goo place to work lots of nice people
Dock worker (Current Employee) –  Narellan NSW18 March 2019
kmart is a very friendly place to work,
you learn:
great teamwork skills
great communications skills
you get a lot of opportunities
make life long friends
you get to work with other people your age and older
Pros
great team members there to guide you along the way
Cons
the dock gets very hot
Very good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Joondalup WA17 March 2019
It is a great place to work. Really friendly staff and great management. I did a variety of things some of which were: Resgister operator, Layby, Self-serve operator and finally door greeter. This variation in departments allowed me to work on my ability to adapt in new situations.
Pros
Not too challenging work
Cons
Not many shifts
Easy place to work in, very welcoming there
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW and Narellan NSW15 March 2019
A typical day for me was decanting the stock, fillings the shelves before the store opened, then packing it away into the back docks in the correct areas.
When the store opened I was to continue filling the shelves along with making sure my area of the store was tidy and there were no safety hazards.
Helping customers when I can, along with serving them at the checkouts when my assistance was needed.
The best part about the job was definitely the people that I met along the way. I wouldn't trade it for anything. They're so welcoming and kind.
Pros
career development
Great flexible job for students
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bass Hill NSW14 March 2019
I never dreaded a day going to work at Kmart. Great environment with a wide range of team members.
I learnt how to boost my confidence from an early age, how to communicate with customers, work as a team and reach daily goals.
Management was great at building relationships and prompting team members to do their best and improve.
The hardest part of the job was securing a steady income as it was a casual role. With over 150 team members working there at the one store, the roster isn't always the same on a week-to-week basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that is was quite easy and we were always given a different task to do each shift. I liked the flexibility of not always doing the same thing every day.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Unsteady Income
great first job and place to get some experience within the retail industry.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Helensvale QLD14 March 2019
management at Kmart is exceptional, every manger helps you work better as an individual. Everyone works together as a team. Kmart is a happy and productive work place and no day is ever the same.
productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cannington WA13 March 2019
was good for a casual job its great u meet alot of cool people, the customers can be intense sometimes but the managers are pretty chill and help out alot.
pretty good workplace depending on what sort of title you hold and where
team member (Current Employee) –  Batemans Bay NSW12 March 2019
kmart is focused on hitting a certain budget goal so they cut costs everywhere which inconveniences out-of-city casual/part time staff a lot. the bigger stores get a better budget so i assume it would be better there, and if you were to be a permanent staff member. The workplace culture is great with the night/weekend staff, but ive found during the weekdays it becomes much more bitter, (which i guess is somewhat understandable). the hardest part of the job is, if you are part time or casual, or not a teenager, maintaining shifts/getting consistant hours. the most enjoyable part of the job is probably the friends you make in other staff members and how much easier it makes your shopping trips, and you get gift card bonuses if you hit a certain sales goal which is pretty good
Pros
employee discount, mostly friendly staff, a lot of security comes with being with a large business, seeing products as they come out
Cons
only 5% discount, inconsistant hours sometimes
Good first job placement.
Customer service assistant, apparel team member (Former Employee) –  Albany WA11 March 2019
Kmart Australia is a great workplace for anyone want to get their first job. Lovely, friendly environment. Great to gain experience, to be able to gain knowledge across many different sectors. Such as customer service, merchandising, money handling.
Good fun environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW 214811 March 2019
Coworkers are easy to get along with which makes working in a team, easy and enjoyable. The environment is easy to work in with support from fellow team members and managers.
Pros
Calls ins
Cons
Too short shifts
Great starting base for customer service
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC11 March 2019
A great place to work, can be challenging at times with the different customers that come in daily but working alongside a easy going team makes it all the worthwile
Stressful hard work
Retail (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW9 March 2019
Hard work and labour is expected in a casual job, not very fun or desirable for most people. Expectations are hard to meet for those who work at the back dock.
Cons
Short hours, Poor management
Friendly work environment
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Endeavour Hills VIC9 March 2019
Great experience as i got to develop many skills, including customer service skills and communication skill. I have learnt to be more confident and communicate information to both employees and management team in regards to workplace tasks and issues.
Pros
Made great relationships with employees
Cons
No fixed working hours
Kmart is a good place to meet new people and get Moreno experience in the workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Bankstown NSW6 March 2019
I find Kmart to be a very good place to meet new people and be more interactive with customers more and it’s a good job if you want to have more experience
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
No shifts
Good
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batemans Bay NSW5 March 2019
Very good experience
good pay
Flexible
great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW5 March 2019
was fun and great experience. people were easy to get along with. managers were great. customers were good to serve. I learned allot art customer service and dealing with situations .
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC4 March 2019
Kmart was a fun workplace and you could make many friends, there were always jobs to be done and you were never doing nothing. Management changed and became quite slack but other than that the hours were pretty good, everyone was nice and fairly easy to get along with .
Pros
half price on clothing
Cons
management
KMart were a great place to learn a lot about retail.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mirrabooka WA4 March 2019
I appreciate the time I was with KMart, I learnt a lot, on the selling floor at checkouts and in the offices. I gained skills that have got me other jobs over the years.
Pros
Big company, lots of people to work with.
Cons
Big company, just a number.
Fun workplace
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS2 March 2019
great workplace with a mixture of young casuals and experienced part timers. being open 24/7 the work opportunities were flexible. however during school holidays the younger casuals were prioritised as they were cheaper
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K