Kmart Management reviews

Found 352 reviews matching the search See all 18,664 reviews
Production and enjoyable workplace.
Back of House / Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altona VIC19 March 2019
A typical day at Kmart would involve working within a group environment of approximately 6-8 people out the back of the store. As a team, we would work through pallets by unboxing and processing the stock, allowing it to be ready to fill by the workers on the floor.
The most enjoyable part of working at Kmart is the environment and the relaxed management team.
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
Job insecurity & lack of hours.
Great Place to Work
Retail Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 March 2019
Culture is really good and management really do care about you and your family. If you to the right thing by Kmart, they will look after you. A great place for young people to start work and gain experience with sales, retail, point of sale and customer service skills.
Pros
Treat you like part of the family
Cons
Can be repetitive, but you need to ask to be moved around to gain variety in other departments of the store.
Very good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Joondalup WA17 March 2019
It is a great place to work. Really friendly staff and great management. I did a variety of things some of which were: Resgister operator, Layby, Self-serve operator and finally door greeter. This variation in departments allowed me to work on my ability to adapt in new situations.
Pros
Not too challenging work
Cons
Not many shifts
Great flexible job for students
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bass Hill NSW14 March 2019
I never dreaded a day going to work at Kmart. Great environment with a wide range of team members.
I learnt how to boost my confidence from an early age, how to communicate with customers, work as a team and reach daily goals.
Management was great at building relationships and prompting team members to do their best and improve.
The hardest part of the job was securing a steady income as it was a casual role. With over 150 team members working there at the one store, the roster isn't always the same on a week-to-week basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that is was quite easy and we were always given a different task to do each shift. I liked the flexibility of not always doing the same thing every day.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Unsteady Income
great first job and place to get some experience within the retail industry.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Helensvale QLD14 March 2019
management at Kmart is exceptional, every manger helps you work better as an individual. Everyone works together as a team. Kmart is a happy and productive work place and no day is ever the same.
Stressful hard work
Retail (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW9 March 2019
Hard work and labour is expected in a casual job, not very fun or desirable for most people. Expectations are hard to meet for those who work at the back dock.
Cons
Short hours, Poor management
Friendly work environment
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Endeavour Hills VIC9 March 2019
Great experience as i got to develop many skills, including customer service skills and communication skill. I have learnt to be more confident and communicate information to both employees and management team in regards to workplace tasks and issues.
Pros
Made great relationships with employees
Cons
No fixed working hours
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moonee Ponds VIC4 March 2019
Kmart was a fun workplace and you could make many friends, there were always jobs to be done and you were never doing nothing. Management changed and became quite slack but other than that the hours were pretty good, everyone was nice and fairly easy to get along with .
Pros
half price on clothing
Cons
management
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altona North VIC25 February 2019
Great staff members and good management. Good hours, well organized. Got to learn new skills and great knowledge of retail. always room to learn more and gain more knowledge.
Decent first job
Kmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD23 February 2019
As I come from Mount Isa, the town isn't huge, but it isn't small either. The wages at Kmart there aren't great. There isn't any saturday wages, no after 6pm wages. It seems as if the wages are under legal amount. Management wasn't great either. Overall, decent first job, but could do better.
Pros
get to make lots of comrades.
Cons
wages suck
4 Stars Before, 1 Star Now.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurstville Westfield NSW19 February 2019
Working at this store was a great pleasure for many years, as it teaches you a lot about retail on a broad scale and how a large retail store runs. Managers treated you with respect and were thankful for your hard work and commitment to the store.

The staff are lovely and helpful people, some of the best people I've come across in the workplace. Management at the time was also great for many years.

However, in recent times, the store has brought in new strict procedures and a new management team. This has made the store a horrible place to work in, if you are a full-time or part time employee.

Management will treat you unfairly, over not reaching almost impossible goals set by higher ups in the company, over how much stock needs to be put out in small amounts of time. And if it does not get done, you will be told its not good enough and you will need to work harder.

The current management team for this store are heartless, mean and cruel in the way they talk to their staff. This needs to be addressed by higher ups, as staff members are constantly bullied and intimidated on a mental level.

The staff deserve much better for their hard work, commitment and positive attitude to this store, as its success has been driven by their friendly and hardworking attitude.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Cruel Management
Productive and fun workplace
Casual Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond VIC18 February 2019
Amazing workplace culture as most employees were of the same age as me making it easy to relate to them, however there were only minimal working hours and very strict working conditions despite being a casual worker.
Great first job
Retail (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 February 2019
The workplace culture is fantastic. Over 3 years at the company I have learnt time management and gained retail experience. The best part of the job is the variety, getting different tasks delegated each shift
Pros
Bonuses rewarded
Cons
Short shifts
Friendly environment to work in
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA12 February 2019
A normal work day would include fulfilling all the managers desires for the shift although there is inconsistency among the management and you may be told different things by varying people and there is a lack of communication among the store. Most workers are very friendly offering a polite hello to other staff and customers, however, some lack the knowledge to provide the customers with sufficient service therefore the customers are sometimes left unhappy. This may be knowledge that they are not supplied with during their training of their field of service or due to them not taking initiative to learn. Overall would recommend if you are willing to learn new things and enjoy helping out others.
Pros
Duration of breaks
Cons
Inconsistent managing
Not too bad
Unbox items and stock shelves (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW11 February 2019
Stingy about shifts why is it necessary to write 150 characters minimum, that’s whack. Honestly being white while the manager and most of the other staff are middle eastern they get all the shifts and I get 2 a week if I’m lucky.
kmart is ok
customer service (Current Employee) –  merrylands9 February 2019
management could have a bit of an upgrade as currently they are unfair to the hard working casuals. however the co-workers are people who you would consider friends for life as you go through many experiences together. the work environment is considered ok to a certain extent as depending on management on that day determines your experience that shift.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
fun workplace
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD8 February 2019
typical day at work would be always about time management, to make sure we're not running behind schedule, but throughout the day it would always be full of laughter
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
not even hours throughout the week
great workplace
Kmart Team Member (Former Employee) –  Queanbeyan NSW3 February 2019
great management, lovely staff, great environment.
great retail experience, many opportunities to further yourself and move further up in the industry
productive and fun environment
Casual Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW28 January 2019
Absolutely enjoy working at Kmart! everyone is easy to get along with, helpful and hard working.
I learnt a lot at kmart! really good management, flexible hours and easy to learn tasks.
Working at Kmart
Customer Service / checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD24 January 2019
I've learnt a lot at Kmart. I've always wanted to be a checkout person and that's what they have taught me to do and I'm very happy with that. that's reason why I love retail.

management was okay.

The hard part is keeping up to date with markdowns.

I enjoy my time being a checkout chick.
Pros
Not Sure
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K