Kmart

Kmart

Kmart Employee Review

Great experience

Always felt like a family working for kmart. Enjoyed my time there. Great leaders and staff. Lots of learning opportunities and great teamwork and work life balance.

terrible management, good pat

i worked in a kmart store in the logan area and the management team were horrific from the get-go. the way your shift played out would depend on what managers were on, they did not communicate with each other and all had different expectations of what were to happen. training was minimal and if u did something not completely right or asked to be taught how to do a part of your role, they would just get impatient and mad. i do not regret leaving as the management team treated most people very poorly, they only spoke down to us.
Same role

It's ok when you are young

Depending on where you work it can either be horrible or ok. I've been working at kmart for just over 3 years and for the first year and a half it was a pretty good place to work but then we got budget cuts and everything seemed to go downhill from there. We are constantly understaffed and the rostering is so wack, you never really know what you will get. Sometimes i work 25 hours in a week and sometimes i only get 8 hours. Scos, checkouts and service desk are the most stressful things to work on ever. Scos is so busy and no one seems to ever want to help, sometimes even the managers don't help. I have asked to be put on different sections of the store and I never get rostered on anywhere else but scos or desk which is really annoying. This might not be everywhere but once you stay on something for a while you kinda just stay there until you refuse to work it. Some managers are so rude and genuinely do not care about your problems and some managers are the literal sun and are amazing. You kind of really need to be friends with your managers and coworkers so that you can get more shifts. Overall its a pretty good first job but as you get older you get less shifts unless you are friends with the mangers. Benefits are terrible actually, I went about a year I think without any bonus even though we are supposed to get one every 3 months and some of ur bonus is determined by how well other employees can look after things.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Either long or barely any hours, People not being trained properly
Same role

Good place to work some times fun

Good place to work must have patience relating to some management and staff and customers. Work load is manageable if you don’t have to answer phone calls help put stock in customer car and answer price checks and assist customers and do everything else On your own and if management listen to pa calls and hear all the calls customer servise staff are doing and then won’t have to ask team member why there dusting or duteties are not finshed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kmart with