Komatsu
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Komatsu Employee Reviews

Was a good place to work with all the gear that was needed. Learnt some new techniques and the correct OEM way to do repairs. Overall it was a great safe workshop
They pick and choose who there favourites are put people up into leading hand jobs but the person ain't even trained but cause there people are ther favorite they get away with it very poor management.
Cons
I worked at Komatsu for 23, years The management and staff were very professional. I worked in the rebuild workshop in a administrator role. Mainly data entry of times for patrol job costing invoicing purchasing and many varied office duties.
Pros
Professional
Cons
time management
Bad management.Dont listen. Power hungry.This is just some of the things i went through when i was working there.One man there is out of control with power and never listen.Dont waste your time with this man and Komatsu.
I loved working there but unfortunately an employee who was on maternity leave came back and took over my role. The employees, including management, were extremely friendly and professional. It was one of the best companies I have worked at in my career and would not hesitate returning should a position that suited my skill set became available.
If you work hard I’ll keep you on your work ethic is important You need to be able to be versatile to work in a bunch of different areas when you’re working casually as they may move you around but if you work hard enough you’ll see the reward for salary means working Saturday mornings as well
The workers are a good bunch of people. But the management needs to be reviewed. You are not recognised for your abilities or experience. You can only advance in the company if you are a friend or relative of the management team. There are no incentives for the workers, and any productive thoughts form the shop floor are not listened to or recognised
I have improved on my Excel skills as I adjusted to more work and reporting requirements from management Management is very supportive of progressive changes Work culture is very demanding and requires constant adaptation to new processes and systems. Hardest part of my role was to adjust to the many cross accounting systems Komatsu used and when changes were made. Most enjoyable part of my role was the friendly environment and working with employees who were very dedicated to make Komatsu successful.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Too many system
Komatsu Australia is by far the best company to work for with the best management ever. The only reason why I left Komatsu was that there was a resession 2008 and 2009. All the contractors was laid of from the mines and our contract was one. Very sad story those days.
Pros
Excellent company.
Cons
Meeting with all people especailly the new drivers all the time. Learned and started to drive high reach forks. Management always talk to you and understand and explain anything you not sure. Everyone all so friendly towards each other and they all have breaks together and talk. Never found anything that ever seemed hard ,all part of day's work. Get to work every day on time ,work safely and come back home to family alive.
this was one of the best work expirinces that I have had even though some of the people there where unforgiving it was awesome working on mining trucks and they kept there workshop clean as a whistle and there safety ethics worked very well
Cons
40 hours a week
I worked for P&H and Joy Global who later became Komatsu under the company acquisition. So really I cannot make any review on Komatsu, however, I can say is if they operate similarly to P&H and Joy Global then I would assume they would be a good company to work for.
Pros
Opportunites to be promoted or work around other places around the World
Cons
None I can think of
Whilst gaining some work experience at Komatsu the team are very nice and friendly. They are helpful and very welcoming. They are very onto their PPE gear which is important when working around all shapes and sizes of machinery.
The company I work for has a strong culture in safety. Its a welcoming thought that with all the policies and procedures in place it help guides me through may day to day activities. Brings me home safe to my family.
People are supportive and friendly. Company supports their employees and provide opportunity to progress and better in your role. Love learning new things and the opportunity was always there Loved going to work and be part of a team
A Typical day at work it would be very busy and enjoyable all staff where well trained and we had new courses from time to time Management where all very good with there teams workplace culture I liked working with a great team of people very good the hardest part of the job was when we had no stock to proved the customer the most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and working with a great team
This junior part-time role allowed me time to settle my daughter into her new life in Australia. The hours was just what I needed at the time in my life.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Job Security
Busy environment as I work alone. Daily meetings as I report to middle management. Reports and parts ordering are a priority. Strong support role no such thing as 'quiet'.
Pros
can work from home anytime
Cons
not paid enough
Busy role with expediting of parts, back orders, daily meetings with management and reporting. Reports for EOM, liaising with overseas employees and dealing with delivery and freight companies can be challenging at times but always manage to find a solution. Always working on my own.
Pros
can work from home anytime
Cons
not enough communication
Was Located at Dandenong branch 80% at branch 20% Customer Visits, most of my sales came from cold calling customer. Had great customers who I have built a great relationship which I will hold for a very long time.
Pros
Enternaning Customers
Cons
I never account for time while aat work. Meeting my target was important.
I didn't enjoy this job as much as I enjoy working in aviation. It was boring work. I really like working in the aviation industry.
  1. Employee Reviews