Komatsu
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Komatsu Employee Reviews

Australia51 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Good people and good culture

Komatsu has been running for 100 years and is still doing very well. If a job turns up you are qualified for I recommend applying for it. There are more people with over 20 years service than anywhere else I have seen

Pros

Great people

Cons

Upper management

Toxic environment

If you want to see how the reputation of a global brand can be tarnished to unimaginable proportions, look no further - Komatsu Fairfield is the place.Extremely toxic environment, where, who you know matters more than what you know.Merit has zero value & seeing undeserving people holding positions they are not even qualified to hold is only to be expected.Personal likes and dislikes is the norm. No real concern for employees safety, it is just used as a tool to target people who they want to get rid off - not necessarily the underperforming ones but those they personally dislike. The cons outweigh the pros which are great products.

Pros

Great products.

Cons

Toxic environment, stressful, poor management and everything else!!

Learnt how to operate the machines with a spotter, knowing the parts of the machinery, washing the machines, great communication, a friendly workplace

Great fun place to work

I worked there for nearly 5 years and met some amazing people. Very down to earth culture and I would recommend it.They are very good to staff, their IT system was up to date when I was there. I was on their social club committee so we arranged various activities.

People was good

They pick and choose who there favourites are put people up into leading hand jobs but the person ain't even trained but cause there people are ther favorite they get away with it very poor management.

Cons

A very pleasant experience working with Komatsu. People very friendly and helpful

I worked at Komatsu for 23, years The management and staff were very professional. I worked in the rebuild workshop in a administrator role. Mainly data entry of times for patrol job costing invoicing purchasing and many varied office duties.

Pros

Professional

Cons

time management

Dont waste your time with Komatsu

Bad management.Dont listen. Power hungry.This is just some of the things i went through when i was working there.One man there is out of control with power and never listen.Dont waste your time with this man and Komatsu.

I worked only 1 day per week on reception and would fill in when the permanent receptionist took personal leave.

I loved working there but unfortunately an employee who was on maternity leave came back and took over my role. The employees, including management, were extremely friendly and professional. It was one of the best companies I have worked at in my career and would not hesitate returning should a position that suited my skill set became available.

Casual Position

If you work hard I’ll keep you on your work ethic is important You need to be able to be versatile to work in a bunch of different areas when you’re working casually as they may move you around but if you work hard enough you’ll see the reward for salary means working Saturday mornings as well

Good bunch of guys

Was a good place to work with all the gear that was needed. Learnt some new techniques and the correct OEM way to do repairs. Overall it was a great safe workshop

Toxic Culture from Management

The workers are a good bunch of people. But the management needs to be reviewed. You are not recognised for your abilities or experience. You can only advance in the company if you are a friend or relative of the management team. There are no incentives for the workers, and any productive thoughts form the shop floor are not listened to or recognised

Progressive company with constant change reliable employer

I have improved on my Excel skills as I adjusted to more work and reporting requirements from management Management is very supportive of progressive changes Work culture is very demanding and requires constant adaptation to new processes and systems. Hardest part of my role was to adjust to the many cross accounting systems Komatsu used and when changes were made. Most enjoyable part of my role was the friendly environment and working with employees who were very dedicated to make Komatsu successful.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Too many system

Awesome workplace.

Komatsu Australia is by far the best company to work for with the best management ever. The only reason why I left Komatsu was that there was a resession 2008 and 2009. All the contractors was laid of from the mines and our contract was one. Very sad story those days.

Pros

Excellent company.

Cons

Productive and punctual and love working

Meeting with all people especailly the new drivers all the time. Learned and started to drive high reach forks. Management always talk to you and understand and explain anything you not sure. Everyone all so friendly towards each other and they all have breaks together and talk. Never found anything that ever seemed hard ,all part of day's work. Get to work every day on time ,work safely and come back home to family alive.

clean and ificent

this was one of the best work expirinces that I have had even though some of the people there where unforgiving it was awesome working on mining trucks and they kept there workshop clean as a whistle and there safety ethics worked very well

Cons

40 hours a week

A great company to work for with lots of opportunities

I worked for P&H and Joy Global who later became Komatsu under the company acquisition. So really I cannot make any review on Komatsu, however, I can say is if they operate similarly to P&H and Joy Global then I would assume they would be a good company to work for.

Pros

Opportunites to be promoted or work around other places around the World

Cons

None I can think of

Nice friendly team

Whilst gaining some work experience at Komatsu the team are very nice and friendly. They are helpful and very welcoming. They are very onto their PPE gear which is important when working around all shapes and sizes of machinery.

Outdoor work

The company I work for has a strong culture in safety. Its a welcoming thought that with all the policies and procedures in place it help guides me through may day to day activities. Brings me home safe to my family.

Great company to work for

People are supportive and friendly. Company supports their employees and provide opportunity to progress and better in your role. Love learning new things and the opportunity was always there Loved going to work and be part of a team

i enjoy working fulltime with a great team

A Typical day at work it would be very busy and enjoyable all staff where well trained and we had new courses from time to time Management where all very good with there teams workplace culture I liked working with a great team of people very good the hardest part of the job was when we had no stock to proved the customer the most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and working with a great team

Receptionist

This junior part-time role allowed me time to settle my daughter into her new life in Australia. The hours was just what I needed at the time in my life.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Komatsu. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Komatsu