Komatsu Employee Reviews

Productive and punctual and love working
Warehouse cordinator / forklift driver. (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 December 2017
Meeting with all people especailly the new drivers all the time.
Learned and started to drive high reach forks.
Management always talk to you and understand and explain anything you not sure.
Everyone all so friendly towards each other and they all have breaks together and talk.
Never found anything that ever seemed hard ,all part of day's work.
Get to work every day on time ,work safely and come back home to family alive.
clean and ificent
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 September 2017
this was one of the best work expirinces that I have had even though some of the people there where unforgiving it was awesome working on mining trucks and they kept there workshop clean as a whistle and there safety ethics worked very well
Cons
40 hours a week
A great company to work for with lots of opportunities
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rutherford NSW26 July 2017
I worked for P&H and Joy Global who later became Komatsu under the company acquisition. So really I cannot make any review on Komatsu, however, I can say is if they operate similarly to P&H and Joy Global then I would assume they would be a good company to work for.
Pros
Opportunites to be promoted or work around other places around the World
Cons
None I can think of
Nice friendly team
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD2 July 2017
Whilst gaining some work experience at Komatsu the team are very nice and friendly. They are helpful and very welcoming. They are very onto their PPE gear which is important when working around all shapes and sizes of machinery.
Outdoor work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cadia NSW5 June 2017
The company I work for has a strong culture in safety. Its a welcoming thought that with all the policies and procedures in place it help guides me through may day to day activities. Brings me home safe to my family.
Great company to work for
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD3 May 2017
People are supportive and friendly.
Company supports their employees and provide opportunity to progress and better in your role.
Love learning new things and the opportunity was always there
Loved going to work and be part of a team
i enjoy working fulltime with a great team
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Whelshpool WA22 March 2017
A Typical day at work it would be very busy and enjoyable
all staff where well trained and we had new courses from time to time
Management where all very good with there teams
workplace culture I liked working with a great team of people very good
the hardest part of the job was when we had no stock to proved the customer
the most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and working with a great team
Receptionist
Reception / Admin Assistant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Campbellfield VIC6 February 2017
This junior part-time role allowed me time to settle my daughter into her new life in Australia. The hours was just what I needed at the time in my life.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Job Security
Always busy
Accounts (Current Employee) –  Wacol QLD5 February 2017
Busy environment as I work alone. Daily meetings as I report to middle management. Reports and parts ordering are a priority. Strong support role no such thing as 'quiet'.
Pros
can work from home anytime
Cons
not paid enough
Work life balance
Expediter Officer (Current Employee) –  Richlands QLD5 February 2017
Busy role with expediting of parts, back orders, daily meetings with management and reporting. Reports for EOM, liaising with overseas employees and dealing with delivery and freight companies can be challenging at times but always manage to find a solution. Always working on my own.
Pros
can work from home anytime
Cons
not enough communication
Great Customers, Great job profile
Customer Support Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC21 September 2016
Was Located at Dandenong branch 80% at branch 20% Customer Visits, most of my sales came from cold calling customer.

Had great customers who I have built a great relationship which I will hold for a very long time.
Pros
Enternaning Customers
Cons
I never account for time while aat work. Meeting my target was important.
Stripping wheel motors from mining trucks
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 July 2016
I didn't enjoy this job as much as I enjoy working in aviation. It was boring work. I really like working in the aviation industry.
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA10 June 2016
People that worked with me were some of the best and funnest to work with. learned a lot about how to be a storeman. this was like in year 10 though
Productive and fun work environment
Executive Assistant / National Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 March 2016
Productive, caring, family atmosphere.
Hard working group of people that will always go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
Nothing is too difficult or hard.
Continuous improvement and changes happening and staff have the ability to adapt to suit market demands.
Management have an open door policy and are open to suggestions and willing to embrace and implement proposals by subordinates.
Hardest part of job is loosing contracts.
Most enjoyable part is working hard and still having fun.
Pros
Attending non-work related functions and participation in fund raising activities
Cons
Down sizing due to the current economic market
ok to work for
Field service fitter (Current Employee) –  Bassendean, WA16 January 2016
not much to say about joy, field service is ok but need more stability. people feel insecure and you never have managers backup when needed
Pros
big company
Cons
only a number
No confidence in Management ethics and very poor moral as a consiquense.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA12 January 2016
Until the change in management 3 years ago, great place to work and would of recommended my own kids to start there, but sadly not now with the current management regime in place.
I had a greadt experience at this company
Design Engineering Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW2 December 2015
approval for customisations on excavators
co-workers from different parts of the world
learned Auto CAD
respectful people
Work here if you plan on staying till retirement. Stay away young ambitious types!
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane3 October 2015
Good, friendly and happy people with a great work life balance. If you want to do the same role and not step outside of your comfort zone this is your company, strong job security for salaried staff!

Excellent opportunities for career progression if you are willing to change department, country or role completely, otherwise be prepared to wait until the person above you retires (i.e. never).

Reasonable salaries offered that are just below market rate, typically receive a nominal pay rise and small bonus every year. No intangible benefits to speak of.

If you are in a visible position like sales and are performing well, promotion and praise will befall you from up high (the elevator is waiting for you). Just please don't forget your team that actually got the work done, when you get promoted.

The Engineering department is held in very high regard and has a lot of influence, which is great if you are an Engineer!

The newer offices are amazing, there are many of them scattered around the world, so you can move around relatively easily. All other offices are old and outdated with almost no facilities (zero lunchrooms, showers, lighting or space etc).

Company relentlessly seeks out financial growth and new acquisitions into new markets, this offers many interesting opportunities for personal growth.

Honestly it is a decent place to work for many years, it just suffers from the same problems that most large companies face.

Hierarchy like you would not believe, procedures that never end and a metric ton of bureaucracy! Be prepared for being told not what to do
  more... repeatedly and how to do it the way it has always been done (even if it could save the company and you time and a lot of money).

Company is very top heavy, there are many middle managers that get squeezed from above and below to perform. Unfortunately for them, they do not typically have the ability to influence meaningful institutional change. It is therefore difficult to garner "ground swell" for new ideas or innovative initiatives, if it does not match corporates focus.

Company is directed heavily by upper management through endless slideshows and externally prepared market studies (often by headquarters in a faraway country), this results in regional offices being bombarded with yearly goals and targets that do not align with the local market or the dynamics of that particular office.

Extremely departmentalized with specifically defined roles and boundaries that do not allow over achievers or those with marginal personality types to perform. Decisions are made almost exclusively on the opinion of the highest paid person i.e. "HiPPO's".

Recent changes to a product based hierarchy, have been a step in the right direction. This will hopefully reduce the silo'd nature of the business and the department infighting (for resources and accountability). The reporting structure is still however complex, unclear and extremely convoluted.

This departmentalisation means that there are sweeping differences between the unwritten policies for each office e.g. some are flexible with when you leave or arrive and others are not (regardless of the actual amount of time worked).

Endless meetings and meeting to prepare for meetings. Mostly to prepare presentations to upper managment that mask the truth and show how busy others are.

Yearly performance reviews are unclear, formulative, dry and take up too much time. They do not provide effective feedback or direction when needed.

Some great long term "OpEx" initiatives in place that appear to be working to reduce costs and complexity, but as they are driven heavily by management they get bogged down and take much longer than they should (especially when implementing changes).

Racial and age diversity is reasonable for all except anyone in a management role. The "Old Boys Club" ensures that almost all managers are white, male, middle aged christians.

Very little training offered other than sanctioned "package" courses on the intranet. These are not however effective or informative. Some internal training courses are offered, but only to those that are hand picked by management (good luck getting on one...)

Your worth is valued purely by the time that you work and the boats that you do *not* rock. If you want to go anywhere, be prepared for very long hours and have a poor work/life balance.
Great experience for first job working in construction
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW7 September 2015
My position was a demanding Document Controller working on the Queensland GLNG project. I would have contact with various contractor regarding procedure, drawings, updates which I was responsible for ensuring all document out on the construction field were correct. My responsibility covered over and upto 25 locations across the site.
Pros
Great experience for working in the construction industry
Cons
Being away from grown children and grand chidren
Good place to work , due to kind staff.
Customer Support Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Campbellfield, VIC17 August 2015
When I worked for Komatsu my typical day at work would be contacting customers daily , preparing repair quotes, preparing service agreements, allocating jobs to mechanics on the road, handling customer complaints and selling U/C parts for all our excavators, loaders, dozers and skid steers.
Pros
we would have a monthly BBQ.
Cons
Over management of all staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Komatsu. Our community is ready to answer.