KONE Employee Reviews

Unstable mid and top level management
Business Consultant - Modernisation Solution (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 December 2018
Very unstable top management. Lacks decision making moves.
Very high attrition due to poor management. No formal training which makes it even harder to discharge.
Overall not a great place to work.
Below
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 April 2018
Started work their repairing lift equipment & installing new lifts & escalators then advanced to warehouse management, involving repairing of tooling ordering new equipment with a monthly company credit card of $7000 organizing deliveries to job sites & deliveries to country areas & interstate
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
Dealing with construction sites large & small
Productive and fun working place
BUSINESS SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Alexandria NSW1 February 2017
Freindly and professional enviornment to work.
Good management support, career progression.
Have learned a lot like time management, dealing with customers, working under pressure
Fun work environment and professional workplace for working.
Central Administration Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 May 2016
It is the first formal company in my career after my graduation, so the experience in this company was quite remarkable. I learned how to act professionally, familiar with work environment, perform every task with highly attention to details, tried to become a problem solver and independent worker while being flexible with other co-workers. It shaped my vision for my future jobs and make me a better employee for any company.
Decent products and services but lousy management and morale
Elevator Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT12 April 2016
At KONE you can work in service, installation, sales or various degrees of supervisor. If you like to be a bit technical and enjoy dealing with customers, then elevators might be the place for you.

Unless you are really lucky, you will not get a great deal of technical training and will need to learn most of it through reading equipment documentation on site or asking your co-workers. Management steer training to less interesting things like how workers can make management reporting easier, reducing downtime and the usual obligatory WH&S talks.

Every department in this organisation remains in its own silo with a self-interested manager in charge, there is no such thing as the entire organisation working together. An ingrained culture or "that's not our problem" or "if they get the work, then that's less money for me and my area will look bad" thrives, so employees get punished if they choose to help a fellow employee from another area.

The actual workers are a pretty decent bunch of guys, although most of them are sick of complaining about the way the company has evolved and have pretty much given up, they just come to work to get paid and don't care if everything falls apart because at some point "they told you this was going to happen".
Pros
Decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Not much room for career progression and next to no recognition when work is done well, they like to focus on negative events.
productive workplace, great management and work enviroment
trades assistant (Current Employee) –  perth WA8 September 2015
The time i've spent working for KONE elevators has been nothing but great. The people you work with take time to teach you and guide you, the hours are great and management looks after you. I have nothing bad to say about KONE at all.
good management
Senior Elevator Troubleshooter (Current Employee) –  Melbourne CBD17 June 2014
attending elevator breakdowns and releasing of trapped passengers. Maintenance of DC/AC hoist motors and control equipment.