Kordia Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Kordia Solutions Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
I learnt a lot during my time at Kordia. The business underwent a lot of change during my tenure and are well positioned for success in the future. I only wish I could continue to be a part of it.
good place to work, people are professional and helpful. Manager is understanding.Working to tight time scale is achievable. Training is relevant to the job specification.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
Fast pace, productive and enjoyable environment. Great people to work with. Have to be ready and open to constant changes and challenges. Great opportunities to learn on the go.
I am very fortunate that I was able to work across multiple business units and meet so many of the wonderful people that work at Kordia. There is opportunity for career development and the overall culture is positive and collaborative.
Pros
So many good people- fast paced work environment
Is a growing organisation with a friendly and flexible work environment. management is great with a high focus on work life balance and WHS. Am happy to recommend this organisation.
The day was yours to plan, very flexible allowing for an excellent work - life balance.
The demands were very high but the remuneration was excellent plus you were allowed to work from home on occasions.
Use to be great.
Field staff you are looking at 30 dollars to 36 dollars.

Payments are never missed.

Penalty rates are there but not enough.

A lot of deployment work.. expect sweet and dirt.
Pros
Work is there.
Cons
Low rates
Kordia were a good company to work for, they were unfortunately in a location that didn't suit me travel to and from work was too difficult.
I was again seen as an achiever which was rewarded
Pros
a job
Cons
location of the business
Immigrants are paid the absolute minimum to work overnight in retrofit projects. No perks and treated like cattle. Long hours and no penalty rates. Very short breaks. Horrid working conditions.
Pros
Cons
As per review
We have a good team but the pay is very low compared to other companies, the company doesn't look after its employees and the moral is very low. but i have high hopes for the future of the company
Good company to work for, flexible on work life balance. My project finish so unfortunately no further work available. But would work for them again in the future.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Contract Work
I would not recommend anyone work for this company at this time. Company restructure is main cause of uncertainty along with many redundancies.
Simple as it gets. They do not pay enough for the risk of work that you encounter.

Junior rigger position is on a apprenticeship wage , or McDonald's wage? Whatever you want to call it
Pros
Full time
Cons
Weird hours, low pay
I was able to develop a close working relationship with the field team I was the administrator for. Our team meetings were always a relaxed affair that I enjoyed being a part of.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
No job advancement
I learned the various terms in telecommunication engineering while preparing my duties.

most enjoyable part to learn the new skills in communication sector.

good working culture
Pros
Free lunches, excellent work culture
Cons
long hours ( sometime)
I thoroughly enjoy working for Kordia.

I currently work on the APLNG project in western QLD.

They have several interesting projects on the go at the moment with a good chance of progression.
Communications are greatly lacking and no real coordination effort for rollout assignments from client.
Tho this is mostly from the clients side.
Enjoy supporting onsite work with Field Technician and performed troubleshooting in the Switch room. Requesting accesses can take months even years.

Kordia Solutions did their best to look after their employee(s).
The most recent role as State Field Supervisor for Kordia Soloutions involved the building & coordination of [Fresh/Green] 6 field teams across the state. Reporting back to the national management team I was responsible for a financially viable outcome that would meet client expectations. This was achieved by thorough pre-site inspections, engaging and motivating [new to the industry Riggers] individuals/teams whilst ensuring corporate practices were adhered to.[A real challenge].

As a business owner I have the diversity of being the facilitator responsible for outcomes with stakeholders being my client, 3rd party resources and the end users.
Pros
Professional enviroment
Cons
National financial re-structure
day to day management of staff and making sure all scheduled workloads were met and delivered to SLA,s
systems are critical to emerging companies with high volumes of work

more management of high level needed

all co workers were inline with company policy and managed accordingly

my goals were to manage high volumes of workload and to make sure all the staff were well trained in OH&S and to live and die by it

was to train and empower staff
Pros
had theavailability to recruit and empower
Cons
budgetery restraints
Good company to work for, unable to relocate to other workstream when Telstra contract cancelled.