KPMG
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KPMG Employee Reviews

Australia63 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 63 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,280 reviews

Competitive work environment, good bonus/incentive structure

As a contractor, there is not a lot of job security. However, good work environment with lots of young and ambitious workforce. Fast paced and agile, lots of learning. Competitive pay.

Pros

Bonus structure

Cons

Work life balance isn't great

Onboarding sucked and not appreciated

From the day I first started at KPMG, I have had ongoing issues with various access to programs and specific data points, which I was assured was supposed to be sorted out once I had signed my contract the week earlier. I have been there for months now, and still have ongoing issues with access and am reprimanded for not inputting the data when I don't have the access to be able to do that in the first place. I have constantly contacted IT and managers trying to sort everything out, but get brushed off and told it has been put on the backburner for someone else to sort out. Staff who have started after me have had any issues they raised sorted within a few days, but it has been months for me and nothing.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No access to essential data/programs, salary and pay rises are not great, different standards with managers for quality assurance checks

Productive fun enviroment

I done 2 weeks work experience and would have loved to have been working there still today! It was confronting but also a great experience for someone who is not used to the busy city life to get used to.

Pros

Everyone is down to earth and easy to get along with

Cons

Busy location

Best Employer

Hard-working people who understand work and family life balance. Great culture and many activities to be involved with.Would return in a heartbeat.Only left due to Covid19 redundancy.My area was credit control for three different areas.I worked from home most days and in the office for meetings and mail.Communicated with clients around the world and arranged collections of bad debt via a law firm.

Pros

Lots of food

Cons

NIL for me

Poor management run buy inexperienced Partners

Unfortunately anyone can become a Partner at this firm and this is the problem from a management perspective, as most have very little management or real life experience working in industry. As a result depth of knowledge and people experience is very limited.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Cut throat

It was a good culture until we had to work from home

Great to begin with then downhill when we had to work from home. Given misleading directions by manager ending with being let go after six months due to the PA's not having enough work to do now we were in the Pandemic and working from home. I was told by my manager that I was not going to be replaced.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Not enough communication, unfair feedback, lack of direction

Horrible,one sided organisation

They talk about culture and values but it’s just lip service. They have no qualms about changing the conditions of employment, 20% paycut due to COVID, changing pay from fortnightly to monthly. As for performance reviews, it’s just a crock. They only want staff to be as an effective rating. Nothing higher. In fact these faceless men sit around a table to do everything to not acknowledge higher performing individuals

Pros

Great name in the marketplace

Cons

All one way

Exceptional company

Inclusive, collaborative and agile work environment. Incredibly talented people to work alongside. I always felt supported and challenged in a constructive way to pursue my ideas. This company stands above the rest in professionalism, management and service for its clients.

Not a workplace I would recommend

The absolute worst working culture that I have ever experienced. The workload was extreme, role was disorganised and expectations were completely unrealistic. The ppl were unfriendly and attitudes were poor. I left there without a job to go to but it was the best feeling knowing I would not be setting foot in that place again. I was in a Manager role and I feel sorry for those entry level ppl who are worker like animals for minimal pay.

Pros

Good induction process, nice office view

Cons

Poor management, extreme hours and workload

Fast paced, Collaborative environment, Nice people, KPI driven.

Great people to work with. Reduction in salary after contract signed without notification during interview process. Fast paced environment without adequate training.

Internship

It was an online internship so the flexibility was there. I went at my own pace and was taught a lot of things about data analytics. Overall it was a positive experience.

Competitive and fast

Well know brand, good career progression opportunities, little work life balance, competitive culture, great team work, no routine, people around you can learn from

Brilliant company

Supportive Progressive Excellent leadership Fast-paced Good clients Good Technolgy Good teams Knowledge Good business support Lots of IP Connected to client challenges

Productive and fun, good culture, management support, good problems to solve in credit risk.. work from home, nice people.. nice culture.. brand name , recognition

Not a great place for career advancement

It be honest it depends where in the firm you land. Other service lines offer great progress and flexibility. Others have great team building and offsite events.

Learn how NOT to manage a business.

Management don’t practice what they preach. Many partners are not competent as business managers and are dismissive of those with more experience, knowledge or ability - will avoid making decisions. Claims to be big on diversity and inclusiveness. Really only apples If you are a minority group. Promotion to manager and above is base on gender, colour and personal background and not performance. In 25 years of high performance and acknowledge by others as one of the best they have ever worked for, I have never been so excluded and dismissed for suggesting innovative and new approaches.

Amazing experience

KPMG gave me exposure to industry problems and matching them with the latest industry innovations. I worked with industry leaders, allowing me to learn from the best.

Pros

Great opportunities

Informative guidance

The guidance to do the task is really informative. It gives me useful information to think about how to start my task and what kind of tools I can use.

Productive and great work-life balance

A typical day at work involved running key initiatives from Junior Advisory Board and engaging key stakeholders for fin-tech platform which I managed.

Pros

Amazing office in Australia

Cons

Lot's of weekend work

Love the place

I love working with KPMG, wanted to test my skills and prove myself at other workplaces. The office environment is good, work life balance. Interested to work with others

Great place to launch career

Good place to start a professional services career, good benefits and environment, bad management and weak leadership may be a hindrance to work and career advancement, firm is not forward thinking as a whole compared to other Big4

Pros

New office

Cons

Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• KPMG