KPMG
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

KPMG Employee Reviews

Hard-working people who understand work and family life balance. Great culture and many activities to be involved with.Would return in a heartbeat.Only left due to Covid19 redundancy.My area was credit control for three different areas.I worked from home most days and in the office for meetings and mail.Communicated with clients around the world and arranged collections of bad debt via a law firm.
Pros
Lots of food
Cons
NIL for me
Unfortunately anyone can become a Partner at this firm and this is the problem from a management perspective, as most have very little management or real life experience working in industry. As a result depth of knowledge and people experience is very limited.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Cut throat
Great to begin with then downhill when we had to work from home. Given misleading directions by manager ending with being let go after six months due to the PA's not having enough work to do now we were in the Pandemic and working from home. I was told by my manager that I was not going to be replaced.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not enough communication, unfair feedback, lack of direction
They talk about culture and values but it’s just lip service. They have no qualms about changing the conditions of employment, 20% paycut due to COVID, changing pay from fortnightly to monthly. As for performance reviews, it’s just a crock. They only want staff to be as an effective rating. Nothing higher. In fact these faceless men sit around a table to do everything to not acknowledge higher performing individuals
Pros
Great name in the marketplace
Cons
All one way
Inclusive, collaborative and agile work environment. Incredibly talented people to work alongside. I always felt supported and challenged in a constructive way to pursue my ideas. This company stands above the rest in professionalism, management and service for its clients.
The absolute worst working culture that I have ever experienced. The workload was extreme, role was disorganised and expectations were completely unrealistic. The ppl were unfriendly and attitudes were poor. I left there without a job to go to but it was the best feeling knowing I would not be setting foot in that place again. I was in a Manager role and I feel sorry for those entry level ppl who are worker like animals for minimal pay.
Pros
Good induction process, nice office view
Cons
Poor management, extreme hours and workload
Great people to work with. Reduction in salary after contract signed without notification during interview process. Fast paced environment without adequate training.
It was an online internship so the flexibility was there. I went at my own pace and was taught a lot of things about data analytics. Overall it was a positive experience.
Well know brand, good career progression opportunities, little work life balance, competitive culture, great team work, no routine, people around you can learn from
Supportive Progressive Excellent leadership Fast-paced Good clients Good Technolgy Good teams Knowledge Good business support Lots of IP Connected to client challenges
Productive and fun, good culture, management support, good problems to solve in credit risk.. work from home, nice people.. nice culture.. brand name , recognition
It be honest it depends where in the firm you land. Other service lines offer great progress and flexibility. Others have great team building and offsite events.
Management don’t practice what they preach. Many partners are not competent as business managers and are dismissive of those with more experience, knowledge or ability - will avoid making decisions. Claims to be big on diversity and inclusiveness. Really only apples If you are a minority group. Promotion to manager and above is base on gender, colour and personal background and not performance. In 25 years of high performance and acknowledge by others as one of the best they have ever worked for, I have never been so excluded and dismissed for suggesting innovative and new approaches.
KPMG gave me exposure to industry problems and matching them with the latest industry innovations. I worked with industry leaders, allowing me to learn from the best.
Pros
Great opportunities
The guidance to do the task is really informative. It gives me useful information to think about how to start my task and what kind of tools I can use.
A typical day at work involved running key initiatives from Junior Advisory Board and engaging key stakeholders for fin-tech platform which I managed.
Pros
Amazing office in Australia
Cons
Lot's of weekend work
I love working with KPMG, wanted to test my skills and prove myself at other workplaces. The office environment is good, work life balance. Interested to work with others
Good place to start a professional services career, good benefits and environment, bad management and weak leadership may be a hindrance to work and career advancement, firm is not forward thinking as a whole compared to other Big4
Pros
New office
Cons
Bad management
Very busy but super productive. Excellent professional structure for learning and career growth. Major clients and industries mean high demand for top attitude and behaviour.
Pros
Supportive environment, structured progression and reward scheme, very enjoyable workplace.
Cons
Long hours, but i really don't mind because it's worth it.
Enjoy the atmosphere and the wonderful staff I work with. Management is understanding of personal needs and the needs of my family. Excellent potential for job advancement.
Pros
nice work life balance
Cons
Other people do long hours - future long hours
It was good. It was nice. It culture biytr very difficult. people. tough life. equal to death. dont know what to , help me please. worst job ever in life
  1. Employee Reviews