Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

KPMG Employee Reviews

Australia55 reviews
Great people to work with. Reduction in salary after contract signed without notification during interview process. Fast paced environment without adequate training.
The absolute worst working culture that I have ever experienced. The workload was extreme, role was disorganised and expectations were completely unrealistic. The ppl were unfriendly and attitudes were poor. I left there without a job to go to but it was the best feeling knowing I would not be setting foot in that place again. I was in a Manager role and I feel sorry for those entry level ppl who are worker like animals for minimal pay.
Pros
Good induction process, nice office view
Cons
Poor management, extreme hours and workload
It was an online internship so the flexibility was there. I went at my own pace and was taught a lot of things about data analytics. Overall it was a positive experience.
Well know brand, good career progression opportunities, little work life balance, competitive culture, great team work, no routine, people around you can learn from
Supportive

Knowledge

Good business support

Lots of IP

Connected to client challenges
Productive and fun, good culture, management support, good problems to solve in credit risk.. work from home, nice people.. nice culture.. brand name , recognition
It be honest it depends where in the firm you land. Other service lines offer great progress and flexibility. Others have great team building and offsite events.
Management don’t practice what they preach. Many partners are not competent as business managers and are dismissive of those with more experience, knowledge or ability - will avoid making decisions.
Claims to be big on diversity and inclusiveness. Really only apples If you are a minority group. Promotion to manager and above is base on gender, colour and personal background and not performance.

In 25 years of high performance and acknowledge by others as one of the best they have ever worked for, I have never been so excluded and dismissed for suggesting innovative and new approaches.
KPMG gave me exposure to industry problems and matching them with the latest industry innovations. I worked with industry leaders, allowing me to learn from the best.
Pros
Great opportunities
The guidance to do the task is really informative. It gives me useful information to think about how to start my task and what kind of tools I can use.
A typical day at work involved running key initiatives from Junior Advisory Board and engaging key stakeholders for fin-tech platform which I managed.
Pros
Amazing office in Australia
Cons
Lot's of weekend work
I love working with KPMG, wanted to test my skills and prove myself at other workplaces.
The office environment is good, work life balance.

Interested to work with others
Good place to start a professional services career, good benefits and environment, bad management and weak leadership may be a hindrance to work and career advancement, firm is not forward thinking as a whole compared to other Big4
Pros
New office
Cons
Bad management
Very busy but super productive. Excellent professional structure for learning and career growth. Major clients and industries mean high demand for top attitude and behaviour.
Pros
Supportive environment, structured progression and reward scheme, very enjoyable workplace.
Cons
Long hours, but i really don't mind because it's worth it.
Enjoy the atmosphere and the wonderful staff I work with.

Management is understanding of personal needs and the needs of my family.

Excellent potential for job advancement.
Pros
nice work life balance
Cons
Other people do long hours - future long hours
It was good. It was nice. It culture biytr very difficult. people. tough life. equal to death. dont know what to , help me please. worst job ever in life
Doesn’t provide the best remunerations benefits considering the hours that are worked. The team culture is really enjoyable to be around which makes going to work, worth it. Would recommend.
Pros
Cons
remuneration
Too much senior management who were clueless on specialist activities such as taxation and were living high on the hog of achievements of lower management.
Pros
Cons
useless management
The Firm has very definite plans and goals for the future and the leadership is strong, clear and concise. The people who make up the Firm are hard working, friendly and all work as part of one team.
Pros
Flexible working arrangments
Cons
Can be long hours
Position was in the consultant side of KPMG. very fast paced work environment. Management were always available to speak to and very proactive in solving the issues.
Great team to work with and great workplace culture
Es una empresa en la que estas constantemente aprendiendo y además tenes la oportunidad de trabajar con diferentes equipos/clientes.
Pros
Estabilidad laboral
Cons
Largas jornadas laborales