Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 2,039 reviews
Poor Management, allows Bullying
Coffee Making, Barista Work (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD25 March 2019
Workplace allowed bullying and verbal abuse towards workers from customers. Management did nothing except agree with the customers. Stressful job but overall great experience for young workers.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Barista Assistance (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC16 February 2019
Everyday was a new day. The customers are always lovely and easy to work with. I learned a lot whilst working at Krispy Kreme such as furthering my time management and customer service.

You do tend to get regular customer everyday and it makes me happy because you grow connections within those interactions. I never had bad moments whilst working at Krispy Kreme because i knew that i'd enjoy it; especially when you have peers that you get along with.
Pros
Free donuts/ 50 % off food
Cons
N/a
fun,fast paced work. family friendly.
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Croydon, SA, AU8 December 2018
family friendly place, people always smiling. nice and spacious rooms. good variety to choose from. reasonable prices. very productve.close to local OTR.
Pros
good salary
Cons
not always guaranteed a break
Management don’t care at all about staff.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD23 November 2018
Management are lazy, often sit out the back of the store, help is never offered to crew members even in busy periods, with minimal training provided .
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Max of 2 shifts a week, poor management
Productive and fun working with pingpong ball area
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia12 November 2018
Krispy Kreme taught me on how to be a good and responsible person. Its nice to work there as a team member as they are appreciating your hardwork by giving awards and certificate of appreciation.
fun workplace
Team Member- Barista and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Collins Street VIC27 August 2018
really great place to work, you learn skills which will help you in future jobs.
the work culture is great, you learn alot in terms of food prep and coffee making. there are heaps of regulars to get to know so you become apart of a close family really quickly.
Its a really inclusive workplace.
Quiet place nice people
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Bulleen VIC15 June 2018
An average day at work consists of many quiet periods and time, and few busy moments, but when it is busy it gets really busy. The people who work there are very nice but are a majority caucasian with few asians. Management is still learning the ropes as it is a new store, but everyday activities have become streamline and efficient.
fun and challenging
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW5 June 2018
challenging as you meet different types of people everyday, fun because of the sales jams that we always do, fun staff members, people oriented workplace.
Pros
free doughnuts
Cons
unorganized management
A good start to experience work life
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 April 2018
Generally a positive experience, all around. As long as you don't slack off you can have fun and enjoy yourself. It's a really good work environment, I get to work with my friends everyday. Sometimes it feels as if we arent at work because its just that fun. Customers can be difficult sometimes but thats standard.
Eh
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 April 2018
Working for krispy kreme was okay, theyre extrememly stingy and the expectations from their workers is a bit ridiculous but generally the work they ask of you is pretty standard work.
Great atmosphere and are flexible to your life style.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Orange Grove NSW19 April 2018

The only criticism I have is penny pinching can be an issue. Years old equipment in need of replacement/fixing will be ignored as long as it can get the job done.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun employees, willing to be flexible to your life circumstances.
Cons
Penny pinching can be an issue
Packing and Production
Packer (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC 380511 March 2018
wonderful place to have career, everything is amazing from the staff to work.
everyday something new to learn & improve. new roles help develop & increases ones progress
Fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 February 2018
Fun atmosphere, Management higher up seems poor
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD4 January 2018
Fun fast paced environment. Mostly younger staff but everyone gets along well together, its all about teamwork which makes it enjoyable place to work.
No room for carrer progression though and the management higher up don't seem to look after their staff very well.
Pros
Free donuts, fun place to work
Cons
Late hours, management sucks
Fast paced environment
RETAIL TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 December 2017
Challenges your time management skills, great work/life balance, must be able to lift 10kg and great management.

Company provides great training as it involves operating machinery, meeting daily targets in regards to producing bundles and working efficiently within a time frame.
Pros
Decent working hours
Cons
No easy access to public transport
Fast pace, high energy
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW25 October 2017
serving customers would be one of the best parts of my job, seeing customers return to store and being able to call them by name is very rewarding as a Store Manager. Hiring new staff is also can rewarding and a little upsetting on occasion how ever from experience it is so rewarding to watch a team member grow under my management and in some cases be able to promote up to your leadership team. I have learnt so much from Krispy Kreme, from my customer service skill, cash handling, barista skills, Management training and skills, food and safety handling. A key point for me to remember is I am now able to organize and hold whole store meetings and Manage to have the best meeting attendance rate across the State, then receive notice that the CEO wants to attend my store meetings as he is keen to see what I do to be able to turn a whole store around within 2 years from lifting the sales to creating a culture that he wants throughout the company. The hardest part would be rostering staff on Christmas Day. Everyday is enjoyable
Pros
free doughnuts as much coffee as I can drink, yearly bonus for reaching all my KPI's rewarding my team with nights out
Cons
having to roster people for seasonal holidays
Not the workplace i'd want to work in all honesty.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 October 2017
i'm not the biggest donut fan, so this review is a little biased but the co workers are probably the best part of the job, management is a little lacklustre at times but over all its a decent place to start for a first time job.
process worker
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitfords Beach WA10 October 2017
i was employed as a part time process worker.

there is no job advancement, you are treated as cattle.
management do not listen to workers
heaps of overtime
hard physical labour
not a diverse company, with many aussie and the like looked over most hours etc given to those from overseas

none english speaking
Fun fast workplace to be with
Team member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW14 September 2017
Different tasks every day and some night are busy then other night. The shop always on the go especially weeknight and weekend. Nice manger to work with great team members as well
Pros
Free donuts or staffs discount
Cons
Sometimes long hour
amazing
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW13 August 2017
wonderful place to have career, everything is amazing from the staff to work.
Pros
everything
Cons
work overload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.