Krispy Kreme
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Krispy Kreme:

Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews

Australia60 reviews
Typical day during a busy time is very fast paced and hectic. Hard work at first but you pick it up after a week or two. Although you get great experience in food processing role you kind of feel that managers have no concern for you if your a casual worker. Turn over of employees is high due to their intake of casual employees for promotional periods. Not a stable job unless they offer you a permanent role. Some managers are rude and have no work ethic but a few really make your shift great. Other than that the staff there are awesome. Would recommend working afternoon shift, awesome staff on afternoon shifts. Most enjoyable part of the day is the people you work beside and of course the free doughnuts!
My experience at Krispy Kreme so far has been excellent. The management, the staff, the surrounding has always been like a family. Nevertheless, they treat you well and equal at work.
Low paying job where you are in heated conditions and have to wear long pants and black clothes. They KPI that have to be adheard to but dnt care about the overall look of the products.
Won't budge to comidate needs won't give me more than 1 shift a week I have a house to pay for lucky I got other work now plus had to go back on centrelink which wasn't ideal
Great people to work with
Fairly easy and straightforward

Flexible with hours

$15.05 for 18 year olds

$17.20 for 19 year olds

$21.50 for 20+ team members

Able to learn and develop many skills including customer service skills, barista, and if interested and capable, management and leadership skills
Friendly management is good in there and the difficulty is one country worker much so feeling little bit pushing by them. They have unity in there so if we say no when they say something they angry. But overal staff are good. Thanks
A very good place to work, everyone is very happy to help and willing to teach you new things. Its a fasted paced work environment but also a chilled out place to work in
This place is amazing and I love orking there, it is a fast-paced team environment and pushes you to be the best worker you can be. I have learnt many skills from the job.
A typical day at work would be really fast paced enabling ourselves to multitask. I have learned extra ordiary customer skills, time management, team work etc from this workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job would be able to work with the friendly team.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Typical day at work is quite fast paced and busy.
Management is okay, but sometimes unyielding to personal issues when you need to take days off i.e. for mental health issues or family commitments. This leads to me having to take "sick" days that eat into my annual leave a lot.

The team members that are coworkers are the best part of the job. The workplace environment is great for the most part as mostly everyone is welcoming and does their bit to help each other out.

Hardest part of the job are the rude customers who expect speedy service especially during rush hours in the store, and will complain about swapping or exchanging doughnuts when it's against our store policy. It gets tiring when you are rostered on for 5 days in a row, mentally and physically. It is a physically strenuous job as you need to pack orders, make coffee, clean the dining floor, the toilets, and work area, take out the garbage, and move boxes and other inventory around.

I've learned how to steam milk and pour coffee, as well as assert myself in a workplace environment. For all its bad points, it has improved my confidence in talking to people and in my own skills.
Pros
Free doughnuts every shift
Cons
long hours, bad customers aplenty
Workplace allowed bullying and verbal abuse towards workers from customers. Management did nothing except agree with the customers. Stressful job but overall great experience for young workers.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Everyday was a new day. The customers are always lovely and easy to work with. I learned a lot whilst working at Krispy Kreme such as furthering my time management and customer service.

You do tend to get regular customer everyday and it makes me happy because you grow connections within those interactions. I never had bad moments whilst working at Krispy Kreme because i knew that i'd enjoy it; especially when you have peers that you get along with.
Pros
Free donuts/ 50 % off food
Cons
N/a
family friendly place, people always smiling. nice and spacious rooms. good variety to choose from. reasonable prices. very productve.close to local OTR.
Pros
good salary
Cons
not always guaranteed a break
Management are lazy, often sit out the back of the store, help is never offered to crew members even in busy periods, with minimal training provided .
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Max of 2 shifts a week, poor management
Krispy Kreme taught me on how to be a good and responsible person. Its nice to work there as a team member as they are appreciating your hardwork by giving awards and certificate of appreciation.
really great place to work, you learn skills which will help you in future jobs.
the work culture is great, you learn alot in terms of food prep and coffee making. there are heaps of regulars to get to know so you become apart of a close family really quickly.

Its a really inclusive workplace.
An average day at work consists of many quiet periods and time, and few busy moments, but when it is busy it gets really busy. The people who work there are very nice but are a majority caucasian with few asians. Management is still learning the ropes as it is a new store, but everyday activities have become streamline and efficient.
challenging as you meet different types of people everyday, fun because of the sales jams that we always do, fun staff members, people oriented workplace.
Pros
free doughnuts
Cons
unorganized management
Generally a positive experience, all around. As long as you don't slack off you can have fun and enjoy yourself. It's a really good work environment, I get to work with my friends everyday. Sometimes it feels as if we arent at work because its just that fun. Customers can be difficult sometimes but thats standard.
Working for krispy kreme was okay, theyre extrememly stingy and the expectations from their workers is a bit ridiculous but generally the work they ask of you is pretty standard work.

The only criticism I have is penny pinching can be an issue. Years old equipment in need of replacement/fixing will be ignored as long as it can get the job done.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun employees, willing to be flexible to your life circumstances.
Cons
Penny pinching can be an issue
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.