Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 2,131 reviews
fun workplace
Team Member- Barista and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Collins Street VIC27 August 2018
really great place to work, you learn skills which will help you in future jobs.
the work culture is great, you learn alot in terms of food prep and coffee making. there are heaps of regulars to get to know so you become apart of a close family really quickly.
Its a really inclusive workplace.
Best Retail/Hospitality Job you will ever work at
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2017
Krispy Kreme is easily the most amazing job, it was my second job along side Grill'd and I can say without a doubt anyone who works here absolutely love it. Such an amazing work environment knowing that you have job security, a decent hourly pay and people around you who genuinely don't hate being at their job. You enjoy making customer days and you decide how great shift will become. Hardest part of the job? Not eating the donuts.

I loved this job but everyone has to grow up and you must keep moving forward. If you're reading this deciding whether to apply there, I highly recommend you do not miss out on this amazing opportunity.
Pros
Donuts, Happy Peers, Great management
Very productive and a very fun environment to work in
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 November 2016
- Fun, friendly, lively environment
- Learned the correct and respectful way in treating customers and to help them with all their needs and questions
- management provides all works with benefits and allows the works to feel safe within the company
- the hardest part of the job is when there is a difficult customer to deal with
- the most enjoyable part of this job are the coworkers as well as the whole atmosphere of the shop
Poor pay, poor leadership and management from the higher ups
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 October 2016
I worked for Krispy Kreme Australia for over a year. Out of my 5 years in retail, KK was by far my least favourite.
In my experience, KK took very little care of their staff. In my time there, there were multiple incidents of staff members feeling threatened/ unsafe by a customer, in which KK actually encouraged those team members against taking it to the police.
KK is also very old fashioned in their approach to customer service, they definitely have a "customer is always right" mentality and even if a customer was abusive to a team member, head office would still try their best to please the customer (therefore rewarding the customer's treatment of their staff).

I honestly was quite uncomfortable working for a company that had no care for their employees well being. The pay is also extremely low. When I was 18 I was on less than $13 per hour.
Pros
Store management, team leaders and team members were great, free donuts on shift, youre free to practice as much as you want to improve your coffee skills
Cons
Late hours, very low pay, little in terms of career growth, "customer is always right" approach to CS
Productive and fun workplace with a lively commonroom
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC17 September 2015
A place with lots of people from different backgrounds but still working as a family caring and looking after each other. Working at a good pace and working under pressure was the very first thing that I learned there. the most fun part of the job is that everyone working there is from different background but still they have a really good time together and they love working and helping each other.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No fixed timings of day and night
challenging, fun work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  melbourne, victoria10 August 2015
mostly younger staff, which enalbled many staff members to build long term friendships. strict policies, but overall an average place to work
Fun Workplace with great staff and a couch outback
Team Trainer/Coffee Trainer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne21 September 2014
A typical day at work would involve random bursts of customers and quick responses to these customers. Making coffee and selling doughnuts as well as trying new doughnuts that may have come in. I learned that it is important to get along with your co-workers to be able to work in an environment that you will enjoy. My co-workers are great and that is the reason why I am still at Krispy Kreme. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I was entered into a Krispy Kreme Coffee Competition and I was able to win the comp and represent Australia when the World Barista Championships were held in Mexico.
Pros
Free Doughnuts
Cons
Long Hours
Flexible and fun workplace to work
Food Processor (Current Employee) –  Fountain Gate, Melbourne5 May 2013
A typical day at work - When I was doing afternoon shifts and it was a very busy day. We had big orders from 7/11 pumps also from our krispy kreme stores. And 3 girls called in sick this day.I was so frustrated because some of the girls we worked that day was very slow and they aslo new at the job.

What you learned - I have learned that there is nothing possible if you work together as a team and be prepared at all time.

Management - We have managed everything on time because I was trying to push everyone to work very fast and hard so we can all cleaned together and finished work on time.

Your co-workers - Some of them are very crumpy and they take things too seriously. Some of them are very friendly and nice to one another and very helpful at work but that doesn't bother me working and being who I am today.

The hardest part of the job - Ooohhh this when machines break down and no shells or rings to process.

The most enjoyable part of the job - When is time to go home haha
Pros
When working on the weekends
Cons
No time and half only normal pay