Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 2,079 reviews
Krispy Kreme treat their workers like slaves and underpay staff
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Loganholme QLD6 May 2019
Paid below the minimum award- no afternoon penalty rates, no penalty rates for Saturdays, only 35% loading on Sundays, no annual leave loading. No minimum work hours for permanent part time workers, insecure jobs!
And this is only the beginning!
Sometimes made to work more than 6 hours without a break, or no break at all and no compensation for it.
Constantly being called into work as poor management under staff the rosters and don't account for errors.
Management have favourites and like to gossip, very unprofessional environment to work in. Most of the management team are clueless and were hired because they're friends with the big boss.
Expected to put in your best efforts all day everyday while favourites get away with chatting their shifts away and putting everyone else behind. Shifts changed with little to no notice, often left a voicemail saying you must start earlier or later.
I could go on and on
Pros
6 free doughnuts per shift
Cons
Long hours, no penalty rates, company knows they are ripping us off but get away with it by having a work choices era EBA
Productive and fun working with pingpong ball area
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia12 November 2018
Krispy Kreme taught me on how to be a good and responsible person. Its nice to work there as a team member as they are appreciating your hardwork by giving awards and certificate of appreciation.
Fun atmosphere, Management higher up seems poor
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD4 January 2018
Fun fast paced environment. Mostly younger staff but everyone gets along well together, its all about teamwork which makes it enjoyable place to work.
No room for carrer progression though and the management higher up don't seem to look after their staff very well.
Pros
Free donuts, fun place to work
Cons
Late hours, management sucks
Very productive and a very fun environment to work in
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 November 2016
- Fun, friendly, lively environment
- Learned the correct and respectful way in treating customers and to help them with all their needs and questions
- management provides all works with benefits and allows the works to feel safe within the company
- the hardest part of the job is when there is a difficult customer to deal with
- the most enjoyable part of this job are the coworkers as well as the whole atmosphere of the shop
Poor pay, poor leadership and management from the higher ups
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 October 2016
I worked for Krispy Kreme Australia for over a year. Out of my 5 years in retail, KK was by far my least favourite.
In my experience, KK took very little care of their staff. In my time there, there were multiple incidents of staff members feeling threatened/ unsafe by a customer, in which KK actually encouraged those team members against taking it to the police.
KK is also very old fashioned in their approach to customer service, they definitely have a "customer is always right" mentality and even if a customer was abusive to a team member, head office would still try their best to please the customer (therefore rewarding the customer's treatment of their staff).

I honestly was quite uncomfortable working for a company that had no care for their employees well being. The pay is also extremely low. When I was 18 I was on less than $13 per hour.
Pros
Store management, team leaders and team members were great, free donuts on shift, youre free to practice as much as you want to improve your coffee skills
Cons
Late hours, very low pay, little in terms of career growth, "customer is always right" approach to CS
Productive and fun environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC6 May 2016
Typical day at work very busy but once you get to know the daily routine it becomes easier. I have learned to be organise, initiative and be able to work un-supervised. Place is very multi cultural and every one are good to work with. Management in my work place I'll say some are helpful but majority will just leave you and do not care.
Pros
Free doughnuts and beverages
Cons
Unfair management, not so organise hours
Productive and fun workplace with a lively commonroom
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC17 September 2015
A place with lots of people from different backgrounds but still working as a family caring and looking after each other. Working at a good pace and working under pressure was the very first thing that I learned there. the most fun part of the job is that everyone working there is from different background but still they have a really good time together and they love working and helping each other.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No fixed timings of day and night
challenging, fun work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  melbourne, victoria10 August 2015
mostly younger staff, which enalbled many staff members to build long term friendships. strict policies, but overall an average place to work
Fun informal place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mascot, NSW7 April 2014
Managers and co-workers are nice
Flexible roster
Ongoing training
Pros
Free doughnuts
Cons
Early start in the morning