Krispy Kreme Management reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 2,132 reviews
Krispy Kreme treat their workers like slaves and underpay staff
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Loganholme QLD6 May 2019
Paid below the minimum award- no afternoon penalty rates, no penalty rates for Saturdays, only 35% loading on Sundays, no annual leave loading. No minimum work hours for permanent part time workers, insecure jobs!
And this is only the beginning!
Sometimes made to work more than 6 hours without a break, or no break at all and no compensation for it.
Constantly being called into work as poor management under staff the rosters and don't account for errors.
Management have favourites and like to gossip, very unprofessional environment to work in. Most of the management team are clueless and were hired because they're friends with the big boss.
Expected to put in your best efforts all day everyday while favourites get away with chatting their shifts away and putting everyone else behind. Shifts changed with little to no notice, often left a voicemail saying you must start earlier or later.
I could go on and on
Pros
6 free doughnuts per shift
Cons
Long hours, no penalty rates, company knows they are ripping us off but get away with it by having a work choices era EBA
Poor Management, allows Bullying
Coffee Making, Barista Work (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD25 March 2019
Workplace allowed bullying and verbal abuse towards workers from customers. Management did nothing except agree with the customers. Stressful job but overall great experience for young workers.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Barista Assistance (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC16 February 2019
Everyday was a new day. The customers are always lovely and easy to work with. I learned a lot whilst working at Krispy Kreme such as furthering my time management and customer service.

You do tend to get regular customer everyday and it makes me happy because you grow connections within those interactions. I never had bad moments whilst working at Krispy Kreme because i knew that i'd enjoy it; especially when you have peers that you get along with.
Pros
Free donuts/ 50 % off food
Cons
N/a
Management don’t care at all about staff.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD23 November 2018
Management are lazy, often sit out the back of the store, help is never offered to crew members even in busy periods, with minimal training provided .
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Max of 2 shifts a week, poor management
fun and challenging
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW5 June 2018
challenging as you meet different types of people everyday, fun because of the sales jams that we always do, fun staff members, people oriented workplace.
Pros
free doughnuts
Cons
unorganized management
Eh
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 April 2018
Working for krispy kreme was okay, theyre extrememly stingy and the expectations from their workers is a bit ridiculous but generally the work they ask of you is pretty standard work.
Fun atmosphere, Management higher up seems poor
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD4 January 2018
Fun fast paced environment. Mostly younger staff but everyone gets along well together, its all about teamwork which makes it enjoyable place to work.
No room for carrer progression though and the management higher up don't seem to look after their staff very well.
Pros
Free donuts, fun place to work
Cons
Late hours, management sucks
Fast paced environment
RETAIL TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 December 2017
Challenges your time management skills, great work/life balance, must be able to lift 10kg and great management.

Company provides great training as it involves operating machinery, meeting daily targets in regards to producing bundles and working efficiently within a time frame.
Pros
Decent working hours
Cons
No easy access to public transport
Fast pace, high energy
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW25 October 2017
serving customers would be one of the best parts of my job, seeing customers return to store and being able to call them by name is very rewarding as a Store Manager. Hiring new staff is also can rewarding and a little upsetting on occasion how ever from experience it is so rewarding to watch a team member grow under my management and in some cases be able to promote up to your leadership team. I have learnt so much from Krispy Kreme, from my customer service skill, cash handling, barista skills, Management training and skills, food and safety handling. A key point for me to remember is I am now able to organize and hold whole store meetings and Manage to have the best meeting attendance rate across the State, then receive notice that the CEO wants to attend my store meetings as he is keen to see what I do to be able to turn a whole store around within 2 years from lifting the sales to creating a culture that he wants throughout the company. The hardest part would be rostering staff on Christmas Day. Everyday is enjoyable
Pros
free doughnuts as much coffee as I can drink, yearly bonus for reaching all my KPI's rewarding my team with nights out
Cons
having to roster people for seasonal holidays
Not the workplace i'd want to work in all honesty.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 October 2017
i'm not the biggest donut fan, so this review is a little biased but the co workers are probably the best part of the job, management is a little lacklustre at times but over all its a decent place to start for a first time job.
process worker
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitfords Beach WA10 October 2017
i was employed as a part time process worker.

there is no job advancement, you are treated as cattle.
management do not listen to workers
heaps of overtime
hard physical labour
not a diverse company, with many aussie and the like looked over most hours etc given to those from overseas

none english speaking
fun workplace with tennis table and lounge room so neat and tidy
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW30 June 2017
Krispey Kreme has a good environment to work on. The staff are friendly and the management is alright. I enjoyed my stay on this company. Great vibes!
Awesome
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA Australia3 May 2017
Worked at KK in Australia, great atmosphere and coworkers. Hardest part was staying calm during a rush but management was always supportive but challenged you to complete the task in a certain amount of time!
Mmm doughnuts
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Queensland22 April 2017
Krispy Kreme has a fun culture which is sometimes overshadowed by overbearing management with impossible sales targets and ideas.
They are usually flexible in hours if the store is big enough. They love to dress up and celebrate events.
Pros
Free doughnuts on shift, fun culture, team support, pay is above award
Cons
Can be inflexible with hours, can be stressful
very fun and productive workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW15 April 2017
provides training in all sectors
fun and positive working environment
flexible with the team
great benefits and salary
flexible work schedules
great management team
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n.a
over worked and underpaid
Management (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 February 2017
Expectations of what is required to be done on a daily basis are totally unrealistic. Management has no specific direction and inconsistencies in culture/expectations
disorganised management
Pros
25% discount
Cons
long hours, casual, not paid beyond 38hrs even if you work more
Best Retail/Hospitality Job you will ever work at
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2017
Krispy Kreme is easily the most amazing job, it was my second job along side Grill'd and I can say without a doubt anyone who works here absolutely love it. Such an amazing work environment knowing that you have job security, a decent hourly pay and people around you who genuinely don't hate being at their job. You enjoy making customer days and you decide how great shift will become. Hardest part of the job? Not eating the donuts.

I loved this job but everyone has to grow up and you must keep moving forward. If you're reading this deciding whether to apply there, I highly recommend you do not miss out on this amazing opportunity.
Pros
Donuts, Happy Peers, Great management
Entirely fun and legit good workp
Barista/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW17 November 2016
Good work environment
Management is dope
If you are looking for a place where you feel like having fun and looking for carrier this is the right place
Very productive and a very fun environment to work in
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 November 2016
- Fun, friendly, lively environment
- Learned the correct and respectful way in treating customers and to help them with all their needs and questions
- management provides all works with benefits and allows the works to feel safe within the company
- the hardest part of the job is when there is a difficult customer to deal with
- the most enjoyable part of this job are the coworkers as well as the whole atmosphere of the shop
Poor pay, poor leadership and management from the higher ups
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 October 2016
I worked for Krispy Kreme Australia for over a year. Out of my 5 years in retail, KK was by far my least favourite.
In my experience, KK took very little care of their staff. In my time there, there were multiple incidents of staff members feeling threatened/ unsafe by a customer, in which KK actually encouraged those team members against taking it to the police.
KK is also very old fashioned in their approach to customer service, they definitely have a "customer is always right" mentality and even if a customer was abusive to a team member, head office would still try their best to please the customer (therefore rewarding the customer's treatment of their staff).

I honestly was quite uncomfortable working for a company that had no care for their employees well being. The pay is also extremely low. When I was 18 I was on less than $13 per hour.
Pros
Store management, team leaders and team members were great, free donuts on shift, youre free to practice as much as you want to improve your coffee skills
Cons
Late hours, very low pay, little in terms of career growth, "customer is always right" approach to CS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.