Krispy Kreme Employee Review

View all Krispy Kreme reviews

Fast pace, high energy
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW25 October 2017
serving customers would be one of the best parts of my job, seeing customers return to store and being able to call them by name is very rewarding as a Store Manager. Hiring new staff is also can rewarding and a little upsetting on occasion how ever from experience it is so rewarding to watch a team member grow under my management and in some cases be able to promote up to your leadership team. I have learnt so much from Krispy Kreme, from my customer service skill, cash handling, barista skills, Management training and skills, food and safety handling. A key point for me to remember is I am now able to organize and hold whole store meetings and Manage to have the best meeting attendance rate across the State, then receive notice that the CEO wants to attend my store meetings as he is keen to see what I do to be able to turn a whole store around within 2 years from lifting the sales to creating a culture that he wants throughout the company. The hardest part would be rostering staff on Christmas Day. Everyday is enjoyable
Pros
free doughnuts as much coffee as I can drink, yearly bonus for reaching all my KPI's rewarding my team with nights out
Cons
having to roster people for seasonal holidays

Other Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews

Krispy Kreme treat their workers like slaves and underpay staff
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Loganholme QLD6 May 2019
Paid below the minimum award- no afternoon penalty rates, no penalty rates for Saturdays, only 35% loading on Sundays, no annual leave loading. No minimum work hours for permanent part time workers, insecure jobs!
And this is only the beginning!
Sometimes made to work more than 6 hours without a break, or no break at all and no compensation for it.
Constantly being called into work as poor management under staff the rosters and don't account for errors.
Management have favourites and like to gossip, very unprofessional environment to work in. Most of the management team are clueless and were hired because they're friends with the big boss.
Expected to put in your best efforts all day everyday while favourites get away with chatting their shifts away and putting everyone else behind. Shifts changed with little to no notice, often left a voicemail saying you must start earlier or later.
I could go on and on
Pros
6 free doughnuts per shift
Cons
Long hours, no penalty rates, company knows they are ripping us off but get away with it by having a work choices era EBA
Poor Management, allows Bullying
Coffee Making, Barista Work (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD25 March 2019
Workplace allowed bullying and verbal abuse towards workers from customers. Management did nothing except agree with the customers. Stressful job but overall great experience for young workers.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Low pay, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.