Ku-Ring-Gai Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ku-Ring-Gai Council Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
Poor treatment of staff by managment
Worst place ever for treatment or staff. Content threat of "restructure" with no details. Staff are called in by email the day before they are told their position is 'no longer needed'. The your are fired that day.
The only good thing are the bush reserves to work in and co-workers.
Horns by hospital mental health
No orientation.. Or no ID for computer use.. No Salary packaging or no parking or highly disorganised work place.. Or poor response from management or no permanent staff.. Or poor patient care..
Undertake and facilitate the day-to-day operations of the Home Library Service. Perform a range of library operations that support customers in a sel
I Undertake and facilitate the day-to-day operations of the Home Library Service. A typical day at work requires me to represent the library by travelling to various nursing/retirement homes, delivering library materials, listening to, interacting and understanding the customer’s requirements as well as meeting customer expectations regarding book genre, size of print or other selection of appropriate Library resource. I receive feedback on the chosen article that was previously selected ensuring customer satisfaction. I always ensure I manage my time well in order for all scheduled visits to be completed on time. I take great pride knowing I’m assisting the Library customers who are reliant on this service. When communicating with the elderly, I make it a priority to ensure that I engage in a friendly, helpful and compassionate manner. I enjoy the social interaction and am passionate about books and reading. This role has taught me with the elderly and culturally diverse customers that come into the Library, to be attentive and focused, being mindful in using proper pronunciation and not speaking too quickly and delivering individual attention. The hardest part of the job is trying not to spend too much time with the elderly on my rounds in order to complete my day to day tasks. It is also the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours per week
Poor morale Authoritarian HR Management
Nice natural areas and reserves. Most staff are good to work with. Poor management staff -especially HR. They don't value long term service or keeping corporate knowledge.
Pros
Nice area. Good staff. Flex time
Cons
Poor management and HR staff
An observation
An observation, this job appears to have a very high turnover rate. It's advertised frequently. Makes me wonder why? This position has been advertised several times over the last few months.
Decent bunch of people. needed some training when i started to work for them.
Decent people, needs some training module for people when they start work there. work is high volume - pressured to cope with load when a staff member was away.
Pros
friendly people to work with
Cons
pressured for both speed and accuracy -
Staff moral good
Extremely busy with basic resources to carry out work delays in the implementation of projects due to external and internal political interferences. Lacked a solid direction from upper top layer management. Wages low in comparison to other councils, lacked staff resources to implement long term sustainable protects.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Extra hours eg weekend and after hours work not paid for even though part of role.
Council
-Typical Council
-Been trained in some areas

-Management are adiqaute, some better than others

-Co-Workers are great people who are interested in safety

Pros
flex hours
Cons
distance