L'Occitane Employee Reviews

Melbourne Airport Boutique
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC7 May 2019
Manager wasn’t friendly at all very rude and not nurturing she was young and unprofessional. Overall money was good but way to much product knowledge training. In store each staff member shows you different ways so very confusing. Management expect casual staff to do a lot of the chores and your only there for ten or less hours a fortnight. 👎👎👎
Pros
Money
Cons
training in store no good unorganised
Fun, loving, enjoyable experience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW20 July 2018
I loved working as a casual employee at L'Occitane. I never had a negative experience and i was always treated with respect. If i had the chance i would work there again. The reason i left L'Occitane is because i had to go home to England for a family emergency and L'Occitane wouldn't let me take 6 weeks off so i decided to resign.
Pros
decent breaks in-between your shift
Cons
not many hours are given to you during the year
Very productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Silverwater NSW6 December 2017
A typical day at work consists of coming in, assigning jobs to certain people. And ensuring the the jobs are done as efficiently and safely as possible.
The culture within the workplace is always high. Always a joke being said with laughs filling the warehouse while work is done efficiently.
I dont think there is much hardship at the workplace as everyone in the team always come together covering each others weaknesses and building on our strengths.

The most enjoyable part of working at L'Occitane is coming into work seeing ya mates.
Pros
Quarterly company lunches, deciding as a team
Cons
Christmas period
Good culture, less stable
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW11 October 2016
L'Occitane does offer quite a few benefits to employees, it's a company with great working culture. However, it's less stable when you do a casual job there. You hours are not secured. If you want full time have to become 2IC or store manager which means much more duty and got package salary (I.e. no penalty rate).
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Hour less stable
Caring, respectfull, productive and encouraging. happy environment to be in.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Macarthur Central Brisbane4 March 2014
Before the store opened, a quick review of promotions and offers and a run through any new product launches and how to let the customer know about the new products. Making sure shelves are fully stocked and signage is clear, any rubbish is out of view and shop floor is clear for easy access around store.
Full attention always on customers, listening to their needs and concerns, always letting them know you are there to help them. Demonstrate products on back of customers hands, and explain the benefits of using systems, Easy to remember and don't overwhelm customer. Ask for sale, offer gift wrapping , always invite customer back. Make sure team members are happy and confident in what they are selling. All team members are aware of budgets and what is needed to achieve these budgets. Coaching team members on new products/ingredients or role play, teach how to add on related products.Get out and talk to neighbors, remind local businesses where you are located and what you can offer. At end of day make sure tills balance and store is prepared for another day.
Every day I learned something new from the company and customers. But for me the most important thing was giving our customer the ultimate shopping experience. Building trust and forming a bond.
From my personal experience I found management to be helpful and supportive. There was always someone to offer support when needed.
The team members I spent time with were a beautiful group. Very caring personalities and sold the product with a great deal of passion. Easy to work with and were very respectful to each other,
  more... the customer and the product.
I loved my job so I didn't find it hard, so probably for me I can say that I didn't like stock take. Always got a good result but just a long process leading up to it.
I loved the product, company and I really enjoyed my customers. The success of the store was very important to me so adding to the data base and promoting the store was something that I loved doing.
Pros
Intense product training (ongoing), staff discount and gratis every quater
enjoy working at l'occitane
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tasmanina Hobart28 October 2013
I enjoy working at L'occitane love there products. Get along well the co-workers and manager. Be able to assist with customers with there needs. I would prefer to work more hours.
Pros
prefer more hours
Cons
not many hours