L'Oréal
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from L'Oréal:

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Australia36 reviews
good company
well organised company with good management. The role is self managed with weekly tasks. Generally the staff are a happy bunch and I like working in different shops
Competitive, under-appreciated, pressured.
A lot of hard work often goes under appreciated, and you're often expected to give more. Personal time is always work time. Great perks, but not worth the stress, pressure and unrealistic targets that come with them.
Pros
Free products, annual national staff event, pension
Cons
Pressure, negativity, unrealistic goals and targets
Good Learning Experience
Best job for fresh graduates. Good exposure towards all of Loreal line of products. Pretty laid back culture and good pay. Because the nature of my job was casual I don't feel to stressed out if i had to take time off from work.
Amazing!
Loved working at L'Oreal Australia- great opportunities and career progression. Great people, amazinggggg offices!! Very glam. You work had and enjoy the culture.
Great workmates, shame about the management
Treated like a number & hours constantly getting cut by ruthless management. All talk about caring about staff but not the reality. Was even encouraged by a 2 IC to learn how to "play the game", as that was what was expected... I thought I was there to work, not "play games".....
Pros
Some terrific fellow workers & one good shift manager
Cons
hours cut at short or no notice. No chance of full time employment
Liquidfy work system
A great place to build one's confidence, creativity and learning to manage challenges along the journey. Open work culture that doesn't restrict one's capability.
KPI driven company that doesn’t treat all staff equally
I worked for Loreal for many years as a permanent employee. I had a work related injury and my position was terminated after they withdrew my duties, but I didn’t get termination letter until over 8 months later. They don’t look after staff to prevent injuries. Many people get injured but don’t speak up because they don’t want to lose their job.
Heaps of shoulder injuries, carpal tunnel etc. Loreal were not rotating their staff to minimise risk of injury, as this wasted valuable working time and affected KPIs. They go on about ethics but have double standards. Manager said monkeys can do our job. Low morale amongst workers but some nice people I worked with who I miss. I was called Loreal Liability and inconvenience by the union deligate. Anyone there who was on workcover gets talked about and everyone finds out everything. Backstabbing environment. Nothing gets kept confidential. It’s all about KPIs and money now. Some staff stood around doing hardly anything whilst others got taken into the office and picked on about their pick rates.

They talked about cross training staff but refused to put me in other areas that didn’t aggravate my injury. They looked after their favourite staff though.

Money hungry company doesn’t deserve good, honest, hard working people...because I’m worth it.

I still hear their products are tested on animals too.
Pros
Cheap products, good pay for easy work
Cons
Dangerous work practices, management not nice
productive
physical, good work environments, safe work environment, good work culture. I learned how to palletise products and use RF scanners/guns, also use machinery to move pallets around the warehouse.
Pros
Good pay and work environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at L'Oréal?
Lots of Travelling
Travel to new stores as Lancome travelling consultant
the inner workings as a contractor

off site management

finding entry to new unfamiliar stores

visiting new stores
Pros
discounts
Cons
insufficient hours
Very sad changes
As casual travelers we work ver hard however with recent changes nearly all casual staff are yet to be paid for past 3-4 wages some even longer.

Staff are working for nothing this is very wrong, as a young person I can get another job but seriously Loreal stop playing games and pay your staff
Pros
Nil anymore
Cons
Don’t get paid
Working in a MNC Company.
Open concept environment.Great place with people from countries. You have to be opened minded to be able to embrace different cultures and behaviours.

A great place to learn and grow, setting a higher standard and expectation of work always. If you like challenges, its great to be here.
Benefits
Cons
Higher sales target than usual
Frustrating work with a good pay rate
I found Loreal in general to be a frustrating place to work.with no plans in place for workload, so instead they would bring in everyone they had every day, then send people home after the minimum amount of hours
Pros
Staff Shop
Cons
Minimal hours available, no chance of Full time work
Retail makeup artist isnt what it seems
The job being advertised for a retail makeup artist is funny considering you definitely never do any makeovers on anyone working here. Your entirety of your shift is purely standing at the front of your counter - sometimes even relocated somewhere else in the shopping center - and made to hand out perfume sprayed on cards. YES, you become that annoying person in the middle of busy shopping centers. On the times you actually DO get to work on counter the only thing close to makeup you get to do is a quick foundation match.
Pros
Myer / David Jones discounts
Cons
Spending your shift traffic stopping and handing out perfume samples
Good
Good culture
need to improve for career progression

Money can be better!!!!

Good team and good vibe

Management need to be more present with the staff
Kerastase Luxury Division was a very good, structured workplace
Kerastase was a good place to work.
I learnt a great deal about dealing with other luxury branded salons in the industry and how powerful and iconic Kerastase was in the marketplace.

I found the workplace culture to be very good and management looked after us as a team very well.

My direct line manager at the time offered great support to me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being treated to quality experiences and team events always included French dining.

We were treated in the same way that they expected us to treat our own clients.
Worked for year 10 work experience
As I didn't work there as a staff member, I can't really say much. However, I was working there for year 10 work experience for 1 week and it gave me an insight into what working in the fashion/cooperate work looked like.

During that week I needed to help prepare for the fashion show and sort through magazines.
Mainly picking the items very quickly as you must keep up with the line.
You must learn how to be very quick as if you are slow you will slow down the whole line and then management will not be so happy. It is a nice place to work for so long as you do what you need to do and everyone is happy. Although the job is very repetitive so can be a little boring at times but if you want a higher salary that is the price you pay.
Pros
Great lunch area with free coffee e.t.c. it has a machine
Cons
Very repetitive job
Excellent work enviornment
Loved working for L'oreal. I learned so much and was able to hone my existing skills to effectively become a better leader. Also built strong relationships that helped foster an ideal work ethic.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Lots of travel
fun fun fun
working a L'oreal is so rewarding,
the team is lovely and easy to get along with, the warehouse people are always looking like they are enjoying their day,
Picking and distrubuting
I was working in a small team with good working relationship with manager - Left on good terms when my partner transferred to QLD Police for family reasons
Challenging and demanding workplace
A challenging and demanding work place with long hours. A fast paced and dynamic environment you are sure to never be bored. Great learning experience and an all round marketing school.