L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 2,214 reviews
Very sad changes
Casual traveller (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Australia17 October 2018
As casual travelers we work ver hard however with recent changes nearly all casual staff are yet to be paid for past 3-4 wages some even longer.

Staff are working for nothing this is very wrong, as a young person I can get another job but seriously Loreal stop playing games and pay your staff
Pros
Nil anymore
Cons
Don’t get paid
Frustrating work with a good pay rate
Storeman / Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT25 July 2018
I found Loreal in general to be a frustrating place to work.with no plans in place for workload, so instead they would bring in everyone they had every day, then send people home after the minimum amount of hours
Pros
Staff Shop
Cons
Minimal hours available, no chance of Full time work
Retail makeup artist isnt what it seems
Christmas Casual Retail Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW20 February 2018
The job being advertised for a retail makeup artist is funny considering you definitely never do any makeovers on anyone working here. Your entirety of your shift is purely standing at the front of your counter - sometimes even relocated somewhere else in the shopping center - and made to hand out perfume sprayed on cards. YES, you become that annoying person in the middle of busy shopping centers. On the times you actually DO get to work on counter the only thing close to makeup you get to do is a quick foundation match.
Pros
Myer / David Jones discounts
Cons
Spending your shift traffic stopping and handing out perfume samples
Good
Boutique Manager, Kiehl's Cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2018
Good culture
need to improve for career progression
Money can be better!!!!
Good team and good vibe
Management need to be more present with the staff
Kerastase Luxury Division was a very good, structured workplace
Business Consultant/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD, North & West14 February 2018
Kerastase was a good place to work.
I learnt a great deal about dealing with other luxury branded salons in the industry and how powerful and iconic Kerastase was in the marketplace.
I found the workplace culture to be very good and management looked after us as a team very well.
My direct line manager at the time offered great support to me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being treated to quality experiences and team events always included French dining.
We were treated in the same way that they expected us to treat our own clients.
Worked for year 10 work experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne St Kilda Road3 January 2018
As I didn't work there as a staff member, I can't really say much. However, I was working there for year 10 work experience for 1 week and it gave me an insight into what working in the fashion/cooperate work looked like.

During that week I needed to help prepare for the fashion show and sort through magazines.
Mainly picking the items very quickly as you must keep up with the line.
Storeman/Packer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 September 2017
You must learn how to be very quick as if you are slow you will slow down the whole line and then management will not be so happy. It is a nice place to work for so long as you do what you need to do and everyone is happy. Although the job is very repetitive so can be a little boring at times but if you want a higher salary that is the price you pay.
Pros
Great lunch area with free coffee e.t.c. it has a machine
Cons
Very repetitive job
Excellent work enviornment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Australia22 August 2017
Loved working for L'oreal. I learned so much and was able to hone my existing skills to effectively become a better leader. Also built strong relationships that helped foster an ideal work ethic.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Lots of travel
fun fun fun
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC5 July 2017
working a L'oreal is so rewarding,
the team is lovely and easy to get along with, the warehouse people are always looking like they are enjoying their day,
Picking and distrubuting
Store person (Former Employee) –  Perth WA24 June 2017
I was working in a small team with good working relationship with manager - Left on good terms when my partner transferred to QLD Police for family reasons
Challenging and demanding workplace
Marketing Operational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia4 April 2017
A challenging and demanding work place with long hours. A fast paced and dynamic environment you are sure to never be bored. Great learning experience and an all round marketing school.
Lancome Cosmetics
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 December 2016
Classy & Sophisticated company to work for.

Great training and kept up to date with the new release of products.

Great staff incentives.

Provided uniforms and badges after successful training.
Pros
Just a great company to work for.
Cons
Nil
Environment and Culture
Promotions Travelling Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC11 October 2016
Lancome needs an overhaul - new management a, less interns with university degrees not related to the skin care industry.It's a sterile environment .
Pros
Great Products
Cons
not enough entitlementd and benefits for staff
Great job with fantastic flexibility
REGIONAL L'OREAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 30005 July 2016
Great company to work for and loved the flexibility with work as I am a single mum

Typical day was to visit stores on the agenda and make sure all tasks on list were completed in timely manner

Most enjoyable was that I was my own boss and had to use and manage my time wisely and effectively, time management was essential.

My boss was awesome and very hands on with all staff

Great company
Great boss
Pros
Flexibility
Un dia tipico en el trabajo
Auxiliar (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD19 January 2016
Todos los dias son diferentes, unos mas largos y otros mas cortos.
Pero cada dia esta lleno de emociones y es un dia mas de aprendizaje. La empresa te entrena para la posicion que vas a ocupar. Aprendi todo lo relacionad al mundo de los perfumes. (solo trabaje en el area de perfumes). Mis oclegas siempre fueron muy colaboradores, me ensenaron me dijeron y me reganaron pero son unos amores y muy competitivos mientras trabajamos. la parte mas dificil es acostumbrarse a estar de pie durante todo el turno.
Great culture and everybody understands that there is a job to do
Human Resources & Internal Communications (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC7 January 2016
My time with the company was short, however it is evident that all individuals prioritise their work and still share mutually beneficial relationships with each other. I learned to use Microsoft Excel and other web databases. I was also able to share my knowledge of social media networks and create tools for web content. The hardest part of my job at first was working independently with little knowledge of the company tools, however the employees were very friendly and asking them questions was no problem, in essence, I felt comfortable with the other employees. The most enjoyable part was writing up policies and procedures, making presentations and then communicating this to other employees and collecting customer feedback.
Pros
Great work culture and learned alot of web tools
Cons
Hard at first to try and fit in
a typical day at work
Store person (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 December 2015
a typical day at work was very happy with good staff and very polite management who would spend the time to show you all the procedures to complete your work with in a safe manner.
I enjoyed my 2 years there but the work at times was lacking.
Forkilift Driver Replenishment (Current Employee) –  Dandenong19 June 2015
They are a good company to work for but opportunities for full time work and progression to higher positions are very limited. The lack of hours is a serious problem especially in the Christmas period. Some weeks only 20 hours in the quiet periods.
Pros
Very safe environment
Cons
Lack of hours
Productive, effective, focus
Owner (Former Employee) –  Queensland14 April 2015
l'Oreal professionals and leaders in the market place! I learnt an incrediable amount of sales knowledge and performance with KPI's. I love the travel, I loved building the business, forming new accounts.
really good place to develop yourself
Business Assistant Junior (Former Employee) –  Madrid, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Galicia14 February 2015
it has been such a good experience due to the fact of having the chance to interact with so many different departments. The most exciting thing was that the tasks involved in the job were really challenging and required to have a good knowledge about driving difficult situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2