L'Oreal USA Employee Reviews

Chaos is not a work philosophy. Chaos is a expensive excuse and another form of constant crisis.
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico, USA23 May 2019
They promotes a workplace highly stressful that shows us how much they're lacking of structure, organization, planning, direction and mechanisms of controls.

They rather says that their Chaos Philosophy is flexible way to quick respond to new market demands. it's seems to me that they lost focus and they forgot how to synchronize their resources, divisions, teams and business partners.
Pros
A multimillionaire and global company always add weight to your résumè.
Cons
A year working for them make your hair turns gray.
productive
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY21 May 2019
i liked working here they trained me on a few electric machines.. it was a positive enviorment. the poeple were nice the shift lead was nice and also understanding.
Largest Beauty Company in the world
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 May 2019
Great place to learn the beauty business and work with high levels of beauty brands. A very challenging environment internally in a very competitive industry.
Pros
Great Experience and good networking
Cons
Poor work/life balance and culture
Way too Political
HR Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 May 2019
As we know, L'Oreal has been around for quite some time and is one of the number one companies in the industry. However, they have a tough time adapting to change and being innovative because of their long history and dated ways of working. Additionally, I would express that the company is way too political. There is red tape around every decision that is made which hinders true innovation. Further, the HR team clearly identifies and promotes a select few individuals that they views as "talents" at an extremely fast pace. People are promoted from their role before even one year tenure, which does not allow the company to even measure if someone has mastered their role or made an impact. I would recommend that they slow the rate of promotions and allow people to truly master their roles. They are going to create their own issue when too many people are sitting in roles with inflated titles and end up getting bored too easily. Instead of promoting people every year, let them grow and develop. Challenge them with a long term project or move them laterally to a different department or function. I truly think L'Oreal is filled with talented and passionate individuals but I do think they are creating their own issues with the all of the politics, especially around promotions.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Political climate
Review Summary
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TX15 April 2019
Loreal is a good place to work for The management are wonderful people to work with. The assignments that you are given to can sometime can be demanding but its all worth it.
Pros
Great management
good place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJ15 April 2019
Good working environment.The work place is very friendly.The hours are flexible.They have three shifts that we can work through.The pay is good and work is not very hard.
mauvaise expérience
Operateur de production (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 April 2019
A fuir ne croyer pas la DRH c'est simplement temporaire à chaque années dans la même période ils recrute, ils te mette dans une ligne de production au moin de 5 machines en periode de deux semaines et ils veulent que tu la fait rouler comme quelqu'un qui a 20 ans d'expériences en plus ils vous disent que c'est un poste permanent(( boolshit)) les travailleurs la bas sont froid comme de la glace ......des robots .
Pros
aucun
Cons
tout
Fun Work Environment - Low Salaries
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY27 March 2019
The company encourages cross functional collaboration and the stresses the importance of working in teams. Because this company falls under the underpaying consumer goods sector, its very hard to get a high salary. This environment consists of students from middle to low tiered schools who lack natural curiosity and strong motivation to take ownership. Due to these employee traits the company has realized its the cheapest source of labor which alludes to the low salaries throughout ones career at L'Oreal. If you are looking for a stimulating environment, upward mobility and high salaries I suggest looking at other companies who focus their recruiting efforts at the top schools.
Just like slavery,no fun place to work at all.
Shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  McCalla, AL18 March 2019
Low pay with no trainers, it's a dead in job,people there they don't know how to train properly, get mad at you if you don't do the job right, but that's because of improper training, toxic environment.
Pros
Slave drivers
Cons
Low pay
Would not recommend
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Florence, KY17 March 2019
Loreal talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Loreal doesn't follow their own promotion policy even though they do a lot of PR on that same subject. HR doesn't respect the employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
very productive and a great place to work
Machine Operator/ Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR15 March 2019
I have worked at L'Oreal for 23 years. It's been a wonderful place of employment. I'm just ready for a change in my life. Great benefits. Have seen a lot of changes in this company through the years.
Pros
Free finish goods every two months
Cons
short breaks
The Work/life balance is garbage, benefits are awesome
MMS 2 (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR13 March 2019
They cuckold your days off with their policies by forcing you to work overtime or spend vacation days on days you don't need off just to get the weekends you do. Then, when their policy limits how much you can work in a week, they get a waiver to work you as much as they want. I really enjoy my coworkers and some management. Work is often poorly organized and communication is atrocious. The benefits are also really really good. Basically, if you have a high tolerance for bull mess, you'll do fine here.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly coworkers
Cons
Work/life balance sucks, poorly organized work assignments, bad communication
L'Oreal USA is a good company to work for. L'Oreal has great benefits and they take care of their employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR5 March 2019
A typical day for myself at L'Oreal is meeting up with my manager to receive the objectives for the day. I then go over the objectives with the employees in my department. I supervise my department by reviewing safety, quality, productivity, and performing onsite coachings in order to motivate my team. I have learned how to use Microsoft Excel and SAP. I have also trained in successful self-management, emotional intelligence, and how to "know your audience." Management at L'Oreal USA in the North Little Rock Distribution Center is average. The workplace culture in L'Oreal USA has room for improvement. The hardest part of the job is trying to implement new changes with little or sometimes no thorough training. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
lack of work/life balance
Slightly better then aberage
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ4 March 2019
The supervisors act scared Criticism is not welcome constantly nagging operators to start the line when the paperwork is being done; operators told operate while mechanics can’t fix the line
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Constant nagging and intimidation
Great Company, fast paced.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OH4 March 2019
L'Oreal USA is a very fast paced paced company. Great for the just out of college to learn about business. They are great teachers and lots of people spent their whole career there or move on, Great benefits,.
Pros
Benefits, Learning
Cons
Depending on location, hours work
productive
Cashier, Stocker and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL27 February 2019
I was a cashier supervisor. we sold lots of skin care and make up to people of all colors. I enjoyed playing with make up. The hardest part was leaving.
Pros
lunces
Cons
health care
Good place to work, Paced and relaxing, Nothing but Love!!
Former Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TX25 February 2019
I was thankful for the opportunity to work with such bright and talented people. (Regional Retail Sales & Education Executive)
The management is always trying to improve employee’s knowledge. You are able to express your ideas and many have been used. The industry is always coming out with new products.
Loved giving consultations meeting new people getting a lot of gratis for appreciation . Great peaceful environment provided all the tools to get the job done.
Pros
Great benefits, great culture, good education for skin care.
Cons
N/a
Management bad
MATERIAL MOVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR14 February 2019
Management was horrible. Never could give a straight answer or follow up when they say they will get back to you. Management really has no clue what is actually going on out on the floor.
Pros
good benefits, time off
Cons
Poor management
Low pay for work done
End of line (Former Employee) –  Dallas Texas20 December 2018
Check this out, managers watch your every move and snitch if you stop and break. Feet be hurting, no phones, management complain about how your not working, but every new day they start the day off with how much greater we done than the last day. Hypocritical. They don't want you talking and passing time basically having enjoying your time while you work till your time is up. If they could they want you quiet and saying nothing for a full 10 hours and be bored. OVER SAFETY for the work done, have to wear goggles and steel toe for boxes that weigh no more than 4-5 pounds (hair spray packages). They are strict if you dont have them (fired). $10/hr w/ a check every Thursday round 320-350 after taxes and working Tuesday-friday
Pros
Quick cash, open campus
Cons
Hard labor, little breaks
Coworkers are awesome. Strive in safety first
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Walton, KY12 December 2018
Couldnt ask for a better company to work for. Benefits are awesome!! Pay could use some work. Atmosphere is awesome. If a person has any questions that cant be answered immediately then management will find the answer. Accomodate needs as much as they can. Love working for this company. Benefits range from medical, dental, vision, 401K with up to 6% company match, vacation, PTO, free goods, and vacation buy up to 2 extra weeks a year. The benefits start the day you do. Couldnt find a better place where you can actually enjoy working with others so well.
Pros
Benefits, vacation buy, free goods
Cons
Harldy any overtime offered anymore

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oreal USA. Our community is ready to answer.