Lack Group

38: Lack Group Employee Reviews

Australia38 reviews

2.4Work–Life Balance

Fellow workers are friendly but management never listens

Have seemed to always get work most days at the start of the year but then just dropped off very rapidly and haven't received any shifts for over 3 weeks now. Have tried to speak with management about receiving more shifts but won't listen and just lead me around in circles. Please just work for another company to save yourself the hassle

Pros

Good pay, Happy fellow workers

Cons

Management won't listen, no shifts

Lack says it all.

LACK of management skills. LACK of integrety. LACK of training. LACK of everything. There was Not a Single enjoyable part of this job. I've worked for some Good companies. This is Not one of them.

Fun place to work

So far so good staff are friendly and understanding when I was late to a shift. hours have been good but only been at the company for two days so still very fresh.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Nil

Company is run like a hiring agency, not a traffic control company.

Management are not interested in offering training to employees. Road crew are teaching road crew, its easier to contact your work colleagues for help or training than the office. Needed some papers delivered to site. No supervisor employed, office staff dropped them off in a 4WD BMW!Portable traffic lights stop working...'sorry, he is in a meeting' Its not a safe work environment. Often understaffed for the job allocation. No competent supervisor, so your just a faceless employee number. No traffic controllers employed in the office.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Inadequate training Useless job allocations app

Zero loyalty to staff and constant lies from management

If your looking for a job where you don't have to turn up for your shift, have zero skills and basically stuff up as much as possible Lack is for you. As your guaranteed to get work over there long term staff. Basically the less you put in the more Lack will reward you.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Poor management, staff loyalty doesn't exist

Productive and stressful

It appeared that management neglect to ensure that traffic controllers were timely certified. There poor communication and coordination with employment agencies to allow newly inducted staff to conduct certifications.Mentoring system for on-the-job-training and/or on-the-job-experience for new traffic controllers was lacking. You had to learn as you went along. At one time I was unsupervised for one whole day; none cared to check whether I was at the right location.

Pros

PPE provided

Cons

Long hours and poor mentoring

Lacking in hr

Here are some highlights from my short time at LACK group - Notified the operations manager two weeks in advance about needing to take a day off due to an appointment, the day comes and I get rostered on to a job so I call them to remind them about my appointment and how I notified them two weeks prior, "No problem, sorry about that" Since that day I have not been rostered on any shifts in nearly 2 weeks. - Many cases of favortism amongst workers - Operations manager being to lazy to follow up payroll issues, making workers contact head office when there is discrepancies in paychecks. - old traffic control vehicles with many issues, Windows not working, clutches & brakes completely worn down and neglected not to mention how underequiped the stay at work vehicles are. - working 50 hours one week and then 2 hours the next. - uniform looks like an early 2000s disco outfit Overall I would say that there are many better places to work in Adelaide with better management and HR. Remember that the job is casual yet they will expect you to live by the phone day & night for them. " Oh, we didn't roster you on today but we have a call out can you come asap?" "Oh, what's that? You're doing your weeklu grocery shopping? Oh ok well find someone else thanks" *gets punished by getting no work for 2 weeks"

Pros

Decent hourly rate + allowances and pentaly rates

Cons

Poor management, inconsistent work, poor manager, broken vehicles

The expectation level regarding work delivery is not commensurate with the salary.

The work culture is healthy and full of fun .The organisation has a fast paced work environment with tight deadlines.The learning process has been enriching .The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to exceed your own performance parameters . The hardest part of the job was to take calls of dissatisfied employees .

The Allocators was horrible

Just for your general knowledge if you wanna be use and throw like a trash can get a job here they will use you as a standing pole with the sign and take away your breaths I don’t recommend you to join them unless you’re there family member or someone knows them for long time otherwise count yourself as a statue they will suck you blood for real & pay you less thanks to god i managed to get my foot in to new industry Good Luck )::...

Unprofessional management

Very unprofessional and rude. When work was close to finishing they kept telling employees not to worry because there would be more project and work coming our way but that was a lie to string us along until the last minute when work suddenly stopped and hundreds of people were out of work.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lack Group?

Work

It’s great money although working those night shifts as a parent consumed my every other day to day basic things I needed to do as a parent . I would setup signage and cones as directed and guide pedestrians to the positions they needed to go

Promises and lies.

Lack are the Asbestos of the traffic world. We were promised the world only to have very little delivered. Staff were not interviewed, so we got people that were basically unemployable. Avoid Lack

good money bad management

used to get consistent work for a couple months but the second you take a day off they forget you exist, even after calling daily requesting work. money is good because it is eba company, 12 hour day = $420 8 hour day = $240 meal and travel = $50 per day however they DO NOT do tunnel rates so you get paid the same amount while you're suffocating to death from the dust. honestly just find another eba company.

Never called back

Had one shift and they never called back. Made me buy uniform and I tried explaining to them my availability and they refused to give me shifts. Communication is poor

Unreliable shifts

When I went to the face to face induction they promise too many things but in reality they full of it I have been with lack for 3 months and only worked 5 days total at 4 hours each I completely not happy with them I have called to give them my available days they ignore it and just give me 1 day per week 2 if I am lucky

Very good organizations

Very good management Good salary Very good team work Full organizations Safely work all do time Always has job is well Long hours and sort hours job

Don't pay proper allowances as per current eba

Only good to work for if you know someone in allocations or know how to brown nose. Payroll dept is a nightmare. They don't pay proper allowances as per eba. Particularly to the Drivers. Insist on proper pay and you get little or no work as punishment. Some great employees but traffic control upper management are self serving and greedy.

Pros

A chance to learn from some experienced staff

Cons

Inconsistent work. They use you and aren't there for you if you need them

Was Fun!

Was fun meet a lot of fun and different people travelling Australia Saw the light rail get built was interesting to see Learnt new skills Downside I had to work nights

Pros

Good Money

Cons

Nigh Shift

need more hours

not enouge hours.no communaction with management.setting up traffic management.work mainly on your own..hardest part of job is not to get bored.never take your eyes off traffic.workplace culture is good when working as a team.

Pros

Cons

no hours

Traffic Control / Labourer

LACK Group Queensland has the potential to be a really good family orientated business. Like a family though, fall out with one of your brothers and or sisters and you will be treated terribly until the day you resign. The pay for this company generally was really exceptional and even better if you were one of the favourites. Unfortunately though LACK is the main word when it comes to LACK of communication, LACK of knowledge from the personnel in Payroll, LACK of the truth when there’s no work, LACK of loyalty to its own employees and of course LACK of praise when you’ve exceeded your job title. There still is some great people still slaving away with this company wondering how they’re going to pay their mortgage and there were some good management people unfortunately they all fell to paragraph one of my review.

Pros

Good rates, Great coworkers

Cons

Badly run Management, Payroll haven’t got a clue, No work/No warning.

Use the company only as you wait for a better job/company

LACK group has the potential to take you somewhere in traffic provided you suck up t the right management person/s and turn a blind eye/keep quiet about any safety issues, payroll issues, legal requirements not being complied with etc. However in saying this, you will find a couple of great management personnel (Jade NSW and Brownyn QLD).

Pros

has potential

Cons

continuous pay issues, management staff not correctly trained and have poor people skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lack Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Lack Group with