Langham Hotel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Langham Hotel Employee Reviews

Australia31 reviews
good place
The work is hard but the staffs are so friendly and thus I didn't find that difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the hotel staffs are treated equally and there is a facility of lunch and dinner as well.
Ottimo working place
Ottimo posto in cui lavorare per una crescita personale e esperienza lavorativa con meraviglioso management e team.
Atmósfeta única
El equipo de trabajo ha sido excelente, todos los trabajadores intentan ayudar en todo momento a las personas más nuevas y eso es mágnifico.
I enjoyed working there.
Its a very busy place.i was doing 12-13 hours each day. There is no work life blance for any of the chefs. It teaches you time management and organization skill.
productive and fun place with good work environment and challenging to finish the work on time
working as a chef build patients skill in me and its challenging to finish the work in time help to learn time management. i like to take challenges and talking with customers make the work more joyful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
38 to 40 hours
Fast-paced environment
Working at the Langham my experience wasn't as good as I anticipated.The reason for this is they were meant to shut down this year, but since then a new management team has been introduced and there have been lots of internal fights within the organisation which ultimately affects every facet of the hotel, including Banquets, where I worked. The work life balance was not ideal as we were rarely given breaks even though working for longer than 6 hours, the staff were all on visas as well all from Asian countries so there was a communication barrier there as well. However in saying that, I did gain many valuable skills in relation to customer service, organisation of stock, and setting up rooms for functions.
Political Managers
Seems like a nice place to work with at first. Found out after all that its all politics. They say its nice place to grow your career but they wont allow you to move to other department or level up in your career if they dont want to.
BEnefits
Political environment and negligent HR
Communication is pathetic.
HR always claim to be improving things but just say what you want to hear to make you happy but nothing improves.

Working conditions need improvement.

Overtime needs to be paid.

Wages are low. Promotions are rare. No annual review.

It's more about who you know than your skill and technique which is ridiculous.

Work you like crazy but don't wanna pay you for extra hours.

You'd expect better from a renowned international hotel.

Management has their head up their bum.
Pros
made some friends
Cons
Hours, not being paid correctly, not being paid overtime, management is pathetic
No sponsorship given
the establishment doesn't offer sponsorship to rank and file chef and only to management level chef. Overall workplace is good but not to the expectation of an international hotel that couldn't sponsor their valued employees
great team
great fun work place, diverse work environment. multicultural community. supportive management. just not my field. wanted to learn different field but I want to be back in my field.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not my field
Great work place
The people are great, they are professional and are able to help you with anything that is needed. Management is good. Staff are easy going. A lot of interaction with workers and guests.
Great company to work for but does have its issues
Great place to work, everyone is friendly & gets on well.

Social place to work, don't be surprised if you don't end up paying for a drink on a night out!

Negatives

Job security was an issue as they stopped employing people on long term contracts (that may be different now)

Staff food is revolting & you have to pay for it!

Pay is pretty low compared to their competitors.
work life balance
It is a fast paced company.
Adequate training is provided for employee.

A lot of employee benefits, including discounted rates and anniversary gifts.
cricket
banquets set up, running a functions and complain headlining
every day learned new set up and dealing with a different type of client

managing the day roster staff at during events, and training

communicate communicate communicate

handling aggressive client

team work
a very fastpaste environment
I've got a vast experience in Langham Hotel but unfortunately was not very friendly place,
It was a heavy job with little personal protective equipment
fun to work with
good benefits and. environment.
good and proper interns of hygiene

easy to reach out by means of transportation

yearly incentives

different culture involves but has balance treatment
the best place to work for me
the langham melbourne is the best employer for me to work with, i feel very lucky to get lots of exp here. good management, learn lots of knowledge, unfortunately my visa condition (student visa) it require me to get sponsorhip and i couldnt get it from Langham hotel melbourne due to it circumtances.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no sponsorship
5 Star Hotel
Beautiful work place, a typical 8hour shifts with a variety of beauty treatments. Just like everywhere else management could be a bit more empathetic and the hotel could be a bit more organised however with all the hotel perks and wonderful team (in all departments) it all makes up for all the cons.

Besides being far from where I live there also is no rotation for the weekend, weekend work every weekend is a must. These are a couple main reasons why I couldn't stay on board, I am a solo mum and have to leave home at 7am and arrive back home at 730pm the lastest.
Pros
Hotel Perks
Cons
Management aren't so empathetic
best of Langham
I learned a lot how the big five star hotel running. How great from their professional and strong experience from all employee who work there. Great food and great teamwork.
Pros
great food
Great place with great people
Great place to work for who dont have any experience but lack in career oppurtunity for those been there for a while. Other than that its a great place with great people.
Pros
great people and flexibility
Cons
Late finished & low salary
オーストラリアの職場なのでワークライフバランスは◎
フレンドリーな同僚たちと楽しく働くことができます。
ワークライフバランスも良く、一生懸命働くときちんと評価してくれます。

皆に平等にチャンスをくれます。
Pros
5つ星ホテルの雰囲気
Cons
スタッフカフェの食事がイマイチ