Laser Clinics Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Laser Clinics Australia Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews
This was the worst experience of my life. There are some pros such as free treatments and getting your hours done in 3-4 days and having the rest of the week off, but the cons far out way the pros.
Hardly any training and was made to do treatments feeling very unsure, long days doing the same thing with no room to progress, short breaks, no extra pay for public holidays, awful girls who gossip all day and make you feel terrible and the list can go on.

I had one nice manager and one terrible one which leaves you dreading to go into work.

I would not recommend working at LCA at all.
Fast paced at times but if you thrive of this you will be well suited. No fluffy salon treatments. I am still working there so it must be ok. Team members and clients make the days fun and enjoyable.
It’s been a good experience. Great team culture and environment. Good if you enjoy a fast paced environment and genuinely care for people. Clinical and results driven treatments.
Lots of opportunity for growth and education. Really good training program and support from management. Everyone is well presented and friendly - would recommend working here.
No proper formal Job induction conducted on first day
- no proper training (throw you in deep end)

-no staff support

-bad management

- horrible work environment with manager abusing drugs while working

-incorrect and uncompleted training

- mean and isolating work environment

-bullying tolerated by management and owner
The job was extremely stressful, 12 hour shifts, management was extremely pressuring to make KPI's (the KPI's were completely unachievable and would be CONSTANTLY threatened with getting the sack if we didn't make the numbers) and the other girls I worked with were horrible to deal with.
The demographic of clients were rude, products that they sell are also bad (everything contains alcohol) and filled with artificial fragrances. Wages were below the average, no overtime offered on weekends. They don't care about their clients at all, not fussed on how their results are going and are after their money.

This job drove me to quitting the industry. Because of the terrible working conditions, I think I only lasted under a month.
Manager was very inappropriate and unprofessional. Favouritism between staff members so you would be doing a lot of the work while they are having multiple breaks. Spoken to as if you are a child and sales are a massive focus. Can sometimes be difficult to be genuine with clients while treating them as you need to try to talk about products or other treatments. Loved the actual work, not the environment.
Work was great, although once you’ve worked here for a while there isn’t much progression.

Although, benefits and discounts are great, and they provide a lot of training.

Although not a lot of work life balance and always working weekends
Pros
Discounts on products and services, a lot of training
Cons
Long hours, not a lot of work life balance, terrible for annual leave
Working at Laser Clinics Australia was horrible, treated as if you were nothing and told that you are "a number that can get sacked at any given point". The KPI's were unbelievably stressful, getting told we either push clients into buying or we will get a written warning. The management is constantly on a power trip, not helpful in the slightest and bullied staff. You are in constant competition with your colleagues, suppose to work as a team but every day you're fighting for your job. Humiliation is a daily task, instead of being pulled aside to discuss a matter you are forced to reconcile in front of your "team". Working over time 12+ hours in 1 day with 2x 30 minute breaks, not allowed to use the rest room other than those times, dehydration is something you'll have to get used to. If you want a job where you will be belittled, bullied, humiliated, underpayment, treated like an animal and constantly riddled with anxiety, then working at LCA is the job for you.
Pros
The close friendships you make over mutual hate.
Cons
underpayment & the management.
Being a Laser Therapist gets boring very quickly. The hours are VERY long with little to no breaks. Customers are often very rude, so is management...
Pros
Free treatments, good pay
Cons
Long hours, short-no breaks, very busy.
I felt depressed working there...on my way to work I would be on the phone with my best friend telling her I wanna go home and she would laugh and be like what the heck ur on ur way to work. Yeah that’s how I felt. Girls are too fake and competitive. If ur too nice they will take advantage....the owners don’t care about the employees they just care about money.
Pros
Free laser treatments
Cons
Fake environment, underpaid, short breaks long hours
bad company to work at if youre an injector, especially if youre a new injector. your expenses wont outweigh your earnings. you only get paid when you have clients. you can be waiting all day without earning a single cent.
Pros
discounted skin products
Cons
not enough earnings
i loved the girls i worked with but the owners were so rude to me. I was underpaid on a couple of occasions and they told me they would sort it out and they never did. i never felt praised in my role , so I left
LCA as a whole is fantastic, I love the fact you get all your hours done in 4 days and have 3 days off. The perks are great including discounted product and treatments. LCA head office staff are fantastic and so are most owners. Just make sure you pick the right clinic! They are all franchised so your owners are a big part of how your work life will be! DO NOT work for ROBINA OR PACIFIC FAIR. Horrific, inexperienced owners who bully their staff out of their jobs. Play favourites constantly and have a new employee every week that they target to make miserable. Incredibly high staff turnover....which is a direct sign that somethings off. Steer clear and choose another clinic with different owners.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Risk of owner being a bad one.
Working at Laser Clinics Australia was possibly one of my worst experiences, the owner and his wife very much disregarded fair work policies, the wife is a bully and would constantly comment on coworkers appearance. I would not recommend anyone to work there. There was minimal training and promises of training that was never followed through.
Pros
Discounted skin care
Cons
Toxic environment
Loved the job however they underpay so they never keep staff, if they paid staff the correct wages they wouldn't have such high turn over. Shame when you see owner driving a $160000 car, if he didnt spend so much money on cars he could afford to pay his staff correctly.
Cons
Managers were strict and not understanding. Coworkers acted like they were in competition with you. You are expected to be comfortable and know everything after your first day.
Pros
High salary
Cons
No hours
Great team to work with, always training and learning new things on the job. Good balance of work 4 days on, 3 off one being a day at the weekend, even though the working day is long it gives you an extra day off.
Pros
Great team and training
Cons
No cons
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Unfortunately I was moving back home to Ireland, so I had to leave. I had a very happy work environment
Pros
na
Cons
na
Bad company, long shift with not breaks. Sometimes work 13hoirs and only get to have lunch. I not like to work for this company. Do not work for them.
Pros
38hours work 4 days
Cons
Long hours no break
Days and vary from busy to quick work with usually like minded people making it easy to make friends. A lot of training supplied. work 4 days over full time so you get 2 days of during the week and one on the week so makes it perfect if you want to study ect