Laser Clinics Australia Employee Reviews

Depressing, stressful, highly wouldn't recommend.
laser therapist/beauty therapist (Former Employee) –  Maribyrnong VIC 30322 May 2019
Working at Laser Clinics Australia was horrible, treated as if you were nothing and told that you are "a number that can get sacked at any given point". The KPI's were unbelievably stressful, getting told we either push clients into buying or we will get a written warning. The management is constantly on a power trip, not helpful in the slightest and bullied staff. You are in constant competition with your colleagues, suppose to work as a team but every day you're fighting for your job. Humiliation is a daily task, instead of being pulled aside to discuss a matter you are forced to reconcile in front of your "team". Working over time 12+ hours in 1 day with 2x 30 minute breaks, not allowed to use the rest room other than those times, dehydration is something you'll have to get used to. If you want a job where you will be belittled, bullied, humiliated, underpayment, treated like an animal and constantly riddled with anxiety, then working at LCA is the job for you.
Pros
The close friendships you make over mutual hate.
Cons
underpayment & the management.
Depressing
Laser Therapist (Former Employee) –  Top Ryde NSW19 March 2019
I felt depressed working there...on my way to work I would be on the phone with my best friend telling her I wanna go home and she would laugh and be like what the heck ur on ur way to work. Yeah that’s how I felt. Girls are too fake and competitive. If ur too nice they will take advantage....the owners don’t care about the employees they just care about money.
Pros
Free laser treatments
Cons
Fake environment, underpaid, short breaks long hours
bad company!!!
cosmetic injector (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 March 2019
bad company to work at if youre an injector, especially if youre a new injector. your expenses wont outweigh your earnings. you only get paid when you have clients. you can be waiting all day without earning a single cent.
Pros
discounted skin products
Cons
not enough earnings
dont work here
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 January 2019
i loved the girls i worked with but the owners were so rude to me. I was underpaid on a couple of occasions and they told me they would sort it out and they never did. i never felt praised in my role , so I left
Great Company, just pick the right clinic!
Laser technician (Former Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD29 January 2019
LCA as a whole is fantastic, I love the fact you get all your hours done in 4 days and have 3 days off. The perks are great including discounted product and treatments. LCA head office staff are fantastic and so are most owners. Just make sure you pick the right clinic! They are all franchised so your owners are a big part of how your work life will be! DO NOT work for ROBINA OR PACIFIC FAIR. Horrific, inexperienced owners who bully their staff out of their jobs. Play favourites constantly and have a new employee every week that they target to make miserable. Incredibly high staff turnover....which is a direct sign that somethings off. Steer clear and choose another clinic with different owners.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Risk of owner being a bad one.
Would not reccommend
Laser therapist (Former Employee) –  Queensland21 November 2018
Working at Laser Clinics Australia was possibly one of my worst experiences, the owner and his wife very much disregarded fair work policies, the wife is a bully and would constantly comment on coworkers appearance. I would not recommend anyone to work there. There was minimal training and promises of training that was never followed through.
Pros
Discounted skin care
Cons
Toxic environment
Underpayment of wages
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC10 June 2018
Loved the job however they underpay so they never keep staff, if they paid staff the correct wages they wouldn't have such high turn over. Shame when you see owner driving a $160000 car, if he didnt spend so much money on cars he could afford to pay his staff correctly.
Very strict
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Queensland22 January 2018
Managers were strict and not understanding. Coworkers acted like they were in competition with you. You are expected to be comfortable and know everything after your first day.
Pros
High salary
Cons
No hours
Loved it
Laser Therapist (Former Employee) –  New South Wales8 November 2017
Great team to work with, always training and learning new things on the job. Good balance of work 4 days on, 3 off one being a day at the weekend, even though the working day is long it gives you an extra day off.
Pros
Great team and training
Cons
No cons
Specialist & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 October 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Unfortunately I was moving back home to Ireland, so I had to leave. I had a very happy work environment
Pros
na
Cons
na
Not a good company
Laser technician (Former Employee) –  NSW26 January 2017
Bad company, long shift with not breaks. Sometimes work 13hoirs and only get to have lunch. I not like to work for this company. Do not work for them.
Pros
38hours work 4 days
Cons
Long hours no break
fun workplace supportive team enivorment
Receptionist/ Laser hair removal (Former Employee) –  AU16 July 2016
Days and vary from busy to quick work with usually like minded people making it easy to make friends. A lot of training supplied. work 4 days over full time so you get 2 days of during the week and one on the week so makes it perfect if you want to study ect
Great team and environment
Digital marketing manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia29 September 2015
A collaborative place to work with a great team and a fun product. Under private equity co-ownership, the pace was fast and motivating.
Pros
Free treatment, great culture, caring environment