Laser Clinics Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Laser Clinics Australia reviews

Laser Clinics Australia

Laser Clinics Australia Employee Review

Stressful and Anxiety inducing

Being a Laser Therapist gets boring very quickly. The hours are VERY long with little to no breaks. Customers are often very rude, so is management...

Pros

Free treatments, good pay

Cons

Long hours, short-no breaks, very busy.

Same role

Soul destroying

You get promised the world at your interview and when you accept the position, but after a week or so LCA show their true colours. They will only show you how to treat one area with laser then expect you to be 100% perfect at every treatment from day dot. Even if you've never done laser before, they expect you to be as expert and if you aren't you are belittled in front of other staff about how bad you are at your job. They give you absolutely no computer or reception training and get angry when you don't get it, how can you do it without mistakes when you're not trained!Management is almost never in clinic so they assign team leaders who have no management experience who make it clear who their favourites are and will gossip between eachother and isolate you. The team leaders if they don't like you, will report false information about your performance to management. Don't believe ANYTHING they promise you, it's all fluff to draw you in so they then can destroy you mentally, emotionally and physically. You won't get toilet breaks, they will force you to speed through treatments so you can get clients or the front to push sashes on poor quality skincare (so then the treatments given are of poor quality), little to no training and no care for clients they just see them as money not people. If you accept a job here expect to be talked to awfully, feel sick to the stomach on your way to work and no opportunity for career advancementI don't think i even want to be in this industry anymore. You try your hardest and do great work and its never recognised, but they will make -

Pros

When your shift ends you can go home and curl up in bed and cry

Cons

Long hours, no care for employee mental or physical health, no toilet breaks, poor management, bullying, favoritism, unrealistic expectations and too many others to list
Same role

Horrible

The job was extremely stressful, 12 hour shifts, management was extremely pressuring to make KPI's (the KPI's were completely unachievable and would be CONSTANTLY threatened with getting the sack if we didn't make the numbers) and the other girls I worked with were horrible to deal with. The demographic of clients were rude, products that they sell are also bad (everything contains alcohol) and filled with artificial fragrances. Wages were below the average, no overtime offered on weekends. They don't care about their clients at all, not fussed on how their results are going and are after their money. This job drove me to quitting the industry. Because of the terrible working conditions, I think I only lasted under a month.
Same location

Awful experience

This was the worst experience of my life. There are some pros such as free treatments and getting your hours done in 3-4 days and having the rest of the week off, but the cons far out way the pros. Hardly any training and was made to do treatments feeling very unsure, long days doing the same thing with no room to progress, short breaks, no extra pay for public holidays, awful girls who gossip all day and make you feel terrible and the list can go on. I had one nice manager and one terrible one which leaves you dreading to go into work. I would not recommend working at LCA at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Clinics Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4

• Laser Clinics Australia
  • Stressful and Anxiety inducing
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?