Laser Clinics Australia
View all Laser Clinics Australia reviews

Laser Clinics Australia

Laser Clinics Australia Employee Review

Stressful & depressing

Laser Clinics Australia is a fantastic place to work if you dont care about having poor mental health and well-being. Be prepared for long hours with minimal (and often missed) tea breaks, insufficient pay and poorly managed clients. And to top it all off; be prepared for a supper toxic work environment. Be prepared to have no support from upper management and be spoken to in a condescending, passive aggressive manner.Upper management and business owners carry zero empathy towards staff wellbeing. If you call in sick on a rostered day on, you will be talked about and be made to feel bad- you will soon feel the guilt eat you alive if you call in sick, so be expected to work when you’re sick (even during a health pandemic). Many clinics have high staffing turnover, due to the depression and anxiety one develops from working at LCA. The one star is given to the friendships you make from bonding over mutual diike for managers, owners and LCA in general.

Pros

I guess free treatments

Cons

Lots of things; long hours, poorly managed clients, no support, greedy owners, rude managers

Same role

If you think you’re going to earn good money as an injector with this company… you’re wrong!

I was so excited to transition my nursing career to the world of cosmetic injecting, but I really should have never started with LCA to do it. First of all they made me pay ridiculous amounts of money to set myself up as a company and I had to pay my own workers comp insurance etc this ended up costing me over 2k just to get started. They don’t want any liability on themselves so you will be working as a contractor but expected to perform and work like a staff member. You are made to stay in clinic even when there are no clients just in case someone walks in and you literally just sit there for hours and hours doing nothing or being made to do reception work even though you are getting paid NOTHING as they pay you solely commission. Did I mention this commission structure sets you up for ultimate failure? They take 70% of profits so you are left with the 30% which doesn’t end up being much at all. The contract you sign when you begin basically outlines scare tactics that mention if you want to leave them, you have to pay back the whole cost of training provided to you (being around 18k). I LOVED injecting but LCA made it so stressful for me so I decided to look elsewhere. Please don’t waste your time, you are set up for failure.

Pros

Cheap treatments

Cons

Long hours not being paid, being made to do unnecessary work even when you’re not being paid, scare tactics in your contract, low earnings and high overhead costs
Same role

Generally most floor staff were friendly and helpful

Extremely stressful for little reward, despite my best effort and working outside business hours . Most days I went home not earning any money . I wouldn’t recommend working for LCA to anyone.

Pros

General floor staff were helpful and professional

Cons

Long exhausting hours
Same location

Favouritism and bullying culture

Manager was very inappropriate and unprofessional. Favouritism between staff members so you would be doing a lot of the work while they are having multiple breaks. Spoken to as if you are a child and sales are a massive focus. Can sometimes be difficult to be genuine with clients while treating them as you need to try to talk about products or other treatments. Loved the actual work, not the environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Clinics Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Laser Clinics Australia