Laser Clinics Australia logo
Laser Clinics Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Laser Clinics Australia Employee Reviews

2.5Work–Life Balance

Generally most floor staff were friendly and helpful

Extremely stressful for little reward, despite my best effort and working outside business hours . Most days I went home not earning any money . I wouldn’t recommend working for LCA to anyone.

Pros

General floor staff were helpful and professional

Cons

Long exhausting hours

over worked and underpaid

experience at LCA Highpoint. Always seemed to be understaff. Hired very unexperienced staff and didn't train correctly. Throws you into the deep end and daily work is very stressful as timing is always an issue. customers can see staff turn over and never satisfied with different results from different therapist all the time. They burn you out and work you to the core. Commission is never paid - always an excuse why. Give you warnings for unreasonable things like going to the toilet "too many times" - staff are lucky to even get a break. Manager is so rude and do not care about the workers at all.

Pros

free treatments

Cons

long hours, understaffed, underpaid & stressful daily

Soul destroying

You get promised the world at your interview and when you accept the position, but after a week or so LCA show their true colours. They will only show you how to treat one area with laser then expect you to be 100% perfect at every treatment from day dot. Even if you've never done laser before, they expect you to be as expert and if you aren't you are belittled in front of other staff about how bad you are at your job. They give you absolutely no computer or reception training and get angry when you don't get it, how can you do it without mistakes when you're not trained!Management is almost never in clinic so they assign team leaders who have no management experience who make it clear who their favourites are and will gossip between eachother and isolate you. The team leaders if they don't like you, will report false information about your performance to management. Don't believe ANYTHING they promise you, it's all fluff to draw you in so they then can destroy you mentally, emotionally and physically. You won't get toilet breaks, they will force you to speed through treatments so you can get clients or the front to push sashes on poor quality skincare (so then the treatments given are of poor quality), little to no training and no care for clients they just see them as money not people. If you accept a job here expect to be talked to awfully, feel sick to the stomach on your way to work and no opportunity for career advancementI don't think i even want to be in this industry anymore. You try your hardest and do great work and its never recognised, but they will make -

Pros

When your shift ends you can go home and curl up in bed and cry

Cons

Long hours, no care for employee mental or physical health, no toilet breaks, poor management, bullying, favoritism, unrealistic expectations and too many others to list

Low quality work environment

Well where to start?Head office are never on the ground,they interchange managers as they please and destroy people livelihoods even if your a permanent employee..upper management is the poorest level always replacing someone ..even the area managers are replaced.To work here you will completely get over having no recognition for your hard work..they dont know anything about the staff you really need a decent owner and they are few and far between ..girls are uncontrollably backstabbing just very low quality staff are not trained to standard and even unqualified.

Pros

Free treatments and cheap injectables to keep staff

Cons

Unprofessional managers & upper management extremely poor

Stressful & depressing

Laser Clinics Australia is a fantastic place to work if you dont care about having poor mental health and well-being. Be prepared for long hours with minimal (and often missed) tea breaks, insufficient pay and poorly managed clients. And to top it all off; be prepared for a supper toxic work environment. Be prepared to have no support from upper management and be spoken to in a condescending, passive aggressive manner.Upper management and business owners carry zero empathy towards staff wellbeing. If you call in sick on a rostered day on, you will be talked about and be made to feel bad- you will soon feel the guilt eat you alive if you call in sick, so be expected to work when you’re sick (even during a health pandemic). Many clinics have high staffing turnover, due to the depression and anxiety one develops from working at LCA. The one star is given to the friendships you make from bonding over mutual diike for managers, owners and LCA in general.

Pros

I guess free treatments

Cons

Lots of things; long hours, poorly managed clients, no support, greedy owners, rude managers

Fast paced, great career choice!

Many benefits and great career progression. The owners really care for the staff, and managers are supportive. A busy and fast-paced environment so you must be efficient and organised. However, you only work four days so that works for me. I highly recommend Pacific fair & Robina LCA! Excellent training and education are provided. Good work culture.

Pros

Staff discounts on products, free laser/skin treatments, generous bonus structure

Cons

Mostly very busy and fast paced clinics

injector

Horrible corporate culture places profit over safety. Greedy bossy owner with no respect for patient care or best practices, or for nursing profession

Pros

Cons

everything

Do not work here

If you want to work in a toxic environment where your co workers are negative people who complain about their weight & lives on a daily basis then I would suggest working here.

Fun workplace when you have a good team

Fast paced at times but if you thrive of this you will be well suited. No fluffy salon treatments. I am still working there so it must be ok. Team members and clients make the days fun and enjoyable.

Good company

Lots of opportunity for growth and education. Really good training program and support from management. Everyone is well presented and friendly - would recommend working here.

Jobs at Laser Clinics Australia

See more jobs

Horrible

The job was extremely stressful, 12 hour shifts, management was extremely pressuring to make KPI's (the KPI's were completely unachievable and would be CONSTANTLY threatened with getting the sack if we didn't make the numbers) and the other girls I worked with were horrible to deal with. The demographic of clients were rude, products that they sell are also bad (everything contains alcohol) and filled with artificial fragrances. Wages were below the average, no overtime offered on weekends. They don't care about their clients at all, not fussed on how their results are going and are after their money. This job drove me to quitting the industry. Because of the terrible working conditions, I think I only lasted under a month.

Favouritism and bullying culture

Manager was very inappropriate and unprofessional. Favouritism between staff members so you would be doing a lot of the work while they are having multiple breaks. Spoken to as if you are a child and sales are a massive focus. Can sometimes be difficult to be genuine with clients while treating them as you need to try to talk about products or other treatments. Loved the actual work, not the environment.

Awful experience

This was the worst experience of my life. There are some pros such as free treatments and getting your hours done in 3-4 days and having the rest of the week off, but the cons far out way the pros. Hardly any training and was made to do treatments feeling very unsure, long days doing the same thing with no room to progress, short breaks, no extra pay for public holidays, awful girls who gossip all day and make you feel terrible and the list can go on. I had one nice manager and one terrible one which leaves you dreading to go into work. I would not recommend working at LCA at all.

Work was great, although once you’ve worked here for a while there isn’t much progression. Although, benefits and discounts are great, and they provide a lot of training. Although not a lot of work life balance and always working weekends

Pros

Discounts on products and services, a lot of training

Cons

Long hours, not a lot of work life balance, terrible for annual leave

Depressing, stressful, highly wouldn't recommend.

Working at Laser Clinics Australia was horrible, treated as if you were nothing and told that you are "a number that can get sacked at any given point". The KPI's were unbelievably stressful, getting told we either push clients into buying or we will get a written warning. The management is constantly on a power trip, not helpful in the slightest and bullied staff. You are in constant competition with your colleagues, suppose to work as a team but every day you're fighting for your job. Humiliation is a daily task, instead of being pulled aside to discuss a matter you are forced to reconcile in front of your "team". Working over time 12+ hours in 1 day with 2x 30 minute breaks, not allowed to use the rest room other than those times, dehydration is something you'll have to get used to. If you want a job where you will be belittled, bullied, humiliated, underpayment, treated like an animal and constantly riddled with anxiety, then working at LCA is the job for you.

Pros

The close friendships you make over mutual hate.

Cons

underpayment & the management.

Stressful and Anxiety inducing

Being a Laser Therapist gets boring very quickly. The hours are VERY long with little to no breaks. Customers are often very rude, so is management...

Pros

Free treatments, good pay

Cons

Long hours, short-no breaks, very busy.

Depressing

I felt depressed working there...on my way to work I would be on the phone with my best friend telling her I wanna go home and she would laugh and be like what the heck ur on ur way to work. Yeah that’s how I felt. Girls are too fake and competitive. If ur too nice they will take advantage....the owners don’t care about the employees they just care about money.

Pros

Free laser treatments

Cons

Fake environment, underpaid, short breaks long hours

bad company!!!

bad company to work at if youre an injector, especially if youre a new injector. your expenses wont outweigh your earnings. you only get paid when you have clients. you can be waiting all day without earning a single cent.

Pros

discounted skin products

Cons

not enough earnings

dont work here

i loved the girls i worked with but the owners were so rude to me. I was underpaid on a couple of occasions and they told me they would sort it out and they never did. i never felt praised in my role , so I left

Underpayment of wages

Loved the job however they underpay so they never keep staff, if they paid staff the correct wages they wouldn't have such high turn over. Shame when you see owner driving a $160000 car, if he didnt spend so much money on cars he could afford to pay his staff correctly.

Very strict

Managers were strict and not understanding. Coworkers acted like they were in competition with you. You are expected to be comfortable and know everything after your first day.

Pros

High salary

Cons

No hours
  • Laser Clinics Australia