Latitude Financial Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Latitude Financial Services Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Teams are allowed to get on and deliver. Management empower individuals to deliver. Good people and can-do attitude all-round. Staff well looked after
It was a fast-paced call centre department that could have paid employees higher especially for the work ethic they demanded. Location was convenient and team leaders were helpful.
The 'Heads Of 'lacked experience, capability and avoided interaction. Many were lazy as well with poor skills and quite often not at accessible - 'working from home' or simply blocking out their calendars while being at work.
Managers did not want to address these problems preferring to go behind your back to exit you from the organization.

Shocking lack of project structure and governance contributing to people not being responsible or made accountable for their actions (or lack of action).
Pros
Relaxed dress standard
Cons
Lack of structure, no program or project framework or governance, lack of experienced or competent Heads
The drive to work was awesome listening to music and looking at the trees. sometimes birds would stop by and say hi. the birds are freindly in springfield.
Lots of flexibility and great people. Environment extremely competitive and lots of change.

Lots of autonomy and room to innovate and create. Tech & Digital great place to work if you're an engineer or architect.

However financial services currently in an environment of high competition, royal commission and poor employee engagement.
Latitude Management are horrible people and especially a Swedish guy called Magnus who was a corporate bully and just a horrible place all together. I recommedn people to stay away.
Was a great place to work but changes in senior management and the CEO lead to unhappy workplace and great job insecurity AVOID LFS for the next five years or until there is a new CEO!!!
Pros
Cons
No recognition or appreciation
Provides good grounding for graduates starting out their career as you will be exposed to the full lending lifecycle as Latitude is smaller than some other financial institutions.
Do not put yourself through the pain of even applying for a position with them. They do care or have any respect for anyone within or outside their company!!! Please do not waste your time with them!
Pros
Cons
Endless
LFS lives their values & would generally align to being a progressive company in regards to work life balance, the take 5 initiative &
gender/cultural diversity.
Pros
People, learning, environment, work
Cons
Growing company, small growing pains should always be expected
Going into a collections role without any experience is very daunting. From my experience at LFS I believe new employers should be given more time for training. To be expected to get on the phones and abide by company policies and procedures after only 9 days of training and reach the expected KPI's is unrealistic.
Pros
complimentary tea and coffee
Cons
lack of training and empathetic guidance to those who have no experience
Company has sadly gone downhill since being sold by GE Capital in late 2016. Very little prospects for internal promotion regardless of results and effort put in. Management set unrealistic targets for staff. Great place to work if you do not want to progress in your career or are thinking of retiring soon.
Pros
Great people and decent systems
Cons
no career progression possible, impossible targets
Very good staff and management. The company is very large and a corporate environment. Provided adequate training by expert people and you have every opportunity to interact with management and the leadership has very clear vision and open to all suggestions.
Working at Latitude taught me not only workplace lessons and values but personal and lifelong skills that I will bear with me for my long and hopefully prosperous career.
The coaches are great. Don't take sick leave. Make sure you can reach targets at all times. Don't get enough time for lunch breaks or normal breaks. The people around you are awesome!
Cons
Don't get paid enough for what ha to be done.
I worked at Latitude Financial Services (formerly known as GE) for more than 11.5 years. During my tenure I held different positions from Team Manager to senior support staff. What I loved the most about working in Latitude was the work life balance it provided me after I had my son. I use to work 2 long days (10 hours) and that gave me the flexibility to not leave my job and yet be able to spend adequate time with my son.

Last September I was made redundant as part of a big re-structuring that took place after GE was bought over by Latitude.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of job security after GE was bought over