Latrobe Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

its an educative work place
a student (Former Employee) –  Taralagon16 November 2016
it was a good and calm enviroment , on my first at work i felt nervous till i spoke with the workers , they were so nice and helpful .
working in Latrobe hospitals gives me a lot of knowledge about working in team .the LR H workers worked in team to help a patience feel better and comfortable . i found it really hard to get comfortable on my first day but i had help which helped me and gave me confident .my enjoyable part is having lunch and chatting with the workers , the way they talk and share problems with it each other and solve is really interesting . i learn t something during my work experience there is that everything is not only about money its also to help other benefit to make thing right
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC14 September 2016
Patient hand-over from previous staff about patients and their required care.
Mostly supportive co-workers and management (like any work environment you learn who you can and can't approach for assistance)
Having to pick up the slack of lazy co-workers from time to time. This impacts the quality of care I can provide because I can get stretch too thin, & this can affect my patients as a result - in mental health, this means that I may not be able to observe early warning signs of my clients decreasing mental state and act as promptly as I would have if I wasn't tired up doing other tasks which we're assigned to co-workers.
Having patients and their family thank me for what I have done is very rewarding!
Seeing positive results physically and mentally are also very rewarding!
Pros
PLENTY on work! Good pay for casual Nurses
Cons
Staff mix wasn't always good, not always enough experienced staff. Good for the most parts!
Typical Day
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC4 November 2015
It was pretty fun, i enjoyed every bit of it. The staff was lovely and the best part was learning what it was like working in an actual hospital environment.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Traralgon, VIC28 April 2014
My job at La Trobe Regional Hospital was great. The staff and patients made it a joy to go to work each day.
Supportive and Friendly Organisation
Registered Nurse - Division 1 (Current Employee) –  Traralgon, VIC3 February 2014
Busy and challenging but rewarding and satisfying place to work. Management and colleagues are very supportive and understanding. There is high turn over of patients because we are a Regional Hospital covering a wide area of Rural Victoria but we love it because we are here to help!
Pros
Supportive employer
Cons
Emergency Department too small for the population and area covered.
Caring and Loyal Workplace
Enviromental Services / Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Traralgon19 January 2013
My job is based in the Critical Care Unit of our local Hospital. I am in close contact with the patients and their families, sometimes under very sad circumstances.The management and my co workers show respect and understanding to me at all times due to my manual work around the patients. I have learnt to be flexible, and very indiscreet when cleaning around the patients.
The enjoyable part of my job is the contact I have with patients and
their families, and to be of any help or assistance to my co-workers.
Pros
good help and support from my co-workers
Cons
management favouritism to minor few
Overall I like and I'm happy with my job; but I want to advance forward
RN DIVISION 1 / SENIOR ED NURSE (Current Employee) –  TRARALGON VIC 384423 November 2012
My job has been very challenging and interesting; learning new things almost every day. The working relationship with one another is very cordial. Most times as well, the clients being looked after are very lovely giving opportunity to demonstrate positve interpersonal relationship.
The hardest part of the job is getting overwhelmingly busy at times but this also has its benefit on the part of the staff: improving skill in managing busy clinical situation. \
Overall, I enjoy the emergency nature of my job; seeing my patients receiving prompt care in order of priority with discomfort put under control. I also enjoy the usual closely caring for patients liaising with other healthcare team members.
Pros
team work in very busy time
Cons
terribly busy and seemingly chaotic encounters.