Latrobe Regional Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Latrobe Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
Suportive workers, well appointed unit , innovative and productive unit. Excellent communication & service delivery between external community bodies. Supportive service providers for clients
I have worked at Latrobe Regional Hospital for 13months and it was the best decision I ever made. The hospital have a cultures that prepares their staff for every stormy weather in times of skills and building confidence so that their staff is prepared to face any potential employers in future. The growth opportunity coupled with the fun, hard working environment, and the ability to make as much money as you want is like no other job I have ever had. The management team is really focused on making you successful in your career and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are generally interested in learning and applying knowledge to an overall task that's very hard to argue with. Hence, I have been able to learn so much from my colleagues and the consumers alike. In conclusion, Latrobe Regional Hospital is absolutely an amazing place to work. I have learned a lot and gained huge experience. I would certainly recommend for people who will like to work with dynamic people and in a loving environment
Pros
Be hospitable and hardworking
Cons
Unfaithfulness
it was a good and calm enviroment , on my first at work i felt nervous till i spoke with the workers , they were so nice and helpful .
working in Latrobe hospitals gives me a lot of knowledge about working in team .the LR H workers worked in team to help a patience feel better and comfortable . i found it really hard to get comfortable on my first day but i had help which helped me and gave me confident .my enjoyable part is having lunch and chatting with the workers , the way they talk and share problems with it each other and solve is really interesting . i learn t something during my work experience there is that everything is not only about money its also to help other benefit to make thing right
Patient hand-over from previous staff about patients and their required care.
Mostly supportive co-workers and management (like any work environment you learn who you can and can't approach for assistance)

Having to pick up the slack of lazy co-workers from time to time. This impacts the quality of care I can provide because I can get stretch too thin, & this can affect my patients as a result - in mental health, this means that I may not be able to observe early warning signs of my clients decreasing mental state and act as promptly as I would have if I wasn't tired up doing other tasks which we're assigned to co-workers.

Having patients and their family thank me for what I have done is very rewarding!

Seeing positive results physically and mentally are also very rewarding!
Pros
PLENTY on work! Good pay for casual Nurses
Cons
Staff mix wasn't always good, not always enough experienced staff. Good for the most parts!
It was pretty fun, i enjoyed every bit of it. The staff was lovely and the best part was learning what it was like working in an actual hospital environment.
My job at La Trobe Regional Hospital was great. The staff and patients made it a joy to go to work each day.
Busy and challenging but rewarding and satisfying place to work. Management and colleagues are very supportive and understanding. There is high turn over of patients because we are a Regional Hospital covering a wide area of Rural Victoria but we love it because we are here to help!
Pros
Supportive employer
Cons
Emergency Department too small for the population and area covered.
My job is based in the Critical Care Unit of our local Hospital. I am in close contact with the patients and their families, sometimes under very sad circumstances.The management and my co workers show respect and understanding to me at all times due to my manual work around the patients. I have learnt to be flexible, and very indiscreet when cleaning around the patients.
The enjoyable part of my job is the contact I have with patients and

their families, and to be of any help or assistance to my co-workers.
Pros
good help and support from my co-workers
Cons
management favouritism to minor few
My job has been very challenging and interesting; learning new things almost every day. The working relationship with one another is very cordial. Most times as well, the clients being looked after are very lovely giving opportunity to demonstrate positve interpersonal relationship.
The hardest part of the job is getting overwhelmingly busy at times but this also has its benefit on the part of the staff: improving skill in managing busy clinical situation. \

Overall, I enjoy the emergency nature of my job; seeing my patients receiving prompt care in order of priority with discomfort put under control. I also enjoy the usual closely caring for patients liaising with other healthcare team members.
Pros
team work in very busy time
Cons
terribly busy and seemingly chaotic encounters.