Latrobe Regional Hospital

12: Latrobe Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Highly stressful , busy place to work

Suportive workers, well appointed unit , innovative and productive unit. Excellent communication & service delivery between external community bodies. Supportive service providers for clients

Started off a great place to work

Micro managed to the emph degree! Poor management and bullying culture. Poor maintenance of equipment resulting in OHS issues and injuries to myself and others.

Pros

Made some good friendships

Cons

Bullying culture

Poor culture

This organisation is unprofessional from the top down, Snr managers are bullies and aggressive, there is no nurturing of junior staff, support is non existent.Work here if you want your mental health and well-being compromised significantly.

Pros

Walking away from my position

Cons

Being appointed by this organisation

Good experience but worst management

Good collaboration with different teams and disciplines. Bad management who will not recognise and assist your needs. Unsupportive management. Enjoyed working with colleagues.

Pros

Free parking, no hectic traffic to work

Cons

Unappreciative, unrecognised hard work

I have worked at Latrobe Regional Hospital for 13months and it was the best decision I ever made. The hospital have a cultures that prepares their staff for every stormy weather in times of skills and building confidence so that their staff is prepared to face any potential employers in future. The growth opportunity coupled with the fun, hard working environment, and the ability to make as much money as you want is like no other job I have ever had. The management team is really focused on making you successful in your career and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are generally interested in learning and applying knowledge to an overall task that's very hard to argue with. Hence, I have been able to learn so much from my colleagues and the consumers alike. In conclusion, Latrobe Regional Hospital is absolutely an amazing place to work. I have learned a lot and gained huge experience. I would certainly recommend for people who will like to work with dynamic people and in a loving environment

Pros

Be hospitable and hardworking

Cons

Unfaithfulness

its an educative work place

it was a good and calm enviroment , on my first at work i felt nervous till i spoke with the workers , they were so nice and helpful . working in Latrobe hospitals gives me a lot of knowledge about working in team .the LR H workers worked in team to help a patience feel better and comfortable . i found it really hard to get comfortable on my first day but i had help which helped me and gave me confident .my enjoyable part is having lunch and chatting with the workers , the way they talk and share problems with it each other and solve is really interesting . i learn t something during my work experience there is that everything is not only about money its also to help other benefit to make thing right

Patient hand-over from previous staff about patients and their required care. Mostly supportive co-workers and management (like any work environment you learn who you can and can't approach for assistance) Having to pick up the slack of lazy co-workers from time to time. This impacts the quality of care I can provide because I can get stretch too thin, & this can affect my patients as a result - in mental health, this means that I may not be able to observe early warning signs of my clients decreasing mental state and act as promptly as I would have if I wasn't tired up doing other tasks which we're assigned to co-workers. Having patients and their family thank me for what I have done is very rewarding! Seeing positive results physically and mentally are also very rewarding!

Pros

PLENTY on work! Good pay for casual Nurses

Cons

Staff mix wasn't always good, not always enough experienced staff. Good for the most parts!

Typical Day

It was pretty fun, i enjoyed every bit of it. The staff was lovely and the best part was learning what it was like working in an actual hospital environment.

My job at La Trobe Regional Hospital was great. The staff and patients made it a joy to go to work each day.

Supportive and Friendly Organisation

Busy and challenging but rewarding and satisfying place to work. Management and colleagues are very supportive and understanding. There is high turn over of patients because we are a Regional Hospital covering a wide area of Rural Victoria but we love it because we are here to help!

Pros

Supportive employer

Cons

Emergency Department too small for the population and area covered.

Caring and Loyal Workplace

My job is based in the Critical Care Unit of our local Hospital. I am in close contact with the patients and their families, sometimes under very sad circumstances.The management and my co workers show respect and understanding to me at all times due to my manual work around the patients. I have learnt to be flexible, and very indiscreet when cleaning around the patients.The enjoyable part of my job is the contact I have with patients andtheir families, and to be of any help or assistance to my co-workers.

Pros

good help and support from my co-workers

Cons

management favouritism to minor few

Overall I like and I'm happy with my job; but I want to advance forward

My job has been very challenging and interesting; learning new things almost every day. The working relationship with one another is very cordial. Most times as well, the clients being looked after are very lovely giving opportunity to demonstrate positve interpersonal relationship.The hardest part of the job is getting overwhelmingly busy at times but this also has its benefit on the part of the staff: improving skill in managing busy clinical situation. \Overall, I enjoy the emergency nature of my job; seeing my patients receiving prompt care in order of priority with discomfort put under control. I also enjoy the usual closely caring for patients liaising with other healthcare team members.

Pros

team work in very busy time

Cons

terribly busy and seemingly chaotic encounters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Latrobe Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Latrobe Regional Hospital with

Latrobe Regional Hospital Reviews by Location

Learn about Latrobe Regional Hospital in popular locations

• Latrobe Regional Hospital
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?