Laureate International Universities
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Laureate International Universities Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
I learned to be proactive and understand that the education environment can be volatile. Staff needs to be equip to be ready for constant organisational changes.
Pros
Breakfast available
Cons
Constant changes in structure
Extremely qualified colleagues, incredible support from senior staff members (not management). Excellent locations across the CBD and Inner Sydney. Amazing students and variety in cultures.
However, profit-oriented administration out of touch dealing training and education. HR allows toxic culture.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Poor systems
Management changes their mind often about how to move forward and the students suffer. Students state they'd never recommend the course. Limited flexibility with set days in trimester which affects work /life balance. One rule for one but not others. Pulled from work to do others jobs with no warning.
Good attempt at team culture but working against this toxic environment.
Such a terrible work culture. Management are bullies. The staff morale is poor. The wages are poor. It’s unorganised and unprofessional unsafe workplace. Old Staff playing mind games to bullying new joined, hiding information and poor training.

I feel for the students as I feel they do not get what they pay for.
Pros
Non
Cons
Unsafe environment, not trustworthy team and management
A pleasure to be both a student and employee of!
Offer great opportunities for both students and staff alike in industries such as hospitality, business, design and health
Such a terrible work culture. Management are bullies. The staff morale is poor. The wages are poor. It’s unorganised and some people have worked there far too long and it shows. I feel for the students as I feel they do not get what they pay for.
Pros
The last day.
Cons
A terrible work culture.
Constantly changing priorities and chaos. People constantly being thrown under the bus. No trust. There was little interest in providing the leadership and the certainty that people needed and engagement was very low.
The Laureate is a network of more than 80 universities offering undergraduate and graduate degree courses to over 1,000,000 students around the world.

Responsibilities:

• Active participation in Open Days and information evenings

• Communication with students

• Presentations

• Educational consultancy
It is certainly an interesting place to work. This is a good place to practice and work on resilience. There are some nice people, bad systems and poor judgements here.
Pros
Fryhwte ywtre
Cons
Fwrty wtryuw uw rtey
The company has some great staff, especially in the academic and student welfare side. The facilities are of high standard and staff really care about the students.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Limited progression oppertunities
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Laureate International Universities?
Working for Laureate was a great experience as this was my first opportunity working within the education sector.
I gained new skills and opened my eyes to other areas of interest within education.
Pros
Cake days
Cons
High turn over of staff