Laurent Bakery
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Laurent Bakery Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Productive and fun loving place with nice employees.

Absolutely satisfied with the company's rules, regulations and policies. Multi cultural job site with people from different nationalities and working environment is very smooth.

Unhealthy and Toxic working environment

Doesn't matter if you are the greatest, most ambitious, most dedicated worker in the world, or a person who doesn't care with no experience, you will be treated the same in this company, and that's like a piece of rubbish. I still wonder how they can operate on this level by treating their staff like that! It literally feels like working in a sweat shop in a third world country. I myself had some financial difficulties and couldn't afford to quit. The management found out about it and used me to the point of no return. I was told on a few occasions after complaining about being treated like that, "why don't you quit? I know why, because of the money, you're broke and you need the shifts." The HR is useless. The company's too big to bother taking them to the court, you can just leave and do hours of therapy to move on from being degraded for however long you worked in that place...

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

You'll end up broken, physically and mentally

terrible place to work at, even for an hour

Toxic from the top to the bottom. Owner, to the head office to the management, they're there to bully the staff into working like slaves. You're being punished for everything. You ask for less shift, you'll get no shifts, you ask for a break you'll get yelled at, you drink water on shift, you'll get a warning. no matter what you do, you're always at fault... The shops don't have enough staff so to handle the rush hours, so you will be running around like a mad person. a barista is the floor person and the dishy and the cashier at the same time and if the coffee gets out late because you were out of cups, you'll get a warning. I have been in hospitality for years, I have never seen something as ridiculous as this place.

Pros

hours... there's always a shift to fill as people quit on a weekly basis

Cons

the toxic and unhealthy culture of the company

No fun

Poor working culture, stressful and toxic management. Making a single mistake given a written warning and making a second mistake to be fired straight away. I never seen this culture before.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Stressful, no guarantee for job even if you are full timer and served probation period.

Stay clear, there is no stability and lots of fear

If you like being screamed at, sworn at, personally attacked, not listened to, belittled and embarrassed publicly by the main man, then work at Laurent Bakery. Any new management that comes on board with good intentions of creating an emotionally safe culture gives up and leaves. Very few operators get past the probation period. The wages are worked out as a package and it is hard to tell what the base pay is.

Pros

The business has a Coles contract

Cons

The culture is shocking and it comes from the very top

Workplace culture

great factory workplace ..to work alot experience you can learn ..is the big food factory food around Melbourne and Australia... always look for safety work and great factory food

great working enviornment

loved working at Laurent Bakery great environment. very clean the bosses and all staff were great and very helpful A typical day at work there consisted of Machine operating and forklift driving

Toxic working environment

I have worked in food production over 20 years and this is one of the most unpleasant places I have ever worked. Because of toxic workplace culture normal workers never stay more then 2 weeks, that is why company is looking for new employees all the time

very well

I have very good experience work in this company. All the work are well experienced so face no difficulty. the envoirnment of this company is very well.

a new experience and a challenging work

after closing the bakery i have to vaccum and clean the floor through all the shop and clean all the tables in office regarding the bakery and collecting all the rubbish.cleaning toilets is hardest part and mopping and vaccuming is the part which i enjoyed.it is a new and good different tpye of experience

Nice place for work with nice people around and proper training provided

Typical day task include picking, packing and making pellets. The tasks also included the packing of the bakery products and checking for quality prior to packing the products.

Good experience

Production of many biscuits for cakes Production of mousse cakes 1000 daily Organisation of stocks and daily work Teach to new apprentice from school every 6 months Creation and development of new cakes.

all employees are very friendly never scold anybody

I have learn many skills while working in Laurent as this was first experience to work in the production environment.1. time management2. ability yo work under pressure and so on.

Pros

Free tea, coffee and bread

Cons

sometime to busy

Good experince

This was my favourite job, great company to work for. Food is sensational and coffee is great. Fun busy atmosphere when you areworking with the right team.

Productive and fast paced workplace

Work place is fine apart from some politics of bakers and packers. the management is french and bakers are french too. their attitude is very racist and based toward french employees.

Pros

Nice salary

Cons

no job security

Place Quality ans service

Place is good to work for fun people, staff really good and professional. They always support every candidate in any sort of work.

Good statup

I have worked as a full time employee as an IT Systems Engineer for three years in a manufacturing environment. This position has allowed me to develop clear, assertive, and emphatic communication style with a broad cross section of the end users. To be effective in recent point of sales system upgrade project in my current role at Laurent Bakery Pty Ltd, it is essential to work as a team member to ensure that the retail team access the appropriate professionals and services to reach a positive outcome. This involves developing a plan with others within the internal IT team along with services and professionals external to the organisation including software developers, Testing professionals, application packagers and network engineers. While being part of a team environment is rewarding and interesting, my role also requires me to make decisions independently and to work with minimal supervision.

Great team to work with

Great place to work with a fantastic team, I really learned a lot from the management there. Two days were never the same there was always something different to do.

Pros

Free Samples

Cons

No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurent Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Laurent Bakery