Laurent Bakery

Laurent Bakery Employee Reviews for Barista

Barista2 reviews
Australia2 reviews

Unhealthy and Toxic working environment

Doesn't matter if you are the greatest, most ambitious, most dedicated worker in the world, or a person who doesn't care with no experience, you will be treated the same in this company, and that's like a piece of rubbish. I still wonder how they can operate on this level by treating their staff like that! It literally feels like working in a sweat shop in a third world country. I myself had some financial difficulties and couldn't afford to quit. The management found out about it and used me to the point of no return. I was told on a few occasions after complaining about being treated like that, "why don't you quit? I know why, because of the money, you're broke and you need the shifts." The HR is useless. The company's too big to bother taking them to the court, you can just leave and do hours of therapy to move on from being degraded for however long you worked in that place...

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

You'll end up broken, physically and mentally

terrible place to work at, even for an hour

Toxic from the top to the bottom. Owner, to the head office to the management, they're there to bully the staff into working like slaves. You're being punished for everything. You ask for less shift, you'll get no shifts, you ask for a break you'll get yelled at, you drink water on shift, you'll get a warning. no matter what you do, you're always at fault... The shops don't have enough staff so to handle the rush hours, so you will be running around like a mad person. a barista is the floor person and the dishy and the cashier at the same time and if the coffee gets out late because you were out of cups, you'll get a warning. I have been in hospitality for years, I have never seen something as ridiculous as this place.

Pros

hours... there's always a shift to fill as people quit on a weekly basis

Cons

the toxic and unhealthy culture of the company

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Laurent Bakery?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurent Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Laurent Bakery with