Lendlease Employee Reviews

Great to work for
L/H Formwork carpenter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2019
Worked for Lend lease for 3 years. I found them very professional and great to work for. Wages were always paid on time and even got back pay due to EBA oversight. Also a very safe place to work.
Pros
Good money
It is a friendly environment and has many dedicated workers.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 January 2019
As a intern I am a bit on the outside, however the workers at lendlease are happy to keep you up to date. These are people who are passionate about their jobs and love discussing the work.
Pros
Free food in the lunch room
Very interesting.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melton Sth. Melbourne18 January 2019
The Project was housing development in Melbourne, as it was a first time experience in that field, it was interesting to watch the stages starting from the pegging out from Surveyors, the trenching for utilities, to finally wiring up the street lights.
Pros
Good relationship with the local Council & upper Management
fun and very happy envoiroment with great people
Site Administrator, Gateway Upgrade North Project (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 January 2019
like everywhere it has it's ups and downs but is always filed with smiles and laughter. everyone is always happy to get in and help out. filled with great people and management.
a Great company to work for
Confined Space and Trades Assistant (Former Employee) –  Biloela QLD12 January 2019
For the 6 weeks I worked with the company as a Contractor, I found they were professional, willing to educate and listen to observations.

They were safety conscious and provided a good working system.

As I have been employed as a Confined Space Sentry in many companies on short term and long term contracts. I found Lendlease had a good articulate system of a morning "Tool Box' to advise on daily work schedules, JSA and safety amongst personnel.

They are a good Company to work for.
Pros
good accommodation, meals were excellent and travel
Cons
12 hour shifts are normal.
Working in Pipeline and Motorway upgrade
Planning Engineer / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Queensland19 December 2018
Working in Pipeline and Motorway upgrade in Ipswich Queensland was contributed a lot to gain a lot of valuable experiences in the company. working along the most experienced manager I have ever met.
great company to work for
Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2018
enjoy working for lend lease, great workers and staff, work life outstanding a pleasure to work for, management are very easy to get along with, most enjoyable part of the job is what you make off it, you can make it enjoyable, by getting stuck in to you work and have fun about the task given.
Horrible culture
Senior ICT Project / Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW23 October 2018
Toxic environment in ICT and relationship with business stakeholders.
Highly political and worse than government organisations

I strongly recommend not to apply for any roles there for your own physical and mental health
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unfair, political, toxic, mediocre leadership in ICT, not EEO, jobs for the boys' club
Dont Do it
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA4 October 2018
this company consisted of the purple circle mentality. Usually only hire those with limited ability to perform basic trade skills. Management consisted of early 20yr old staff whom thought they were better then everyone else.

The shut downs were never consistent and were often left without the appropriate equipment for the job. If you have a tool bag make sure you pad lock it shut did loose lots of tools on site the theft rate was quite hi on the shutdowns.

Newman and Port Hedland Staff didn't know what the were doing purple circle mentality

Never could pay your wages correctly and then had to ring head office after almost every shut down
Pros
occasionally paid correctly
Cons
Juniors just out of a trade in managment, shut down frequency
A good employer
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 September 2018
A good place to work, offering employees experience on some of the largest and varied projects. The standard of its employees is very high, making it an extremely rewarding organisation to work for.
When Abigroup - AMAZING, have not worked with Lendlease
Project Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 August 2018
I worked with Abigroup as a Project Administrator on many projects in and around Melbourne. I left Abigroup prior to the Lendlease takeover. Abigroup and the people were AMAZING to work with.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Some intrastate travel required
Work/life balance, gender equality and diversity of projects
People and Culture (Current Employee) –  Australia6 August 2018
Genuine work/life balance - I work in the building division and we have implemented a 5 in 7 working week for our people on site. Its increased morale and we are seeing good results in retention.

Gender equality - I'm happy to say we are a diverse team and I feel this is important in the construction industry

Projects - I've been a part of many different types of jobs and industries. It's exciting to not just be a player in 1 sector such as resi, but we are well respected in lots of sectors.
Pros
Flexibility, gender diversity and variety of projects
Best employer I have worked for so far
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW25 July 2018
- Great flexibility offered as a result of me having transparent conversations with my manager
- If you put in 150%, work on process efficiencies and new ways of working, you will be rewarded. I know because I have.
- They are open to new ideas but still working on removing the layering that add to the bureaucracy
- Good staff benefits like staff deals, health checks, free flu vaccinations, wellbeing days and community day
- No one day is ever the same. In the 5 years that I have been with the organisation, I have seen so many changes happen so it gives you the opportunity to get involved in a number of projects and learn so much in a short space of time. These will not be served on a platter, you will need to seek out by broadening your network, look for secondment opportunities and learning on the job.
Pros
Cons
Organization layering adds to the bureaucracy. Acts as a bottleneck for their need to innovate
Engaged on a short term contract so limited exposure to Lend Lease other than the GC2018 Commonwealth Games works.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD30 June 2018
The works on the Commonwealth Games GC2018 venues was unlike any typical construction projects. As my exposure to working with Lend Lease was limited to the Games I cannot meaningfully rate Lend Lease.
Procurement Officer
Procurement Officer / Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW24 June 2018
Tendering for major infrastructure projects, expediting of equipment and supporting documentation including drawings, MSDS, design calculations, subcontractor review and assessment
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Company taken over by major company
Great work environment
National Systems and Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatswood NSW16 May 2018
Enjoyed working with people with different expertise and skill sets. Enjoyed exposure to the workings of civil construction people and projects.
Management were supportive and allowed flexibility with work hours.
The company expressed the concept of people come first and encouraged management to embrace a "caring for people" culture.
Pros
Remuneration, work hours flexibility
Cons
Sometimes interstate travel was tiresome.
Work, workmates,
Traffic Controller/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 May 2018
Very good work place and work safety was a priority. A lot of overtime was available. Permanent position. Rewarding job and worked with people from different cultural backgrounds..
Good Organisation with top class training. Middle Management their downfall
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  QLD27 April 2018
At branch level, the employees are loaded with more work they can manage and management don't offer support.

At the regional level, we had a great culture initially but that changed when a new manager came on board, We soon became the Titanic losing valuable team members.

The organisation, in general, are leaders in the industry, very innovative, with good training programs and rewards systems in place. They offer comparable market-related salaries and are a reputable company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the client interaction and being part of a great team.
Cons
Work overload and lack of support
All in all a good company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA11 April 2018
There was always kind and friendly people to work with. I was Always learning some thing new. The managers were always willing to help weather it was helping you better your self and your role or if you had an issue. The best part about working for Lend Lease was working with all the different people.
Pros
always learning some thing new
Cons
Wasn't any
Confusing Management priorities
Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2018
Like most big companies, share holders are more important than the people working within the company. They keep forgetting without the people within doing their job, there will be no company
Pros
Great work invironment
Cons
Long hours of work not rewarded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lendlease. Our community is ready to answer.