Lendlease Employee Reviews

Dont Do it
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA4 October 2018
this company consisted of the purple circle mentality. Usually only hire those with limited ability to perform basic trade skills. Management consisted of early 20yr old staff whom thought they were better then everyone else.

The shut downs were never consistent and were often left without the appropriate equipment for the job. If you have a tool bag make sure you pad lock it shut did loose lots of tools on site the theft rate was quite hi on the shutdowns.

Newman and Port Hedland Staff didn't know what the were doing purple circle mentality

Never could pay your wages correctly and then had to ring head office after almost every shut down
Pros
occasionally paid correctly
Cons
Juniors just out of a trade in managment, shut down frequency
When Abigroup - AMAZING, have not worked with Lendlease
Project Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 August 2018
I worked with Abigroup as a Project Administrator on many projects in and around Melbourne. I left Abigroup prior to the Lendlease takeover. Abigroup and the people were AMAZING to work with.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Some intrastate travel required
Work/life balance, gender equality and diversity of projects
People and Culture (Current Employee) –  Australia6 August 2018
Genuine work/life balance - I work in the building division and we have implemented a 5 in 7 working week for our people on site. Its increased morale and we are seeing good results in retention.

Gender equality - I'm happy to say we are a diverse team and I feel this is important in the construction industry

Projects - I've been a part of many different types of jobs and industries. It's exciting to not just be a player in 1 sector such as resi, but we are well respected in lots of sectors.
Pros
Flexibility, gender diversity and variety of projects
Best employer I have worked for so far
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW25 July 2018
- Great flexibility offered as a result of me having transparent conversations with my manager
- If you put in 150%, work on process efficiencies and new ways of working, you will be rewarded. I know because I have.
- They are open to new ideas but still working on removing the layering that add to the bureaucracy
- Good staff benefits like staff deals, health checks, free flu vaccinations, wellbeing days and community day
- No one day is ever the same. In the 5 years that I have been with the organisation, I have seen so many changes happen so it gives you the opportunity to get involved in a number of projects and learn so much in a short space of time. These will not be served on a platter, you will need to seek out by broadening your network, look for secondment opportunities and learning on the job.
Pros
Cons
Organization layering adds to the bureaucracy. Acts as a bottleneck for their need to innovate
Engaged on a short term contract so limited exposure to Lend Lease other than the GC2018 Commonwealth Games works.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD30 June 2018
The works on the Commonwealth Games GC2018 venues was unlike any typical construction projects. As my exposure to working with Lend Lease was limited to the Games I cannot meaningfully rate Lend Lease.
Procurement Officer
Procurement Officer / Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW24 June 2018
Tendering for major infrastructure projects, expediting of equipment and supporting documentation including drawings, MSDS, design calculations, subcontractor review and assessment
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Company taken over by major company
Great work environment
National Systems and Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatswood NSW16 May 2018
Enjoyed working with people with different expertise and skill sets. Enjoyed exposure to the workings of civil construction people and projects.
Management were supportive and allowed flexibility with work hours.
The company expressed the concept of people come first and encouraged management to embrace a "caring for people" culture.
Pros
Remuneration, work hours flexibility
Cons
Sometimes interstate travel was tiresome.
Work, workmates,
Traffic Controller/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 May 2018
Very good work place and work safety was a priority. A lot of overtime was available. Permanent position. Rewarding job and worked with people from different cultural backgrounds..
Good Organisation with top class training. Middle Management their downfall
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  QLD27 April 2018
At branch level, the employees are loaded with more work they can manage and management don't offer support.

At the regional level, we had a great culture initially but that changed when a new manager came on board, We soon became the Titanic losing valuable team members.

The organisation, in general, are leaders in the industry, very innovative, with good training programs and rewards systems in place. They offer comparable market-related salaries and are a reputable company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the client interaction and being part of a great team.
Cons
Work overload and lack of support
All in all a good company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA11 April 2018
There was always kind and friendly people to work with. I was Always learning some thing new. The managers were always willing to help weather it was helping you better your self and your role or if you had an issue. The best part about working for Lend Lease was working with all the different people.
Pros
always learning some thing new
Cons
Wasn't any
Confusing Management priorities
Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2018
Like most big companies, share holders are more important than the people working within the company. They keep forgetting without the people within doing their job, there will be no company
Pros
Great work invironment
Cons
Long hours of work not rewarded
good work enviroment
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Stanwell QLD25 February 2018
I was my own boss I work with a good client at all times I was all the time to keep busy to keep the client equipment running I kept all my part of the machinery clean.
Pros
Safety bbq every month
Cons
good safe hours
Fantastic workplace and lifestyle
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 February 2018
The workplace is excellently designed where the culture is very open and inclusive across all departments. People are very cooperative and friendly whilst maintaining an excellent level of productivity.
Pros
working in such a work friendly environment
Cons
management currently seems in flux
exellent team
skilled labour \ operator (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD7 February 2018
one of the best companies I have ever work for excellent working conditions , good wages nice people inside and out side of work ,friendly management that treat you as equals
Pros
frendly enviroment
Cons
running out of work
Wellbing & Flexibility AND Innovation
People and Culture Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW21 January 2018
Lendlease has a very employee focused culture including a comprehensive Wellbeing and Flexible working policy with a heavy focus of Safety in the Workplace.

From the CEO down all Lendlease employees place the above as most critically important to maintain and achieve.

Lendlease has an inclusive and diverse demographic and workplace culture.

Innovation is a major focus of Lendlease encouraging the business to find ways to be innovative on all levels across Lendlease's global platform.
Great
Cleaner on Shutdown at Whaleback Site (Former Employee) –  Newman WA7 January 2018
This was a interesting choice for me I was fortunate to learn from different people and I enjoyed the experience working in the mine site at Whsle back.
I recommend this job as I loved being apart of this sector
It was a very nice Work Placement
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Marys NSW9 December 2017
On this Work Placement they had amazing staff and the work environment was very sufficient. It provided you with a good experience to learn new things.
Great culture and team spirit, always pleasant and positive, motivated team and happy vibe in the workplace which makes a successful, dedicated team.
Executive Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 October 2017
A typical day will be juggling and prioritising emails and calendar management, responding to emails, scheduling and aligning meetings, booking flights and accommodation, attending team meetings and working on reports and expenses.

Working in a positive environment and working with a motivated and dedicated team, it was always a pleasure to be part of this team, the communication with the team is an essential part of a successful EA and this was had and with feedback and acknowledgement from your Manager makes it a successful team.

Knowing at the end of day that I accomplished most things on my to do list, that is what is satisfying and enjoy that I added value to the company.
Pros
Outside your day to day role, there is always something extra you can get involved in, whether it be training courses, guest speakers, lunch and learn, special event day, networking events and workshops. Never a dull moment.
Cons
Enjoyed my role.
Productive work place and good crew
Operator (Former Employee) –  Newman WA8 October 2017
My time spent in the Pilbara was enjoyable and the crews where awesome and the work was very versatile and varied which I enjoy. Most of the work was done at BHP mine sites around the Pilbara and doing the Hub projects was very good for honing my skills as an operator.
Pros
Learning new skills constantly
Cons
Great team to be a part of enjoyed the Newman branch.
Trades Assistant/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newman WA2 October 2017
I've enjoyed every day and being part of the lend lease team made me pursue a career in civils till this day and hope to be a part of the team in future reference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lendlease. Our community is ready to answer.