Library Council of NSW
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Library Council of NSW Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
The employees in library are very gentle and easy to work. No rush , no push no politics. Friendly environments Nd understanding management. Love and respect for my team. Great experience to work with Library.
Typical day starts at the Library with jobs on hand to be finished, addressing the public reading room issues is the top most priority. Then leading on to daily housekeeping of Windows and SQL servers that are virtualised. Fulfilling the incoming requests in the set SLA's and meeting the requirement of staff members.

Configuring switches, creating user accounts, user rights management over files and folders, addressing any issues relating to WiFi, creating vlans and configuring core switches.
This contract has enabled me to learn in great detail the sound industry while managing a digitisation project. It has been extremely exciting contributing to preserving the culture and heritage of Australia. It has however taught me that I require a role to be busy - I currently have a couple of hours work to do a day and for me to be happy in life I need to feel like I am contributing as much as possible to my workplace. While my project was in the delivery stage I enjoyed managing internal and external resources, competing priorities and various project team members. As I strive under pressure and enjoy fixing problems this, rather problematic project was extremely rewarding. The library will be running the same project again however due to the nature of the organisation and budget requirements this wont kick off for a couple of months and I strongly feel the library can effectively manage the successful delivery without me.
Pros
contributing the the culture of Australia, constant challenges
Cons
not enough work in down-time
Morning starts, managed contractors into & out of premises, managing all out of control room operations, if road side assistance was required, then would have to conduct control, as was the only officer of 20 staff, that held a Blue & White Card, Traffic controller operator.
Learned a great deal of public service, constantly dealing with the public and staff, on a daily routine, especially dealing with the public, in advising on areas of the Library to access.

Was great working as a team member of 20 persons, socialising with them at BBQ's and weekly meetings, on best to present ourselves in conducting our duties.

Hardest part of the job, when staff shortfall, due to illness and or annual leave, to cover positions, by not taking tea or lunch breaks

Most enjoyable part of the job, was getting respect, for the work being done by myself, from fellow staff members
Pros
Flex time, Sick leave-Carers leave, 6 monthly performance review
Cons
Difficulties in covering for short fall, due to sick, annual leave and or resignations
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Library Council of NSW?