Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

Great place to grow.
Support Disability Worker (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT8 August 2018
I used to collect clients from school. Enjoyed driving around the maxi van. Then we got home and completed homework and played games Then we cooked dinner together or sometimes my clients watched TV or played outside. Then we would have showers and socialise while I cook. Then have dinner and tuck girls in for bed.
Pros
Working with different people
Cons
na
Clients were all really well prepared and easy to get along with
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA26 July 2018
I enjoyed working at life without barrier because the staff were professional and the clients always enthusiastic to get out for the day. I made many long term acquaintences at LWB
Pros
Visibility in the community for dissability clients
Cons
a lot of transport involved
Great for the first few months
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Albury-Wodonga VIC23 June 2018
As permanent staff, my roster was changed all the time when I was told it would not.
Team leaders are friends with staff and those staff get what they want over others.
Managers are all over the place and you never know who you’re meant to be reporting to.
Cons
Work life balance has been terrible due to multiple roster changes
Don't even bother.
Disability/Aged Care Support Worker (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Alstonville NSW15 May 2018
As usual, staff and clients excellent. Management on the other hand, it's like you don't even exist. And this comment comes from the clients as well. I looked after a client who's needs had changed but he could never ever get the supervisor to return his calls. He is going elsewhere when his contract expires. My salary was incorrect from day one as I was made to perform duties outside my contract. It took another 9 months before they sorted it out. I was promised work that never happened. Take my advice and simply look elsewhere. Even if you are a client.
Pros
Other staff and clients
Cons
Very committed to its people and clients.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  ASP NT8 April 2018
I have only been with this company for a very short period. An excellent organisation and love to stay with the organisation if possible, particularly if an opportunity arose in Melbourne due to family reasons.
Pros
induction at starting new post
Cons
I cannot identify one
Cairns Managment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD13 March 2018
Support staff and coordinators are awesome and value and uphold LWB beliefs. Operation and Regional management however leave a lot to be desired. One particular OM has been reported for bullying many times,yet she still remains in the position. Poor decisions by HR and senior management of you ask me.
Pros
Great training, good pay
Cons
Management are bullies
case management
Supporter of Carers (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD11 February 2018
hard role but i was supported
there was which ever training that i needed
the management is very supportive of their staff
everyday was different the youth were always a challenge
LWB in Nt has bad reputation
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT10 February 2018
CEO and Executive Director needs to do something ASAP. My rating is about LWB in NT not nationwide, head office should investigate, staff turnover is massive, people just walk out without notice. Because of the Management.They dont treat staff right regardless on how good you are at you job. Resulting to being short staff that affects the qaulity of care they provide to the Clients. Management do a lot of cover ups , they are saving money by cost cutting on wages but dont save on the unnecassry things.
NSW Office should secretly do a survey or investigate and ask around the staff without disclosing the staffs identity because they are scared to get ousted in their job. Programs cant run properly because of the short staffing but yet nothing is done. LWB Nt is dragging all LWB’s name across Australia so it needs to be relooked at investigated.

CEO and Executive Director needs to do something ASAP
Pros
Working with Clients is very rewarding
Cons
Management are bullies and is good in blaiming other staff member on their Mistake
Poor Darwin Management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT7 February 2018
Management in Darwin are very amateurish, unprofessional and fail to follow their own policies and procedures. They constantly cut corners, and this affects client care. So much so, that if compliance were to pay a visit, heads would roll. So much is covered up and easily so, as management look after each other. Management have one set of rules and the rest of staff have another. If you dare to question the hierarchy, you are punished in some form or other. Ask management a question and you are not answered. Staff are afraid to speak up, for fear of retribution. There is no formal induction other than receiving a wad of paper work, and a pen at a table and told to read through it alone and answer any questions. Being shadowed on your first day of work depends on if there is available staff. Quite often you are sent out alone on your first day. There is no training, team building or support. Rosters are often sent out day by day instead of a fortnight in advance, and always have errors. Wages are always mucked about. Clients and staff constanly complain about no one answering phones. Clients complain about being wrongly invoiced, but do not want to fill out a feed back form for fear of having their services stopped. Management have taken all of the joy out of a caring role that should be very rewarding. Staff work very hard but are never rewarded and hardly acknowleged. This is part of the resson why staff are leaving in droves.
Pros
Caring for clients
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Please mind your own business
Cultural Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC23 January 2018
Like I said, this is a highly unprofessional question to ask. Please review your policies. It is rude and unprofessional. I do not need to review my past employers to you
Bullying, cover ups, deception, kids for profit
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW6 January 2018
Never report to community services or management will put you on split shifts sleep overs and even change your reports. Discredit the worker who puts kids before there profit and show you the door! Contracts for friends and family and money under the table!
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Office staff on power trips
Student placement t
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 December 2017
Really enjoyed my placement here, learnt a lot and had a supportive team around me.
I was able to develop and grow skills to become a case manager in the future.
Major Changes
Quality Business Partner VIC/TAS (Former Employee) –  Victoria13 November 2017
Major changes trying to work through changes and restructure. GM are not aligned with org purpose. we were told how lucky we were the CEO used her valuable time to explain the strategic plan. too many people of self importance instead of what the organisation is funded to do.
Pros
salary
Cons
No continuity
Disability Support Worker yr 5 grade 4 (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW21 October 2017
Team works together well more of a homely feel to houses clients and staff interact well clients families very comfortable with dropping in when they like having a cups with staff n clients
Very friendly service
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
None really
Improving clients lives rewarding
DSW (Current Employee) –  Qld18 October 2017
Have been with the company nearly 8 years. Was good to start with. Pay per hour good and weekend rates good. Sleepover rate needs to be better and they dont like paying if you are disturbed during night for awake time. Management needs improvement. Lack of communication between management and carers. Almost no praise but will give you a going over for minute things. Can't trust some co workers reporting on everything you say. Working with clients can be very rewarding and enjoyable most times. The only reason you would stay. Hours are unreliable.
Pros
Helping clients achieve a great life
Cons
Managements attitude
Work life balance
Finance Officer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW22 September 2017
Working at LWB one can get flexible working environment. Employees can have their lunch whenever they want, they can relax and go out for a walk if they are exhausted that can help improve the performance. It was a wonderful experience doing the internship over there.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
homely atmosphere
Cultural Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC13 September 2017
Good if you speak the clients language !! lol
nice and relaxed most of the time with some challenging activities .
But that is life!
Working with the other staff was an enjoyable experience.
Cons
clients behaviour
Management struggle with their roles and have no people skills.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD7 September 2017
Life Without Barriers is not such a good place to work now that the management is being run people who lack people skills. It has the potential to be good again once the current Cairns office management is replaced by people who know what they are doing.
really great company
Disabilities support worker/Foster Carer (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD3 September 2017
really great to work for and ahead of all the other support organisations when it comes to quality and person centred care requirements.
Pay was always on time and accurate with great rates and benefits.
I always had the support i needed when it came to stresses of the job and management was always contactable to discuss issues.
would recommend working with life without barriers to anybody for a great career in the support industry.
The best organisation I have worked for
HR professional (Current Employee) –  New South Wales28 August 2017
LWB is a wonderful place to work. Yes the work and pace can be challenging but it is very rewarding.

The people are wonderful and the organisation is very client focused which is great to be part of.

This organisation would suit you if you like to be challenged and want to make a difference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Without Barriers. Our community is ready to answer.