Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

A fun and exciting career. Meeting lots of new clients and making friends is a bonus. A very rewarding career. Every day is different and lots of fun.
The team in the residential accommodation is wonderful and the management has the welfare of workers at heart because they approach issues or challenges at work with human feelings. Working here makes me feel at home and that I am with my family.
Learned alot about all types of disabilities, team meetings weeklyDiversity in the workplace Always offered extra hoursWorking with different cultures Ability to converse with family members
Pros
Learning
Cons
Nil
Well run company. Management lead well and all levels treated equallyPositive environment , relevant and ongoing training as needed Always looking to improve in all aspects of serviceClient centred approach in line with Ndis
Very stressful workplace! Management don't address important issues, there is no respect for staff's experience in the field, no encouragement for staff to take the initiative, no praise in a people oriented industry,it's basically just do what you're told and don't ask questions!!
Do not work there..Horrible Place to work..Very poorly managed in cairns.They cut corners were ever they can.Its all about money,they want to keep in their pocket.One complain and they show you the door.Their MISUSE OF POWER is endless..!!!!💰💰💰😈😈😈🤮🤮🤮
Pros
No pros
Have never regretted working with them. They look after their staff and participants. Great management system. Always very active in term of managing the participants.
Pros
Great work
Cons
To give staff the necessary training in order for them to do their job effectively
does not support its staff, poor leadership, punitive work culture and does not lead best practice in the area of disability, constant turnonver and replacement of staff
Pros
Cons
Many
One of the best companies have work with. Started in Townsville and transferred to Darwin. Worked there for 5 years and its one of the best. PROUD TO BE A LWB FAMILY!!
Extremely difficult to work for, do not recommend this "NFP / NDIS" company, lots of on site problems and multiple management errors. I do not have anything positive to add about this company.
Toxic place to work. Bullying behaviour is not addressed. Team Leader bullies and support this type of behaviour.. Clients are adorable. Not enough Trainings.
Pros
Some friendly co workers
Cons
Bullying Culture
Would not recommend working for Life Without Barriers. Management lie and never supportive of the staff doing the work. The culture at LWB is very much if you kiss butt you will move up the ladder without prior knowledge of the type of work being done. Only some staff do the work while others sit and do nothing. They never pay out correct pay once you leave either. DO NOT WORK THERE...PROTECT YOURSELF
LWB management in their offices placed a blanket ban on NDIS support workers familiar to clients from supporting them after covid restrictions lifted. They are making up their own rules and only want internal staff, even casuals. It's all about saving money, not person centred care.
It was my first job as a Community Worker and I still consider one of the bests I have ever had. Management used to listen the workers and consider our opinion to take a decision. Manager was very efficient keeping the harmony and cooperation among workers, provide us constant training and be there for us as individuals when we needed it. Best part of the work was a a very integrated and reliable team. Hardest part of the job was supporting youth during their critical crises moments including suicidal attempting.
LWB is a great company but has many bad managers . We are being made to sweep and mop commercial centres for same rate of pay. We are being made to clean busses, scrub toilets and yet still do our normal duties as DSW.
Its a culture of who knows who and nothing about suitability with a participant. Its a wage for management and it shows. I never met one happy support worker who praised the organisation just constant complaints on how management treat people. Alot of unhappy support workers still working there, miserable which reflects on participants. Alot of talk and no action. Alot of unhappy families with participants. Really sad culture and needs a massive clean up on management. Very difficult to give any stars!
Rather not comment Life without Barriers can be a wonderful place to work especially if you are related to anyone within management. I loved working with the clients of LWB and many members of staff but management, communication and empathy for unrelated staff was non existent.
Good company to work for a lot of cultural acceptance and can listen to your needs and help you to do your work the best you can as well as a positive work environment!
Cons
Worked in several houses with hi needs clients, without a great deal of support from the office. It's just what you know that make the day run smooth. Even to get in contact for a client that needed a PRN was difficult
- Great supportive company to work for - Challenging work - Good clients with supportive family - Flexible hours - A lot of work available if prepared to travel
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some staff can be negative
It was very fun to work with new people i learnt many new things as well as many new responsibilities. my typical day would have been waking the kids up and getting them breakfast then making sure they have all the right equipment for the day come home prepare dinner and make sure they keep up with their hygiene