Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

Bullying, cover ups, deception, kids for profit
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW6 January 2018
Never report to community services or management will put you on split shifts sleep overs and even change your reports. Discredit the worker who puts kids before there profit and show you the door! Contracts for friends and family and money under the table!
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Office staff on power trips
Student placement t
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 December 2017
Really enjoyed my placement here, learnt a lot and had a supportive team around me.
I was able to develop and grow skills to become a case manager in the future.
Major Changes
Quality Business Partner VIC/TAS (Former Employee) –  Victoria13 November 2017
Major changes trying to work through changes and restructure. GM are not aligned with org purpose. we were told how lucky we were the CEO used her valuable time to explain the strategic plan. too many people of self importance instead of what the organisation is funded to do.
Pros
salary
Cons
No continuity
Disability Support Worker yr 5 grade 4 (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW21 October 2017
Team works together well more of a homely feel to houses clients and staff interact well clients families very comfortable with dropping in when they like having a cups with staff n clients
Very friendly service
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
None really
Improving clients lives rewarding
DSW (Current Employee) –  Qld18 October 2017
Have been with the company nearly 8 years. Was good to start with. Pay per hour good and weekend rates good. Sleepover rate needs to be better and they dont like paying if you are disturbed during night for awake time. Management needs improvement. Lack of communication between management and carers. Almost no praise but will give you a going over for minute things. Can't trust some co workers reporting on everything you say. Working with clients can be very rewarding and enjoyable most times. The only reason you would stay. Hours are unreliable.
Pros
Helping clients achieve a great life
Cons
Managements attitude
Work life balance
Finance Officer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW22 September 2017
Working at LWB one can get flexible working environment. Employees can have their lunch whenever they want, they can relax and go out for a walk if they are exhausted that can help improve the performance. It was a wonderful experience doing the internship over there.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
homely atmosphere
Cultural Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC13 September 2017
Good if you speak the clients language !! lol
nice and relaxed most of the time with some challenging activities .
But that is life!
Working with the other staff was an enjoyable experience.
Cons
clients behaviour
Management struggle with their roles and have no people skills.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD7 September 2017
Life Without Barriers is not such a good place to work now that the management is being run people who lack people skills. It has the potential to be good again once the current Cairns office management is replaced by people who know what they are doing.
really great company
Disabilities support worker/Foster Carer (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD3 September 2017
really great to work for and ahead of all the other support organisations when it comes to quality and person centred care requirements.
Pay was always on time and accurate with great rates and benefits.
I always had the support i needed when it came to stresses of the job and management was always contactable to discuss issues.
would recommend working with life without barriers to anybody for a great career in the support industry.
The best organisation I have worked for
HR professional (Current Employee) –  New South Wales28 August 2017
LWB is a wonderful place to work. Yes the work and pace can be challenging but it is very rewarding.

The people are wonderful and the organisation is very client focused which is great to be part of.

This organisation would suit you if you like to be challenged and want to make a difference
friendly working environment but the management is not really professional
Regional Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW9 July 2017
friendly working environment, diverse workplace culture, close to public transport, gained practical experience in accounting, but the management is not really professional
The headoffice was always clean and the staff were always friendly and happy
Foster Carer (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW18 June 2017
Being a Foster Carer is working from home and caring for the child. The company in general were always there for you if you need them. Very big on culture and you had to complete 3 courses per year to continue being a Carer. I guess the hardest part of the job was making the child feel welcome and comfortable in your home. The children obviously had been removed from danger. So they would be scared. The most enjoyable part of the job was making them happy and being loved.
Pros
They always looked after the Carers when in training
Cons
Always long hours
Made many long term friends
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Springwood QLD23 May 2017
Great support from the admin team. We all worked well together, along with the Coordinators and Program Managers.
The variety in the position was great. Learnt many things.
Pros
The office was in the shopping district.
Positive experience
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia15 April 2017
I worked at LWB for 2 1/2 years and overall was pleased with the organisation. I was able to pursue professional and personal goals at my time with LWB and would be happy to work there again.
Different skills
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD3 April 2017
I worked as Disability Support Worker, sometimes back to back if someone didn't show up. I took the client for shopping and appointment for the Doctor. On time to work rain or shine. I followed the workplace health and safety for my clients. The hardest part of the job if your had three clients and by yourself to work . I got more pay, and caring for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Not Recommended
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD25 March 2017
Best thing about the job is my clients who I love working with. They are the ONLY reason I have stayed with LWB.
Management keeps changing and doesnt listen to support workers on the ground.
As much as I love my clients I wouldnt recommend LWB as a workplace.
Working with young people
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW19 March 2017
The most part I enjoy about this position is working with young people to help support them for their future.
Due to my work I am unable to provide Information due being Confidential Information.
Agency does a lot of good. Employees lack good work ethic
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW9 March 2017
Employees lack good work ethic. People are promoted for the wrong reasons. Agency does a lot of good for refugees and new Australians. Management is a little lost. They need to figure out direction and work together to get there. Communication could be improved.
Pros
Agency does good work for clients.
Cons
Bad work ethic in employees.
people are great to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC26 January 2017
This company is great because of the people that work here and make a difference to our clients. Management could use with more training in order to provide better support to their staff.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours remuneration does not match the work output
I am willing to drive in and out to any positions available in the mining industry
Indigenous Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton City QLD8 November 2016
I am a very respectful and motivated person who enjoys working with people of any ethnic backgrounds. I am reliable and very organised person
I am single and I am willing to drive to work. I have my CA car licence and my own vehicle. I am a healthy person and I like to keep active and I also enjoy meeting people and learning new information.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Don't like negative people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Without Barriers. Our community is ready to answer.