Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

Australia132 reviews
A fun and exciting career. Meeting lots of new clients and making friends is a bonus. A very rewarding career. Every day is different and lots of fun.
Extremely difficult to work for, do not recommend this "NFP / NDIS" company, lots of on site problems and multiple management errors.

I do not have anything positive to add about this company.
Toxic place to work. Bullying behaviour is not addressed. Team Leader bullies and support this type of behaviour.. Clients are adorable. Not enough Trainings.
Pros
Some friendly co workers
Cons
Bullying Culture
Would not recommend working for Life Without Barriers. Management lie and never supportive of the staff doing the work. The culture at LWB is very much if you kiss butt you will move up the ladder without prior knowledge of the type of work being done. Only some staff do the work while others sit and do nothing. They never pay out correct pay once you leave either. DO NOT WORK THERE...PROTECT YOURSELF
LWB management in their offices placed a blanket ban on NDIS support workers familiar to clients from supporting them after covid restrictions lifted. They are making up their own rules and only want internal staff, even casuals. It's all about saving money, not person centred care.
It was my first job as a Community Worker and I still consider one of the bests I have ever had.
Management used to listen the workers and consider our opinion to take a decision. Manager was very efficient keeping the harmony and cooperation among workers, provide us constant training and be there for us as individuals when we needed it.

Best part of the work was a a very integrated and reliable team.

Hardest part of the job was supporting youth during their critical crises moments including suicidal attempting.
LWB is a great company but has many bad managers . We are being made to sweep and mop commercial centres for same rate of pay. We are being made to clean busses, scrub toilets and yet still do our normal duties as DSW.
Its a culture of who knows who and nothing about suitability with a participant. Its a wage for management and it shows. I never met one happy support worker who praised the organisation just constant complaints on how management treat people. Alot of unhappy support workers still working there, miserable which reflects on participants.
Alot of talk and no action. Alot of unhappy families with participants.

Really sad culture and needs a massive clean up on management.

Very difficult to give any stars!
Rather not comment
Life without Barriers can be a wonderful place to work especially if you are related to anyone within management.

I loved working with the clients of LWB and many members of staff but management, communication and empathy for unrelated staff was non existent.
Good company to work for a lot of cultural acceptance and can listen to your needs and help you to do your work the best you can as well as a positive work environment!
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Life Without Barriers?
Worked in several houses with hi needs clients, without a great deal of support from the office. It's just what you know that make the day run smooth. Even to get in contact for a client that needed a PRN was difficult
- Great supportive company to work for
- Challenging work

- Good clients with supportive family

- Flexible hours

- A lot of work available if prepared to travel
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some staff can be negative
It was very fun to work with new people i learnt many new things as well as many new responsibilities. my typical day would have been waking the kids up and getting them breakfast then making sure they have all the right equipment for the day come home prepare dinner and make sure they keep up with their hygiene
admin were supportive and understanding. awesome place to work.there was plenty of training and support provided, the staff are friendly and helpful.
Enjoyable and relaxed workplace. Team meetings include free food and effort put in. Collaborative and friendly. Less stressful than other placed I have worked.
No work life balance. Staff are not respected very toxic. management in asylum seekers program don’t value the staff it’s all about pleasing immigration department. Some other programs are great as managers are great.
Good organisations but you have to be in the right team.
Team Leaders and Managers are friends with certain staff who gets away with what they want. Managers are in for the money. There is high staff turn over.
LWB, has some great aspects but the lack of support for their staff is really disappointing. The management has no interest in the safety of their staff and no understanding of the psychological affects their management style has on their staff. They let good staff go rather than fix their management culture.
Too many family members working in company. Bullying management.
No support from HR

Took 5 months for clearance and no communication in that time.

Too many shortcuts taken by management.

Lots of managers leaving or acting.
Cons
Inconsistencies in roster. Inconsistent work rules.
LWB only care about making money.
They only follow the law when it is financially viable. They put the client and the worker at risk. Many mistakes are made by the workers and the Managers turn a blind eye. They just dont care.
Management are Very poor to act on bullying. LWB could not retain good staff as manager don't have good communication skills. They have big heads don't care attitude.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Without Barriers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9