Life Without Barriers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Life Without Barriers Employee Review

A real eye opener.

16 July 2013
I was shocked and surprised by the lack of care given to clients and staff on behalf of the company-money always came first, sad place to work. Safety was often overlooked as well as abuse of clients rights and mishandling of their funds. Staff training and support were lacking drastically and there was a culture of turn a blind eye going on. I hope it has improved alot since I left. I do believe there were a handful of good people trying to improve things but I feel that they were not given the support levels they needed also.
Pros
Some lovely clients and staff who were really trying to change things for the better
Cons
Lack of safety procedures and policies and procedures being followed and/or implemented
31 May 2020
Youth Worker (Former Employee) - Gladstone QLD
Would not recommend working for Life Without Barriers. Management lie and never supportive of the staff doing the work. The culture at LWB is very much if you kiss butt you will move up the ladder without prior knowledge of the type of work being done. Only some staff do the work while others sit and do nothing. They never pay out correct pay once you leave either. DO NOT WORK THERE...PROTECT YOURSELF
2 February 2020
Youth Worker (Current Employee) - Cairns QLD
LWB, has some great aspects but the lack of support for their staff is really disappointing. The management has no interest in the safety of their staff and no understanding of the psychological affects their management style has on their staff. They let good staff go rather than fix their management culture.
20 January 2020
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
This organisation is all about making money, the management is racist and very incompetent. I worked with them on Nauru and all they were worried about was keeping the government happy and couldn't care less about the refugees. The management is extremely incompetent.